Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag: He came to rock!

Options
  • 17-05-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

DIMEBAG-he-came-to-rock-book.jpg

Never really saw this in any bookshops this side of the pond, but I picked it up a few years ago when I was stateside. It's a pictorial history of dime, with a bonus DVD of his antics, childhood photos, early Pantera photos, photos of him hanging out at home etc. nice shot of a young dime and Hetfield hanging out circa RTL.

It lives under my coffee table and I dig it out now and then, and did so tonight, even though reading it depresses me.

Anyone else have it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

No but gonna look for it now! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

ahr, yeah dimebag you just know he came to rock.. the yin to phils yang in counterbalancing his moodiness. The life and soul of the party ever think there was a reason he was shot? Because I remember some award ceremony where he was drunkenly going around hangin ourra other metallers being interviewed.. basically anywhere the camera'd gone :/ he was enjoying himself, anyhow but to the detriment of everyone else it seemed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Wow I never knew that existed , I have the Dimevision DVD and its a great watch , If a little saddening.

I also have a Dean ML which i got simply to blast out some of his riffs and solos when the mood takes me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Wow I never knew that existed , I have the Dimevision DVD and its a great watch , If a little saddening.

I thought it was mental, it was just him throwing fireworks. He was some sort of a pyromanic I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

He enjoyed his life...thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I read how a letter was found with him saying in it how he wasn't going to let phil basically phsycologically pwn him. maybe his ott'ness was a result/reaction to phils attempted control so I will cut dimebag some slack as phil is the one I truly dislike.

Advertisement