Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triathlon wetsuit repair

• 17-05-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Wondering if anyone knows where I can get a wetsuit (triathlon) repaired ? Preferably in Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

How bad are we talking??

I bought a tube of Seemen, (No I'm not kidding), and have used that to repair my amateur nicks I took out of wetsuit starting off.

Got mine in Base2Race in Ballymount but pretty sure most wetsuit shops will have it or a similar version.

I guess it'd be good for rips up to around a few inches.
    If it's a full on rip that need stitching then I'm out, sorry :o

But give any shop a call if no joy on here.
    Someone has surely had something similar done though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's a number on TI website for wetsuit repair if you can't do it yourself http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=152

Scroll to bottom of page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 David1959

Thanks, about 2 inches long - think it needs stitching !!

Will check the TI number.

Regards,
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

David1959 wrote: »
    Thanks, about 2 inches long - think it needs stitching !!

Will check the TI number.

Regards,
    Dave

Alternatively the DIY approach ive used before is to buy some dental floss and use that to stitch the rip. Then apply some 'Black Witch' (wetsuit glue thats sold in quite a few places) liberally over the stitching and leave for 24 hours. Then turn the suit inside out and apply more black witch over the stitching on the other side and again wait 24 hours for this to dry out. May not be a professional job but worked well for me and could easily see your suit through another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

David1959 wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone knows where I can get a wetsuit (triathlon) repaired ? Preferably in Dublin area.

If its is ripped at a seam, warranty should cover it (depending on when you bought it of course). If you are out of warranty stitching and Black Witch is the best home remedy. You can also bond a piece of tyre tube, split through the middle to make it 5-6cm wide, over the external stitching to maintain watertightness and strength into the surrounding neoprene.

• Advertisement
Advertisement