Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Having WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 or something flashbacks with the Mystery Attacker storyline too. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Crowd seemed tired for the show but yeah, outside of the Bully Ray/Joseph Park and Aries/Roode segments nothing really stood out. A bunch of decent stuff (and even Brooke Tessmacher has a better elbow drop than CM Punk) but nothing standout.

tbf Joseph Park is the peak of the wrestling week for me these days. Dare I say it Tessmacker has been a pretty good knockouts champ (dives into a bunker to await negative response).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

GTR63 wrote: »
    Dare I say it Tessmacker has been a pretty good knockouts champ (dives into a bunker to await negative response).

I don't think many would disagree, she's pretty damn good considering her experience level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

She hasn't been awful which is what I expected. The problem I have is with Gail you knew she was the best, Tessmacher is just sorta there.

GTR63 wrote: »
    tbf Joseph Park is the peak of the wrestling week for me these days. Dare I say it Tessmacker has been a pretty good knockouts champ (dives into a bunker to await negative response).

Yeah Joe Park was so amazing wrestling like a non-wrestler. Not only you have to forget everything you've ever learnt but you have to fight all the muscle memory you've built up over the years. I think a lot of Wrestlers are too "prideful" to be seen wrestling like that.

• Advertisement

It's great to see Abyss being given a chance to show how talented he is rather than it being hidden under a muddled mess of horrible characters.

It's great to see Abyss being given a chance to show how talented he is rather than it being hidden under a muddled mess of horrible characters.

Yeah remember when Abyss was all angle'd and turn'd out as a character? Like go away level heat from most fans. Now he is the character of the year. Amazing turnaround.

rovert wrote: »
    Yeah remember when Abyss was all angle'd and turn'd out as a character? Like go away level heat from most fans. Now he is the character of the year. Amazing turnaround.

He essentially had about five years of horrible angles, the nonsense with James Mitchell, being an insecure crazy person, Hulk Hogan knockoff, X-Division champion etc.. It's a shame they wasted somebody so awesome for so long.

Bully Ray or Abyss? Who has shocked you more with their current characters?

I honestly can't decide, both were so stale and boring before their changes. I'd probably go with Bully Ray because he had been doing the same stuff for years and made the change with no trouble. Abyss meanwhile has had a fair few gimmick changes, it was just a case of finding one that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Bully Ray and Joseph Parks was such a good way to open the show. Aries Roode aswell

Overall another good iMPACT! for me

TNA 2-WWE 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Garseys wrote: »

TNA 2-WWE 0

It's way more than 2-0 at this stage. The last time Raw was better than Impact was the episode where Lesnar broke Triple H's arm, that must have been 10 weeks ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea really enjoyed Bully/Park and Aries/Roode (played a stormer as a guy loosing his mind after dropping the belt) . Have to say Ms Tess has really improved a lot over the last few weeks/months when you compare her to Kelly Kelly who has'nt improved in years.
    Wasnt a fan or Darsaw , dont see anything with him .
    Pretty much didnt watch RVD/Joe just because of RVD (hope he doesnt renew his contract)
    Angle/Anderson was good but how come Anderson couldnt put Angle away with his finisher , but Angle could ha
    Final segment was way to predictable that Hogan would be attacked

Yea really enjoyed Bully/Park and Aries/Roode (played a stormer as a guy loosing his mind after dropping the belt) . Have to say Ms Tess has really improved a lot over the last few weeks/months when you compare her to Kelly Kelly who has'nt improved in years.
    Wasnt a fan or Darsaw , dont see anything with him .
    Pretty much didnt watch RVD/Joe just because of RVD (hope he doesnt renew his contract)
    Angle/Anderson was good but how come Anderson couldnt put Angle away with his finisher , but Angle could ha
    Final segment was way to predictable that Hogan would be attacked

It took two Olympic Slams (anyone else remember when one meant it was over?) to finish him. Anderson wasn't able to hit a second mic check due to his hurt ankle from the Ankle Lock. Had it been one Mic Check attempt followed by the Olympic Slam, I think it would have been a great finish playing on the damage from the Ankle Lock. The fact that both moves had already been hit took away from it.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It took two Olympic Slams (anyone else remember when one meant it was over?) to finish him.

