Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Autocad drafting jobs

Options
  • 17-05-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all ,

Anyone here working in drafting or surveying ? any advice on finding a job anywhere in the country . Im in my mid twenties and single and open to any job anywhere .

Whats the main differences between here and there , Is Autocad the main program ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kiwijbob

Anyone here working in drafting or surveying?
    yep
    any advice on finding a job anywhere in the country?
    go to alberta
    Whats the main differences between here and there?
    mostly imperial measurments here
    Is Autocad the main program?
    yes but Revit is taking over

employment prospects will depend on your experience and your portfolio, big emphasis on the portfolio !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Go to Calgary or anywhere in Alberta really.

Contact a few of the main Engineering consultants in the city. You will have no problems at all.

Even though out on site people all deal in imperial measurements all drawings are still done in metric.

Revit is becoming more popular though so it would be a good idea to have Revit experience.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10 castleside

Cheers for the replies

Calgary or anywhere in Alberta it is so . Im going to Canada to work and hopefully stay so not bothered with the Vancouver/ Torontos. Id go to fortmcmurray or anywhere for a decent job .

Ive been using Revit for the last few months :)

What sort of stuff would look good in the portfolio ? Ive afew years experience drafting and abit of land surveying .

Would ye please PM me some names of Engineering consultants or recruitment agencies that I could use ?

What other stuff should I brush up on that would help my jobsearch ?

Thanks again

Advertisement