Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Hospital

Options
  • 17-05-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone deliver their baby in Mullingar hospital? If your going private is it hard to get a private room there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Hi there,
    I had twins in Mullingar last year and couldnt fault them....will defo be planning a return visit :D
    I didnt go privately.
    My SIL had 2 babies there in last 3 years and a Friend had her baby there 6 weeks ago. All public with no complaints.
    A lady I know tho had her second child there last June and had a private room...but wasnt guaranteed.
    If you've any specific questions dont hesitate to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Hey I haven't delivered yet (due in 5 weeks) but I will be delivering in Mullingar! We've decided not to go private as there are only 4 beds on a public ward which I think is great! I think having a private room could be a bit lonely when your OH has to go home so it'll be nice to have some other new mums to talk to!
    I've heard nothing but good reports about the hospital from friends and friends of friends!
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

lmullen wrote: »
    I think having a private room could be a bit lonely when your OH has to go home so it'll be nice to have some other new mums to talk to!
    I've heard nothing but good reports about the hospital from friends and friends of friends!
    Good luck!

Yep it is a good hospital. I got a private room straight out of the recovery room and had great peace for 5 days.. I preferred having my own space and time with the baby and getting sleep when possible. Its fine having other women to talk to but you also hear their babies when you are trying to sleep on the wards which is a big negative when you are trying to grab 40 winks yourself.

Another plus is that they only let partners and grandparents in so there arent hoards of visitors roaming round. I think the rooms are a lottery no matter what hospital..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spicymeme

Anyone deliver their baby in Mullingar hospital? If your going private is it hard to get a private room there?

Mullingar hospital is **** when I was born they botched it and almost gave me cerebral palsy and killed me too and they almost broke my brothers neck so I hate mullingar hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Spicymeme wrote: »
    Mullingar hospital is **** when I was born they botched it and almost gave me cerebral palsy and killed me too and they almost broke my brothers neck so I hate mullingar hospital

Which do you hate more? Mullingar hospital or punctuation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

This thread is 5 years old???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement