Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts on traffic lights S1 - S11 on N4 running through town

Options
  • 17-05-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

I noticed some posts on the traffic lights on the n4 running through down towards the bundoran road. They start with S1 and increase up to S11 at each traffic light.

Anyone know what these are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Junction numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I think are junction numbers, with the S standing for Sligo. The start on the dual carrigeway as S1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I presumed the S stood for Slí as in exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Markiemarkso

They start at the N59 slip road on the dual carriage way and contnue to the junction with the N16.
    I can't understand why they didn't start at the Toberbride Roundabout, N4 N17 junction with S1 and go from there instead of starting half way up the dual carriageway.
    Also they put the canopy signs for the exits that hang over your traffic lane, but couldn't put them over the road between the two roundabouts in Collooney to people what lane they should be in, instead the put a huge sign with tiny writing to show the roundabout and it's destinations

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Only point I can see from them is if you are giving directions to some one. Only Issue is once you are on the relief road you cant see the number untill you reach the lights.

Agree that the N17 and Colloneey Junction should also be numbered. Anyone notice if the Summerville College round about had a number.

If the road ever becomes upgraded to Motorway statis, of which theres talk, so more money spent on new signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

irish-stew wrote: »
    Only Issue is once you are on the relief road you cant see the number untill you reach the lights.

Surely if you have passed through one junction you will know what number junction is next, provided you can count of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Surely if you have passed through one junction you will know what number junction is next, provided you can count of course.

You would think, but with there size, and some of the junctions being very close together, they could be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I am glad that they have put signs for Temple St and Maugheraboy. Hardly any of the towns districts are sign posted.

Advertisement