Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online results for the LC?

• 17-05-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I heard someone mention the results can be obtained online the same day they're sent to the schools (15th this year I think), but how would you access them? exam number? and would it be later than receiving the paper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

i think u need a pin number and access them at 12pm on the 15th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Yeah from what I've heard you need a PIN. And I know I cant wait 3 extra hours!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You get a PIN from your school and access them using that, once 12 noon has passed.
    The quickest way to get them is from your school. Some schools open early for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Breifne72

don't worry, your schools give the pins out! or so ours announced today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Breifne72 wrote: »
    don't worry, your schools give the pins out!
    And DON'T lose them!

The number of people on here every year going "I've lost my PIN!! Halp!!" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

As far as I know the online results are mainly there to facilitate anyone who can't make it to their school to pick up the results. Most people pick them up at school, you can get them earlier that way, plus it's more exciting. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Togepi wrote: »
    As far as I know the online results are mainly there to facilitate anyone who can't make it to their school to pick up the results. Most people pick them up at school, you can get them earlier that way, plus it's more exciting. :P

I think it's a little too exciting for me. I may have a heart attack that morning. When they gave out the junior cert results they got us to wait until everyone had theirs before we opened them, sitting there with the envelope in my hand was torture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've to wait for the post, so the sooner the SEC send me out my pin the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I think I'll die of suspense the night before, knowing my result sheet exists and no one is telling me what it says :eek:

On the other hand I keep having nightmares about opening it and doing awful in subjects I thought went well, or just failing things altogether. I need to get it done once and for all! :pac:

finality wrote: »
    I think it's a little too exciting for me. I may have a heart attack that morning. When they gave out the junior cert results they got us to wait until everyone had theirs before we opened them, sitting there with the envelope in my hand was torture!

Haha I was one of the first to get mine. I'd been dying to get the results all day, then when I got the envelope I just sat down and watched the others go up to get theirs - completely forgot it was sitting in my lap! :pac: When I eventually copped on and opened it some little fecker in my year looked over my shoulder at my results before I got a chance to read them and went 'oh my god well done!!' :rolleyes: Didn't know what she was on about for a second! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I will definitely not be getting any sleep the night before! I saw an all nighter post from last year's leaving certs, hope it happens this year :)

I will definitely not be getting any sleep the night before! I saw an all nighter post from last year's leaving certs, hope it happens this year :)

There WILL be an all-nighter this year!! :D Last year there was one results night and one the night before the CAO Round 1 offers came out. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For those getting them in person, there is a second sheet included in the envelope, which is the one for getting to see the papers. It is almost card like quality and can easily be mistaken for the results sheet if a person is flapping.

It has a iist of subjects and levels on it - in Irish - which can cause confusion for those who did all honours as each subject will have an A beside it.

Advertisement