Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Higher and Ordinary maths

• 17-05-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

So i just dropped from HL maths to OL maths and looking through the exam papers they look fairly different in places.
    With only a few weeks to go to the exams i really need to familiarise myself with the papers.

I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me the differences in the OL paper, for example I heard there's something called simsons rule?

what constructions theorems have to be learnt?

things in general about OL maths.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

its very different. alot of junior cert stuff. simpsons rule and the other different things are really quite simple once you go through them. nothing too challenging really.
    I dropped to Pass just before my pre maybe a month before and I just did papers and spent a couple of hours going through the book/papers and I got 74/3 overall in pass maths. Its not that hard once you familiarise youself and doing that is not hard. youll have plenty of time in the exam so just think about a question and stay at it. attempt all questions as youre more than likely going to get at least 3 marks for every attempted part of a question. its nothing to be worried about really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

The only difference my friend noticed when she dropped to ordinary was that we had simpsons rule to find the area of an irregular shape. I am not too sure if that and the fact that it's so much simpler are the only two differences.

Advertisement