Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC Insurance

Options
  • 17-05-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

I've just been looking at getting insurance for IEC. Have looked at a few websites and it seems that blueinsurance.ie, multitrip.com and backpackertravelinsurance.ie are all basically the same company/underwriters.

At the end of each website it says Blue Insurances Limited trading as (insert name) is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

All three companies have different policies and different prices and although backpackertravelinsurance.ie seems to be able to cover a person for 24 months, the blueinsurance site only covers for 12 (not sure how this can be?).

I thought I read on a thread a while ago that someone said Blue Insurance were terrible to deal with regarding a claim that they had but if anyone else has had any good experiences with them I would be grateful to hear as I don't just want to go for the cheapest option, would prefer to go with a company with good service if I ever needed to make a claim.

Advertisement