Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a seperate hob when you have a range?

• 17-05-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all

This is just a general question to anyone who has a range in their kitchen.
    Do you need to have a seperate hob to use just in case you arent using the range during the summer?

The range would be gas and would provide the central heating as well but I'm not sure should I get a seperate gas or electric hob for quick/short hob usage?

I'm a bit confused with all the technical info I'm getting so would be good to hear from a person using one!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

If you've got the space/money, I would be putting in a hob and oven -other wise you will be having to use bucket loads of fuel just to fry an egg. What about the sunday roast in june/july/august?. If space is an issue then mabe go for hob and one of those small oven/grill units that sit on the counter top and just plug in. If you are going to get a gas hob, then it has to be connected up by RGI plumber and certified [for house insurance/morgage requirements]-about 100 euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HootieMcBoobie

cheers wayoutwest, I think we can use the cooker on its own apart from having the central heating on but I'm not sure if it would take lots of fuel as you say to heat up the hob just to boil an egg...I definitely need to suss this out a bit more before deciding!

Advertisement