Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Question

• 17-05-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

Did anybody do the physics mock with the X-rays as question 9

If anyone did do u know the answer for the maths part!! I have it done right( I hope) but im not sure!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Yeah I did :) What you do is let the two energies equal, i.e. let E=hf equal E=QV
    Therefore, you can find f, and sub it into c=f(lambda) to get your answer!

I got 1.55x10^-11m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 temujin

i know that's its a bit random but in the questions 1-4, are the axis you use in the graph questions important. i know the "cause" is supposed to go on the x axis but the books and marking schemes do the opposite of each other with mixing up the axis'.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

temujin wrote: »
    i know that's its a bit random but in the questions 1-4, are the axis you use in the graph questions important. i know the "cause" is supposed to go on the x axis but the books and marking schemes do the opposite of each other with mixing up the axis'.
    thanks

I always do it your way, that's the correct way I thought? :P Anyways, I've never lost any marks for doing it that way!
    But if 2 things are directly proportional I'm sure you'd still get full marks because the graph will still be a straight line from the origin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 temujin

Wesc. wrote: »
    I always do it your way, that's the correct way I thought? :P Anyways, I've never lost any marks for doing it that way!
    But if 2 things are directly proportional I'm sure you'd still get full marks because the graph will still be a straight line from the origin :)

thanks.. i thought that it would be fine i just wanted to make sure

Advertisement