Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

God Bless America

• 17-05-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Is is just me, or does this movie just suit the mood of todays world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU

I for one, can't wait to see this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Seen the film. Its good in a strange way.

Seen America - parts of it, not so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Fcuk yeah. That looks cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

tempura wrote: »
    Is is just me, or does this movie just suit the mood of todays world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU

I for one, can't wait to see this.

Looks good. Remind me a bit of Falling Down
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Down

God wouldn't ya love to just go fuc*ing mental one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That actually looks like a decent movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Any idea when it's out over here? It said 11th May in the trailer, but I'd assume that that only applies to America.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

America is shit is it? Off to Liberia with you then you moany fuckhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Falling down for the 21st century. Looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

saw it slow in parts but watchable,though it was more in the Death Wish type

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'll watch that movie when it's on TV for free, but I don't think it would be worth paying for a cinema ticket to see it. Looks like a good laugh.:)

That "God bless America" mantra that they're always spouting reminds me of what David Norris said after Bush won the presidential election for the first time in 2004:;)

"When Bush says 'God bless America', I say 'God help the Americans', for they have chosen Barabbas, and on their heads be it!":rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Looks like something I'd enjoy immensely, I'll be paying to see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

Ellis Dee alredy been on free tv,nod wink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

America is shit is it? Off to Liberia with you then you moany fuckhead.

Don't take it too seriously...

Also, American Pop Culture is extremely inane. There are people out there now making sex tapes trying to Paris Hilton their way into fame...Lawrence Fishburnes daughter did it...tape is just bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Movie looks good, but overdue I guess we are a niche market was considering spending my summer vacation falling down but that can wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

It's certainly no falling down.

But definitely watchable, even if his side kick girl is irritating beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looks great! Especially the bit at the end when they're shooting the pop idol or whatever people. AND they're driving a Camaro! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It's "out" already....cof cof cof cof cof. But yeah written by Bobcat Goldthwait. Only realised recently that it was Zed from Police Academy! His new stand up stuff is pretty funny. (Since he's lost the growly ADHD-like persona).

like movie for the Man Flu stable but with a little girl as the protagonist didn't take her weary little head long to realize it is beyond democracy, already or maybe only attaining it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Saw it fairly recently, was an excellent watch. Also watched 'Super' which has a lot in common with it and is a superior film overall. Both films that i'd highly recommend watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Looked promising until the little girl side kick showed up. Probably gonna give this one a miss, looks rather shíte. Why cant people make movies without a murderous child or talking dog anymore ? Why does there always have to be some gimmick involved ?

Nice story about a man on the edge losing it and taking a few fcukers out would be grand but nope. Ya need it to be so over the top its like a game. Add in a child doing the killing to market it to young people. And give it a taste of the oh so trendy "I hate mainstream" (seems to be the mainstream view now) and you have yourself a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Looked promising until the little girl side kick showed up. Probably gonna give this one a miss, looks rather shíte. Why cant people make movies without a murderous child or talking dog anymore ? Why does there always have to be some gimmick involved ?

Gonna leave this here just for you! :)

• Advertisement

also drop a little girl I there as some dangerous man's cohort n portray it like they might be partners in general, brings all the pedo niche to teh yard It's a bit like leon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Think I'll watch it tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Saw it a few weeks ago-good, and certainly strikes a topical chord. And the lead is a genuinley decent guy, pushed too far by the many many assholes in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Looks like a high body count in the movie .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Saw it a few weeks ago-good, and certainly strikes a topical chord. And the lead is a genuinley decent guy, pushed too far by the many many assholes in the world.

Who is also Bill Murray's brother!

.. still sceptical. does she toss grenades over her shoulder and not bother to look at the explosion or should I opt for mad mel's summer outing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Worth a look I'd say but I would have preferred a more serious treatment of the subject. Looks too cartoon violent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

LH Pathe wrote: »
    .. still sceptical. does she toss grenades over her shoulder and not bother to look at the explosion or should I opt for mad mel's summer outing

Have seen both, liked GBA better to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Filum forum.

Although, I'm pretty sure there's already a thread about it in there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement