Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on renting a studio/one bed apt

Options
  • 17-05-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm moving from a shared house to a one bed property over the summer. Just wondering what is the minimum rental price I should opt for. Currently I am paying 300 euro a month for a room in a five bed house. I have looked at daft.ie and notice that one beds go from 400 euros upwards. Am I foolish to consider renting at this price or should I spend more? My limit would be 600 euro a month. What are people's experiences of rental accommodation at between 400 and 600 euro?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Depends on location - where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I'm moving from a shared house to a one bed property over the summer. Just wondering what is the minimum rental price I should opt for. Currently I am paying 300 euro a month for a room in a five bed house. I have looked at daft.ie and notice that one beds go from 400 euros upwards. Am I foolish to consider renting at this price or should I spend more? My limit would be 600 euro a month. What are people's experiences of rental accommodation at between 400 and 600 euro?
    if the place doesn't have a BER rating don't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm moving from a shared house to a one bed property over the summer.
    Are you staying in a student town whilst there are no students about? If so, check if you could rent a place out for €300 a month but don't limit yourself to studio apartments; you may be able to get a small two bed place that was rented to students during the year.

This only really works in places that don't have a high demand.

Advertisement