Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teachers wanting to keep students in school before the LEAVING

• 17-05-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I dont understand why teachers are trying to keep students in school 3 weeks before the leaving..... You learn alot more at home. Im just wondering maybe some of yee know? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Maybe they don't get paid if the classroom is empty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Its kinda their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Go home if you want, I learn more in school so I go to school, you stay home if you want, nobody's forcing you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

They want to see you fail miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I dont understand why teachers are trying to keep students in school 3 weeks before the leaving..... You learn alot more at home. Im just wondering maybe some of yee know? :)

Because some students don't have the willpower or motivation to study at home, and need the structure that the school timetable gives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Because some students don't have the willpower or motivation to study at home, and need the structure that the school timetable gives.

so true. I do nothing really at home but I actually do stuff in school. So Ive already had 5 6 ish hours done before im home and prob the people at home will be lucky if they were out of bed by 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Is that a fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I go in 2 days a week now but if I stay at home I make sure I'm up at 7. Only way I can get stuff done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I know some people learn more at home and some learn more at school so it should be down to the student to decide. However, make sure if you do stay at home your studying the right things etc. My mate stayed at home before the leaving cert and was really dissappointed with his results because he wasn't studying the right stuff. I on the other hand picked up loads of hints from teachers and did well.

Advertisement