Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

albums with dodgy production?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

mike65 wrote: »
    The 80s "sound" has dated pretty badly, go back to most music of that era esp "hard rock"
    and you can't help but notice the the preponderance of 'top end'.

One album that is just terrible that I own is one of Cheap Tricks least well know - The Doctor. Nearly unlistenable.

Van Halen 1984 is an album that still sounds good, but I suppose this is why some music is "timeless". I am only just flicking through some Level 42 stuff. Not a fan I swear, but they came into my head, and I was reading about how HUGE they were in the 80s, and when you listen to their stuff, it is so 80s in its production. You can still listen to the Eagles or old AC DC today and it sounds as good now as ever.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Rareform by After the Burial. Even the remastered version is dodge city.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Rareform by After the Burial. Even the remastered version is dodge city.

True that. It's a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Any fans of Generation Swine by Motley Crue here? I think it was a mistake to go with Scott Humphrey's for this one. The demos on the re-released version sound more interesting (have guitar anyway) than the finished product that made the album. I guess it is the last time the Crue have experimented (sonically) though.

P.S. Would to have loved to have heard the Corabi version of some of these songs and what was to be the Personality # 9 album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Divine Heresy - Bleed The Fifth

hate the sound of the drums on this with a passion, sounds terrible!

• Advertisement
Advertisement