Ha my brother said the exact same thing about the codebreaker last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Charisteas wrote: »
    It's way more than 2-0 at this stage. The last time Raw was better than Impact was the episode where Lesnar broke Triple H's arm, that must have been 10 weeks ago.

I've only started watching Impact again a week ago, so it's 2-0 in my book ;)

Aries first show as champion got a 0.8 rating. That number by itself = bad. However, the DirectTV thing means a lot of people couldn't watch even if they wanted to. Hopefully TNA realise that and don't blame Aries.

Considering they were doing as low as 1.2 million a few weeks ago, doing 1.1 with 20 million less homes available could be considered a success. And Aries won't be blamed for the rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched. Nice to see the respect the others have for Sting and Hogan that no one rushes to help them. And proof of the Hogan segments being prerecorded, that they got out to Sting so quick? Unless it was a different group.

There is one thing I'm hoping and that's with regard this Option C of Aries for Destination X. It seems like every year now, one of the non X Division guys will try to get the belt so they can cash it in for the World Title shot and take that chance away from the X Division guys

Haven't got around to watching impact tonite but when will they do a Unfinished Business episode of Joseph Park vs Bully Ray?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There is one thing I'm hoping and that's with regard this Option C of Aries for Destination X. It seems like every year now, one of the non X Division guys will try to get the belt so they can cash it in for the World Title shot and take that chance away from the X Division guys

X-Division now has a weight limit so that rules out a lot of options. Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, Angle and maybe Hardy would be eligible but I think that's about it. Four of them are former X-Division champions anyway.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched. Nice to see the respect the others have fror Sting and Hogan that no one rushes to help them. And prrof of the Hogan segments being prerecorded, that they got out to Sting so quick? Unless it was a different group.

The iMPACT! Zone is smaller than you'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ha! I really have to proof read what I type with those typos in the part you quoted. Fixed now. :).

True , but why would they attack Hogan in the back , then come from the crowd to attack Sting?

Finally got round to watching this weeks show. Enjoyed most of it but that Claire Lynch is that her name has overstayed her welcome, I hope they just get that storyline over and done with soon even if they the matches have been good. As usual I enjoyed Bully Ray vs Joseph Park more than I should. Knockouts match was good too.

True , but why would they attack Hogan in the back , then come from the crowd to attack Sting?

To jump Sting from behind, there's corridors either side of the iMPACT! Zone connecting front to back.

No one watching Impact tonight?

No one watching Impact tonight?

Everybody on Boards has DirecTV?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TNA needs Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer to help with the terrible Claire storyline :p

Any ideas who Aces and 8s are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    TNA needs Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer to help with the terrible Claire storyline :p

Any ideas who Aces and 8s are?

I would waged a little money on Jarrett being involved. His AAA run must be coming to an end, he dropped their WHC back in March. Aside from the obvious,
    I've not the foggiest.

I'd pay money to see TNA ret-con Ace & Eights to also have been responsible for abducting Samoa Joe. Just for the troll. Actually, have it ret-conned that they're responsible for every bit of Impact discontinuity in the last eight years.

Dixie Carter gives Hogan a GM spot, even though he'd spent the previous year trying to put her out of business. It was ninja, Dixie, it was a ninja all along.

Abyss career was done by ninjas.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I would waged a little money on Jarrett being involved. His AAA run must be coming to an end, he dropped their WHC back in March. Aside from the obvious,
    I've not the foggiest.

I'd pay money to see TNA ret-con Ace & Eights to also have been responsible for abducting Samoa Joe. Just for the troll. Actually, have it ret-conned that they're responsible for every bit of Impact discontinuity in the last eight years.

Dixie Carter gives Hogan a GM spot, even though he'd spent the previous year trying to put her out of business. It was ninja, Dixie, it was a ninja all along.

Abyss career was done by ninjas.

Kinda like a pro wrestling version of the League of Shadows that'd be cool.

Advertisement