Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat spay

• 17-05-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Having 2 males cats myself I am clueless .But my sister has 6month old female kitten 3weeks ago she moved to new house and Jasmine(kitten) started urinating/pooing outside of her box. Put this down to stress of moving but 3days after moving in Jasmine started throwing up so sister brought her vet who said tummy bug gave injection/tablet. On Monday she was spayed vet said tummy bug all better said she was ok for spay. After spay she was howling and shivering don't know is this normal as mine are male. Then this evening she started throwing up so is booked in vet for morning. I personally thought she was little small she's a runt of litter for spay but we both assumed vet would know best. Does anyone think it's connected to spay or maybe tummy bug just came back a coicendence maybe??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

A spay can be done from 1kg upwards so her size wouldnt be an issue.
    But the symptoms will need to be checked. It sounds like an infection of somesort. It is possible she has some sort of inflammation or infection that wasnt detected or hadnt healed fully. Keep her warm and hydrated and keep an eye on her. If your sister is really worried I would ring the vet and have him do an emergency visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

What is the vomit like? Is it just regurgitated food straight after eating it or is it constant throwing up bile regardless of whether she ate or not? Not trying to play it down but my cat throws up if she eats too much dry food at once, it's just regurgitated food with a little foam. Throws up the odd furball every now and again too.

Shivering, sleeping a lot, out of sorts etc. for a day or two is normal after a spay, it's more invasive than a male neuter so takes more out of the girls.

I wouldn't think it's connected to the spay. Either a tummy bug/infection or something to do with her food not agreeing with her. Is she up to date with worming? What food has she her on and has she changed the food recently, changed brands etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

She managed gt a vet open says just tummy bug back again injection/tablets again withhold food till morning n see how she is. Guess I over worry as one of mine was in n out of vet last year with vomiting tummy bugs etc never gt bottom of problem til I changed vet too many injection/tablets as he was only kitten then

Advertisement