Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my deposit back a month after moving?

Options
  • 17-05-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I moved out of the apartment on the 25th of April, and upon inspection was assured we would get the deposit back.
    I am still waiting, and have contacted the landlord numerous times as he is not one to do this (always very on top of things and helpful), although before I moved out he advised that there may be a bit of a delay getting things sorted when moving out as his wife is giving birth the same week.
    While contacting him this week, he said we would have to wait until someone else moved in (and we would effectively be given their deposit) but the apartment doesn't seem to be advertised anywhere or even signs up in the surrounding areas (I'm still passing through the place quite often on my route to and from college).
    As I have never had any problems with him before and know about his circumstances, should I back off a bit, or would ye recommend for me to take the nagging approach and get it back asap? It's €525 (and another 525 for the other tenant)
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Find out where he lives, and send a registered letter asking for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What has his wife's pregnancy got to do with anything? He's taking the mickey IMO. The deposit is your money and should never have been used for any other purpose. The story about getting it off the next tenant is unacceptable. 6 weeks is far too long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Tell him you will complain to the PRTB.

If he did not register your tenancy, then he is in even more trouble.

Advertisement