Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Parcel2Go

Options
  • 17-05-2012 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have used Parcel2go a few times in the past 3 months to send parcels from UK to Ireland and to be fair they performed adequately if not great until last month.

I had 3 seperate bookings from various locations and every single one was not collected on the specified date. After many pointless conversations with the robots at the other end of their 'live chat' facility (no contact numbers available surprise surprise) I eventually received 2 of the deliveries.

However on May 1st 2012 (a day after they were due to be collected) 2 boxes left my parents house and 17 days later no one can tell me where they are now! The tracking system is completely useless as it has been saying the same thing since April 30th which makes no sense - 'OUTWARD OE'

After patiently waiting for 6 days I contacted them via 'live chat' but got no constructive feedback from any of the advisors; Andy (so called supervisor), Sarah 1 & Sarah 2, Emma etc until 2 weeks after the parcel had been collected, after contacting them every day sometimes more than twice. Only then did they tell me that they had passed the information on to the courier (in this case Parcelforce) and they would be carrying out a depot search. They could not tell me which depot, because nobody knew which one!

Becoming ever more frustrated and angry I called the Parcelforce branch local to my Parent's address and a very helpful female explained that this happened frequently and gave me the contact number of parcel2go and told me she couldn't do anything as it was not a Parcelforce direct booking.

Bingo! I was put straight through to Andy the supervisor with no customer service skills whatsoever. I wasn't offered an appology or thanked for my patience but basically told to go away! I was told (and have been on many occasions) that I would receive an update via email. Not once has anyone emailed me in 17 days!!!

I have been 'advised' to make a claim for £50 this is for both boxes. Now each of these boxes contain approx 400 Euros worth of goods!!! I am fully aware that I could have taken out extra insurance at the time, but I feel that if I am paying £50+ for the delivery, they have a duty to get my parcels to me and that is that! I will not be making a claim because I am not going to be swept under the carpet so easily and the items that I am waiting for are irreplaceable, the monetary value is irrelevant to me. I WILL BE GETTING THESE PARCELS! Regardless of whether I am contacting them every day for a year. To lose 1 parcel is bad but to lose 2 parcels from the same address is negligent!!!!

I am posting on all of my social networking sites and any other BOARDS / Forums possible so that no one has to go through what I have been through! :mad:********DO NOT USE PARCEL2GO*******:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Keep your communications with the company formal. Do not go all out on social media badmouthing them as that will gain you no good will at all.

Why wouldn't you go through the claims process? By going through the claims process, you will at least be forcing them to acknowledge the missing parcels.

Post split out from old thread and moved to new thread.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

OP, you won't want to hear this, but most freight companies or couriers don't insure what they carry. It is up to the payer of the freight charges to insure their belongings. Normally under standard trading conditions, they are limited to approx €800 per 1000kgs!!!!! If they are small parcels, they are actually being generous at stg£50 per piece.

Advertisement