Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Party

Options
  • 17-05-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

am organising a stag part and was wondering if anyone had any info on places to stay in kilkenny? or anyone have any recommendations, am new to this but am thinking cheap hotel or self catering apt!! cheers peeps :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dirdeen

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You can stay anywhere but you can only visit one place, The World's End bar. But don't just take my word for it. See what others think of it.

The World's End Bar - For sophisticated nights out with beautiful people
    The World's End (the name of the establishment in itself an Odyssean reference - the patrons are remarkably well grounded in the classics) is nestled in upper John Street Kilkenny in the town's lively cultural quarter, and has a delightful ambience which reflects the clientele to whom it caters; The upper echelons of the Kilkenny societal circuit rub shoulders with learned philosophers, scholars, wordsmiths and famous faces from the city enviorns as they bask in the opulence of the lilly-gilded surroundings and erudition and succinct wit of one other's company..

Yes.

Embrace the zeitgeist of 21st century Marble City with suits from Baumler, Dax and Magee impeccably tailored to everyone's needs; For an unforgettable night on the marble tiles, The World's End suits you best.

Pop in for a spot of luncheon and a chat about the horses over a Pimms, or perhaps visit a little later on for Cognac and a Montecristo gran corona on the sun terrace, with Jazz standards as standard on piano and a certain elegance and je ne sais quoi which appeals to the most discerning socialite, The World's End is the glistening, yet strangely under-rated jewel in Kilkenny's recreational crown.

Trip Advisor - January 2011

Click through this to page 20. It is a revealing and inspiring review of one of Kilkenny's favourite watering holes. Perfect for your every need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

dirdeen wrote: »
    am organising a stag part and was wondering if anyone had any info on places to stay in kilkenny? or anyone have any recommendations, am new to this but am thinking cheap hotel or self catering apt!! cheers peeps :D

Hi5's search below should give you a fair bit of info but I'll just add in one or two. The "Kilkenny Inn Hotel" down at the brewery end of town is nice and handy and usually at a good price for a hotel. fairly recently built and has a good residents bar. The other place is the "Rafter Dempsey Pub". Right smack in the middle of town and again has a residents bar afterwards. Although the rooms wouldn't be to the standard of the hotel. (very small and older). Not sure of the price either.

Ignore the knobends and their hilarious jokes about the "Worlds End", you'll probably have a few more resident jesters on here with the same jokes that they print every time a thread mentions a pub in Kilkenny. Every town has a similar pub and there's nothing wrong with it at 7am on a Sunday morning when you can't get a pint anywhere else on the way home. :D I imagine most of the jesters have never even been in there for a pint.

Enjoy your weekend in the Marble City.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Please do not refer to the users of this forum as knobends.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

cargo wrote: »
    Ignore the ***** and their hilarious jokes about the "Worlds End", you'll probably have a few more resident jesters on here with the same jokes that they print every time a thread mentions a pub in Kilkenny. . :D I imagine most of the jesters have never even been in there for a pint.
    Enjoy your weekend in the Marble City.
    Please do not refer to the users of this forum as knobends.

I can completely understand Cargo mini rant on the jesters that always bring up the worlds end.
    Any thread looking for what to do in Kilkenny is hijacked within three posts by these jesters.
    It is gone the same way as "blast him/her with piss" in after hours- at least that is a classic.
    Is it possible for you to remove these types of posts that highlight the worlds end as a shady establishment? It is getting very boring. They are providing no information for the OP. They generally go on to have a mini conversation between themselves further taking up more room on the thread.

P.s I am aware that by adding this post to the thread I am contradicting myself by not providing any information to the OP.

self catering apt!! cheers peeps :D

Address: 4 Pennyfeather Lane, Kilkenny
    Tel: 056 7764848
    <LI class=tel>Fax: 0567764829
    used to walk past these houses on saturday night. self catering. slap bang in the middle of it all.
    left bank/ryans/rafters/paris texas/morrsions/jacobs cottage (for food) all literally within 60 seconds walk .

always half wished i was on a weekend in kilkenny in this houses always sounds like great craic

hahah some comedians out there alright!! cheers for the feedback i got anyway!! will look into those bowlardo

anyone every head along to this place, and can let me know what it is like?

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Activities-Adventure/countryside-leisure-activity-centre/5596

anyone every head along to this place, and can let me know what it is like?

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Activities-Adventure/countryside-leisure-activity-centre/5596

If there is a good few off yee in it you'll have good craic...The lady that runs it is good fun......a little out there but fun. it is only 5 minutes from town which is handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

They don't do accomodation , but its the place to go .

email them and they will sort you out with accomodation:

http://www.mattthemillers.com/

Bowlardo wrote: »
    If there is a good few off yee in it you'll have good craic...The lady that runs it is good fun......a little out there but fun. it is only 5 minutes from town which is handy

ah sound!! was talkin to one of the lads from it earlier and he explained it to me!! seemed like it would be good fun. there is 16 of us and the fact it is so close is a bonus!! is the clay shooting with the proper shotguns yea?:D

They don't do accomodation , but its the place to go .

email them and they will sort you out with accomodation:

http://www.mattthemillers.com/

cheers for that!! i am provisionally booked in with berkely house self catering apartments!! seems like a good price and a very good location!! ah sure its only a place for people the throw the head down!! do no harm to send an e mail over to matt the millers all the same tho ;)

Advertisement