Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Did they say they are announcing BFG location tonight?

I saw on Wrestlezone earlier that it's being announced tonight alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Love those segments they do have in the gym or in the office, such as that AA one just there. Adds a lot to the overall show.

Quality match.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Oct 14th - pheonix arizona - Bound For Glory

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kenny King better hope TNA are interested as ROH is PISSED:
    The appearance of ROH wrestler Kenny King on another television wrestling program tonight has raised speculation on his future as well as how this appearance could occur.

The contract Kenny King signed in June 2011 expired 11 days ago. Before that expiration, an agreement was reached between Kenny and ROH management for an extension of that contract, with a provision to allow him to negotiate with any other promotions so that he could evaluate his options and any potential interest in him elsewhere. When that short extension concluded he would then be free to accept an offer elsewhere, or sign another long term contract with ROH. Under this agreement, Kenny was free to negotiate but not to wrestle for another organization without ROH's permission.

When Kenny was presented with the written extension reflecting this verbal and handshake agreement, he informed ROH he was unsure if other promotions would accept the negotiation clause. He was told he could take the document to be examined by his attorney or other interested parties before executing it to be reassured any other offers would not be viewed as contract tampering. He also informed ROH that he would keep us apprised of any developments.

He contacted ROH on Tuesday July 3 to inform us that he had a meeting in Orlando on Thursday, July 5, which was within the scope of the agreement he had made. Then, early morning on July 5, he contacted an ROH official to say he would be wrestling on the Orlando event that night. He was told he did not have permission to appear live on television as it violated the agreement that had been made. His response was that the deal he had shaken hands on and agreed to in principle "seemed fair at the time", but "others" had told him it was not, so he did not intend to honor it.

Ring of Honor is disappointed that Kenny has chosen to make this decision, after the company had agreed to and followed through on everything he had asked for at the time of our negotiation. However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.

A statement from ROH will be forthcoming regarding the future of the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Co-holder Rhett Titus remains on the active ROH roster.

Meltzer foreshadowed this type of thing in the Observer yesterday:
    The thing to look out for is what happens when wrestlers’ contracts expire. There are no illusions about what ROH is going to be going forward. They aren’t going to be doing regular house shows before decent crowds in all the new TV markets as they had hoped. Whether WWE for a cruiserweight show on the network or TNA trying to freshen up with new talent will be after some guys isn’t known, but signing a deal would lock guys in and cut those options out so I can see several guys not signing right away and looking for options.

• Advertisement

He seemed to get a decent showcase and got the post match interview which Flip didn't (this could be due to time constraints however) plus he also got the Aries backstage deal so I'd imagine they'll most likely sign him.

I suppose it's a bit of a crappy thing to do, but you can't blame the guy for trying to make a decent living.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Kenny King better hope TNA are interested as ROH is PISSED:

With how they presented him and the fact that the other three last night were nowhere near ready for TV, I'd be shocked if he didn't get signed (I'd say it's 50/50 between him and Sonjay to win the title).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Aries and Roode are doing a great job of building their world title match, part of me even believes Aries might win the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

King will be sticking around even if he doesn't win the title, he got put over big time last night.

Would have rathered Johnny Yuma over Flip Kendrick but meh, neither would win anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Part of me was hoping they'd try to get Prince Devitt or someone of that ilk for the tournament but I was happy to see Sonjay Dutt back but I wouldn't take that intestine damaging stomp he does.
    Any word of any other names coming in going forward?

• Advertisement

Was delighted that guy facing King didnt win , thought he was pretty terrible . Enjoyed this weeks bar the whole Hogan/Sting Attacker segment , Would he have not made sure security got a hold of him asap? Forgot Hogan is a terrible actor ha

Forgot Hogan is a terrible actor ha

Did you not see the trailer for No Holds Barred on Raw this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did you not see the trailer for No Holds Barred on Raw this week?

"Whats that smell?" Shakah Brah

Have to say, was very impressed with Impact this week. Loved Joseph Park/Bully Ray segment at the start and the really nice build to Aries/Roode.

Hoping AA wins.

Garseys wrote: »
    "Whats that smell?" Shakah Brah

Have to say, was very impressed with Impact this week. Loved Joseph Park/Bully Ray segment at the start and the really nice build to Aries/Roode.

Hoping AA wins.

Wonder could we see a Sabin heel turn at DX? Costing AA the match and leading into a feud with each other? Personally id love to see them in a proper feud

Wonder could we see a Sabin heel turn at DX? Costing AA the match and leading into a feud with each other? Personally id love to see them in a proper feud

Sabin is legit injured and will be out for a long time.

