Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iadt//ncad cao question.

Options
  • 17-05-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a couple quick questions if anyone has the time.

First, is IADT a good place to study Fine Art? I missed the open day and the website doesnt have very much information.

Second....I have a cao problem.

I have ncad number one on my cao, and IADT number two. for ncad i scored 530 and I needed 545, but for iadt i got a high mark which i was pleased with.

I've been placed on a waiting list for ncad, and they told me im tenth, which while Ive been told thats not a bad place to be, there is a chance i wont get off the waiting list.

however If i put iadt as my first choice, im almost certain i'd be offered a place.

so i guess my question is If i leave ncad as my first choice, will that effect my odds of getting into iadt in any way should I not get into ncad?

for example, would my place in iadt be given to someone who had it first on the cao?

I know the courses are similar and it isnt that big a deal, i just dont want to mess this up.

And ncad is FAR handier for me from a travelling point of view.

If anyone can help id appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vantai

Hi, I dont know if IADT is good to study fine art.
    But if you leave NCAD as your 1st choice and then IADT as your second.If you dont get offered a place in NCAD, then you can just take the one in IADT.There is no point in putting IADT first, unless you would much prefere to go there.Go IADT and see if you can make an appointment to have a look around and talk to the fine art teachers, I was talking to one at an open day of 2010 and he was really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Vantai wrote: »
    Go IADT and see if you can make an appointment to have a look around and talk to the fine art teachers, I was talking to one at an open day of 2010 and he was really nice.

We're having our graduate exhibition opening this Thursday, might be a good chance to have a word with someone.

...or at least see what Fine Art students in IADT produce after four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

http://www.iadtprojects.com/ maybe also of assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 donnieburnshaw

thanks guys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zarathompson

I have a couple quick questions if anyone has the time.

First, is IADT a good place to study Fine Art? I missed the open day and the website doesnt have very much information.

Second....I have a cao problem.

I have ncad number one on my cao, and IADT number two. for ncad i scored 530 and I needed 545, but for iadt i got a high mark which i was pleased with.

I've been placed on a waiting list for ncad, and they told me im tenth, which while Ive been told thats not a bad place to be, there is a chance i wont get off the waiting list.

however If i put iadt as my first choice, im almost certain i'd be offered a place.

so i guess my question is If i leave ncad as my first choice, will that effect my odds of getting into iadt in any way should I not get into ncad?

for example, would my place in iadt be given to someone who had it first on the cao?

I know the courses are similar and it isnt that big a deal, i just dont want to mess this up.

And ncad is FAR handier for me from a travelling point of view.

If anyone can help id appreciate it.

@donnieburnshaw how did you find out that you are 10th on the waiting list for NCAD? I applied this year aswel and got 543 :( i missed out by 2 points. so disappointed. but i still don't know where i placed. i'd love to find out how high up i am on the waiting list, so if you could let me know how you found out that'd be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 donnieburnshaw

how did you find out that you are 10th on the waiting list for NCAD? I applied this year aswel and got 543 :( i missed out by 2 points. so disappointed. but i still don't know where i placed. i'd love to find out how high up i am on the waiting list, so if you could let me know how you found out that'd be great :)[/QUOTE]

Hi, well I just rang them up and asked them, they were very helpful. I can't remember which number i rang exactly but the number should be on the website.:) but since your only two points off i'd say you'd be 1st or 2nd:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zarathompson

Hi, well I just rang them up and asked them, they were very helpful. I can't remember which number i rang exactly but the number should be on the website.:) but since your only two points off i'd say you'd be 1st or 2nd:)

Thanks for letting me know. Ya hopefully I'll be 1st or 2nd. Little glimmer of hope that I'll get in. Good luck and hopefully you'll get in too :)

Advertisement