Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They prbably expected the drop with the time change which is why they didnt change anything, well, other than bring in the mega ratings draw that is Brooke Hogan.

And then give Brooke all of thirty minutes total screen time over the next six weeks (and that's probably being generous). And IMPACT ratings have been down for a while compared to last year (even before they went live).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I hope they stick with it, it's the best it has been in years. I'm just saying based on their history, they are known to change everything if they dont like the ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I hope the Direct TV issue won't affect being able to watch this live tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is it on at 1 or 2 tonight?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is it on at 1 or 2 tonight?

1am. Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Rewind is on now but I can't find a stream (not that I really looked all that hard).

I missed the main event of Des. X but caught the footage of the win over the few days, hope its as hot as it was, crowd wise.

CMpunked wrote: »
    I missed the main event of Des. X but caught the footage of the win over the few days, hope its as hot as it was, crowd wise.

Crowd actually weren't great for parts of the show, but they went nuts when Aries won.

Crowd actually weren't great for parts of the show, but they went nuts when Aries won.

Thats what i mean, that hot.

But i wouldn't blame them for not being too great for the undercard, sure they hardly had any idea who the majority of them were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Got a kick out of Bully Ray tweeting mid-match there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully we keep seeing more of Joseph Park then Abyss :D

The blood being the trigger is a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The blood being the trigger is a nice touch.

Hope its not the end of Joseph, he would be a massive loss.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Hope its not the end of Joseph, he would be a massive loss.

I'd love a Jekyll and Hyde approach.

A guy who's lost the title and his world seems to be over. What a novel concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A guy who's lost the title and his world seems to be over. What a novel concept.

hmmm not smiling or cracking jokes either. Loved the Fluke response in 1 word he made his point better than most 10 minute promos ever do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Said it before but love those clips such as the Angle one before. It's nice to get a gradual build up to a match MMA-style, rather than going 'blindly' into like most matches on Raw.

I just got an uncut version of this as I missed some of it last night and it's really interesting just to see what goes on between the ad breaks.

You can hear Taz and Tenay going over the upcoming segments too.

That Bobby Roode segment was awesome. Easy to see how much the title meant to him and how badly he wants it back. Most just continue as their normal character when they lose the title so it was great to see.

The blood setting off Park was a great idea too. I was wondering how they would come up with a conclusion so that was a nice way to explain it when needs be.

If that Claire segment had happened a year or two ago we would have gotten a "Fire Russo" chant, why no "Fire Someone" chant? Most people don't care anymore and just want it to end, it's a shame they seem like they are going to drag it out anyway.
    I just got an uncut version of this as I missed some of it last night and it's really interesting just to see what goes on between the ad breaks.

You can hear Taz and Tenay going over the upcoming segments too.

I got the same one, didn't know what was happening :o Then I remembered something about them showing that on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Do the company put that version up on You Tube? Interesting. We'll never see that with WWF.

• Advertisement

I think they show the between the break parts live on YouTube, not the whole show. I'm guessing it's mostly for matches like the Anderson vs Angle one.

So if there's a really big match, like you just mentioned, they are streaming the stuff that's happening during the commercials on You Tube, or does it not make it online until later?

I think it's live whenever the commercials are on. I haven't stayed up since I found out about it so I can't confirm it.

They cut to JB backstage during the breaks and only stay on the ring if there's a match. They don't show the stuff on that YouTube video during their own cut ins.

Has there been any indications as to who the Aces and 8's guys are? I'm sure there'll be one or two familiar faces with a few newcomers.

Got a link to this uncut stuff?

Yeah can someone post up a link if they have it handy there? Would be interested in watching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thought this show was just solid. For every Abyss/Bully match there was ten Claire Lynch/Brooke Hogan segments.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Thought this show was just solid. For every Abyss/Bully match there was ten Claire Lynch/Brooke Hogan segments.

Crowd seemed tired for the show but yeah, outside of the Bully Ray/Joseph Park and Aries/Roode segments nothing really stood out. A bunch of decent stuff (and even Brooke Tessmacher has a better elbow drop than CM Punk) but nothing standout.

Advertisement