Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core i5 2500k / GTX 560ti Temps

Options
  • 17-05-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

After a long BF3 session I noticed some mild graphical issues and loaded up Speedfan. It reported the following:

GPU: 62c
    System: 36c
    CPU: 59c (fire symbol)
    Core 0: 71c (fire symbol)

Would you consider these temperatures high? If so I'd like to upgrade my cooling before anything gets fried. No hardware is overclocked. Ultra settings on bf3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iDementia

anything under 80C is definitely safe for that CPU. It will just limit the lifespan of your CPU. What is your clock speed on the CPU and voltage?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nertballs

OP,
    just out of interest, what's that setup llike? just about to build my own and have that cpu and about to get that gpu? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

3.3ghz - stock everything (no overclocking done). Nertballs - it's run everything I've thrown at it at full settings so no complaints. I'm currently using a hard drive though - I expect boot times etc would be much quicker when run on an SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Nertballs wrote: »
    OP,
    just out of interest, what's that setup llike? just about to build my own and have that cpu and about to get that gpu? Thanks!
    Don't get the 560ti. The 7850 is much better, less power consumption and much more over lockable. Or you can wait for the GTX 660 when it comes out. There's a thread about it lying around if you want to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

t1mm wrote: »
    3.3ghz - stock everything (no overclocking done). Nertballs - it's run everything I've thrown at it at full settings so no complaints. I'm currently using a hard drive though - I expect boot times etc would be much quicker when run on an SSD.

Is that cpu temp with the stock cpu cooler?

• Advertisement

Eboggles wrote: »
    Don't get the 560ti. The 7850 is much better, less power consumption and much more over lockable. Or you can wait for the GTX 660 when it comes out. There's a thread about it lying around if you want to have a look.

is it worth the extra €40-60? what about a 448 core verse the 7850?

Eboggles wrote: »

is it worth the extra €40-60? what about a 448 core verse the 7850?
    7850 when overclocked well can reach ridiculous speeds, up to gtx 580 in perfect conditions, so yeah it's worth it. And as I said before the power consumption is really low.

I think dabs do a sapphire 7850 for €227...

EDIT: It's €229

well i got an ocd gtx 560 now for 200 so i'm happy enough!

well i got an ocd gtx 560 now for 200 so i'm happy enough!
    Cancel the order.
    Seriously.
    It won't be shipped by now and you'll be kicking yourself for not getting the 7850.

Advertisement