Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Constant Disconnection Issues - Clane , Kildare

Options
  • 17-05-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hi All ,

I am being driven up the wall by UPC at the moment. I had the 100mb pack installed a few weeks ago and have being having trouble ever since. The connection is constantly dropping. It is happing easily 10 times each hour.

I have been on to UPC a heap of times and even after 3 engineer visits and 2 new modems the problem persists. They keep telling me that they can see no fault , even though I show the engineer the connection physically dropping !!

I got back on to them yesterday to complain again ( the most recent engineer visit was the day before ). The response was " I will book an engineer to visit"

Needless to say I flipped a little. Told them I wanted to cancel. I was put onto the cancellations who said I had to give 30 days written notice and pay a €150 cancellation charge. Told him no way I was paying a cent as they were not providing the service and that if anything they should be giving me a credit. He got arsey and shut down on me , I ended up just hanging up.

I posted them a long registered letter yesterday saying my intention to cancel and that I would be not paying the €150 and my reasons for it.

Has anybody had any similar issues ?

And also , what are Eircom like for the 24 MB package or are there any other good providers out there at the moment .

Many thanks

Justin

Advertisement