Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Headshot wrote: »
    So im watching tonights TNA

what is the story with Joey Ryan?

He was turned down in the gutcheck months ago and got in Taz' face about it and has been running with a storyline that he deserves to be on the main roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

GTR63 wrote: »
    He was turned down in the gutcheck months ago and got in Taz' face about it and has been running with a storyline that he deserves to be on the main roster.

I know that but I want to know has TNA signed him or not? I find it strange that he's able to get thru security and Al Snow of all people come out to confront him....

Headshot wrote: »
    I know that but I want to know has TNA signed him or not? I find it strange that he's able to get thru security and Al Snow of all people come out to confront him....

Ah yeah I reckon he is signed but its Tna so you never know whether he is under contract or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They'd hardly allow something like that to happen. Surely it's kayfabe guys.....?

They'd hardly allow something like that to happen. Surely it's kayfabe guys.....?

Its tna you expect them to have guys under contract when doing these angles but is the likes of Sonjay Dutt for instance under contract, doubt it. Alex Silva is under contract for a few months but where is he now?

• Advertisement

As I said before (which led to me greatly offending the Machismo Man), I only scan through what's going on with TNA on here. So I find that fascinating that they that sorta thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

As I said before (which led to me greatly offending the Machismo Man),

Just that I asked you to explain your opinion on a discussion forum doesn't mean I was offended in the slightest (even if I thought your assessment of TNA was completely off the mark).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of the Gutcheck, where have they all ended up so far? Like the only one who appears onscreen is the one who wasn't successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of the Gutcheck, where have they all ended up so far? Like the only one who appears onscreen is the one who wasn't successful.

Hendrix is the new OVW Women's Champion. Shaw was just signed and Silva is apparently having trouble getting a permanent visa.

Are these gutcheck guys being signed for cheap labour I doubt that many companies out there were interested in signing any one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

did anyone see the ad for the years wrestlemania dvd release during the show on challenge tv?

Was I the only one that instantly thought of Ciano316?? :o

montyrebel wrote: »
    did anyone see the ad for the years wrestlemania dvd release during the show on challenge tv?

Was I the only one that instantly thought of Ciano316?? :o

I was thinking £20 is a bit steep for a dvd that isn't a boxset.

Just that I asked you to explain your opinion on a discussion forum doesn't mean I was offended in the slightest (even if I thought your assessment of TNA was completely off the mark).
    Okay let's not get into this again, but I was a little bit intimidated by your tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

First episode of impact I have watched in years, very enjoyable, but Chavo aint no legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I would certainly class Chavo as being a cruiserweight legend, the guy has been putting on decent matches for 15 years in every company he's been in. He's rode through some bad booking (Kerwin White, feud with Hornswaggle, losing ECW title in 8 seconds at WM) but when they just let him wrestle, he was one of the best light heavyweight guys around.

In his 40's now so maybe he's on board as more of a part-time wrestler/trainer to the Ions/Sorensens/Silvas of the roster.

Set for iMPACT! this week is Angle vs. Storm in a BFG Series match, Roode and Ion vs. Aries and King, and Kim vs. Tara vs. Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne for No. 1 Contendership.
    1b.jpg
    2a.jpg
    3b.jpg
    1a.jpg

What do people make of Madison getting the win last week? Sure as hell looked like Mickie kicked out while Madison didn't. Assuming that's what they are going for, surely Madison is winning the four way?

Also, I'm fairly sure they did this exact storyline before with Madison sucking up to Hebner in matches.

They've done it as a spot in a match a couple of times but never really as a proper angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Chavo is a very good wrestler, but not much of a talker when he wasn't with Eddie.

Having him working with up and coming cruiserweights is the perfect use for him. Wouldn't be surprised if they used him as a road agent to help piece together matches too.

Saw him on a few of the SD shows in Dublin and his matches were almost always the best of the night, especially when he worked with Benoit.

Chavo will make his in ring debut this week aswell.

• Advertisement

First of all where the hell was Joseph Park on the show?
    Enjoyed the BFG Series matches as always and a lot less Claire Lynch helped(she pulled the same angry face at ringside that I make when I see her on my telly). Still hate the Aces & 98's ruining matches we should at least have a clue as to why they are turning up by now surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who is the Brisco fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is the Brisco fella?

Gerry Brisco's son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Garseys wrote: »
    Gerry Brisco's son.

Is he suppose to be part of Ace and Eights a mole inside TNA :p

- IMPACT will feature three big "Bound For Glory Series" matches as a preview to the specialty bouts that will take place at the Pay-Per-View! This Thursday, "Cowboy" James Storm will face Bully Ray, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles takes on Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam will be in action against "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero!
    prev1.jpg
    prev2.jpg
    prev3.jpg

- This past week, The Aces & 8s gang once again unleashed chaos on IMPACT WRESTLING, and the accusations flew as Sting, Kurt Angle and Bobby Roode questioned whether James Storm is behind the gang! Will we get any answers this Thursday on SpikeTV - or just more questions? Is Brooke Hogan next on their hit list? Will Sting find a way to stop them?

- Also, Thursday's broadcast will feature the final confrontation between World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries and Bobby Roode before their main event match at the "Hardcore Justice" event!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he suppose to be part of Ace and Eights a mole inside TNA :p

Thats exactly what i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I just wanna point out that this Aces & Eights "unknown assailant" schtick has been done already - TWO YEARS AGO in TNA. People were laid out in the back with the ace card on them, it lasted maybe a month or so and nothing came of it. Here's a screengrab from the May 27th 2010 iMPACT, Shannon Moore was laid out backstage. These mystery men angles never turn out well! Whether it's a higher power, Russo in TNA, Joe being kidnapped again or DDP's limp WWF debut!

acesmay27th2010tna.jpg

And I've seen people complain that they didnt leave long enough between attacks. Seems long enough to me :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    DDP's limp WWF debut!

Aces and 8's driving a hearse for Taker at Mania only to reappear in about a decade to stalk his wife now that'd be a swerve.
    Watching impact at the minute, love Bully Ray tawking bout da twittah machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kaz & Daniels were absolute gold this episode. Really great stuff. It's a shame we had nails-on-chalkboard Claire Lynch. She has to be somebody's girlfriend/wife to have landed this gig. She's SO awful!

Advertisement