He's out for at least six to eight months. cant see them doing much with him outside of the occasional appearance.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He's out for at least six to eight months. cant see them doing much with him outside of the occasional appearance.

Yeah its going to be just as long for him to come back again(might stop him for ending up in wwe). Same thing happened Giuseppe Rossi iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

After hearing good reports on here lately about the current TNA product I decided to dip back into Impact this week. I thought it was a fine show, very watchable and a lot less frustrating than trying to watch the current WWE product. I've the Sky+ set for Destination X and I'll be coming back next week for more Impact.

On this weeks Impact I thought the Bully Ray/Joseph Parks segment was very good, Bobby Roode came across very well and the overall show was well-paced and laid-out. Nothing spectacular or mind-blowing just a good, solid interesting product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I only just realised I have Challenge here on freeview, I have to admit the last time I watched Impact was when Jim Cornette was the GM (I have some memory of Kevin Nash in a suit behind a desk as well) but it must have been about 5 years ago.

Have to admit it's come a long way production-wise. Sure it's very Dubya-C-Dubya rasslin' mixed with Attitude-era WWF, but it's very watchable in my opinion. Now maybe I'm not getting the whole picture as this is a go-home show for a PPV but I'm enjoying so far.

One minus point, I'm unfamiliar with the roster but I'm not feeling any star power from the roster thus far, but maybe that's impossible with a crowd of hundreds when you're used to the glitz of big time WWE shows. Ironically that Hogan segment there left me cold and added nothing, one of the biggest stars ever but it just seemed a bit sad seeing him on there tbh.

• Advertisement

Another qwality show this week, really good main event as Machismo said. Great build up for the Dest-X and this weeks MEGA impact with Bully Raymond vs Joseph Park which I cannot wait for and Gail Kim vs Tessknockers.
    Thinking they maybe laid a possible seed for Sabin to be the guy to cash in his strap for a title match next year at Destination X.
    Intrerested to know who aces and 8's are going to be?
    BFG Series has been great so far, already better than last years effort. BUT those UK Tour promo's by Anderson and So Cal Val are really begining to annoy me great. I miss Jeff Jarrett's freeloaders ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Well in poker it's Dead Man's hand... maybe just meant Hogan's a dead man.

That ad break in the middle of this current match with Taz saying when they came back that while off-air it went wild and spilled outside the ring, they need to knock that sh1t on the head, feels very low-rent. People want to see when it goes wild and spills outside, not hear about it.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    That ad break in the middle of this current match with Taz saying when they came back that while off-air it went wild and spilled outside the ring, they need to knock that sh1t on the head, feels very low-rent. People want to see when it goes wild and spills outside, not hear about it.

Watch on YouTube during the show and you can. And by the way they worked the match, they looked like they misjudged when they were at break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dave Meltzer wrote a reminder of sorts about TNA and how long it maybe before we see ratings growth:
    All the stuff about TNA improving and such reminds me of when Paul Heyman was in talks about coming in to run things in 2010. He met with Kevin Kay, Brian Diamond and Scott Fishman about how to get ratings turned around. His answer was that the product has so much of a history of bad will to consumers and a minor league stigma that it’ll be 18 months of consistently good programming and delivery of advertised promises before you can start to move the needle.

Rather famous it took WWE a year in 1997 for people to realise Raw was better than Nitro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Do you think it's achievable?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Well Rome wasn't built in a day or in this case a few months. How much they can achieve all depends though. Will they keep going despite a v.minor dip in ratings? If they start drawing around 2.0 eventually, will they be able to keep their stars who's likelyhood of being offered a deal in wwe would sky rocket? Will they be able to compete with wwe for some free agents?(the last few months has led me to believe thats a big NO)

Loaded IMPACT this week with Kim vs. Tessmacher for the title, Joe vs. RVD and Angle vs. Anderson in BFG Series matches, Joseph Park vs. Bully Ray with Abyss banned from ringside (which will open the show), and Zema Ion and Austin Aries' first appearances as new champions.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Yes. The question is will TNA be willing to wait that long to find out or will they panic and change everything at the first dip in ratings. Based on history, it will be the latter.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Yes. The question is will TNA be willing to wait that long to find out or will they panic and change everything at the first dip in ratings. Based on history, it will be the latter.

Ratings have already dropped (even before they went live) and they've held the course so far.

• Advertisement

Ratings have already dropped (even before they went live) and they've held the course so far.
    They've been on the way up again lately. They prbably expected the drop with the time change which is why they didnt change anything, well, other than bring in the mega ratings draw that is Brooke Hogan.

Advertisement