Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

:-O
    FFS Sting could you not learn that instead of clearly reading it off the autocue.....a sting nervous t-shirt you say veeeery interesting.

What a performance by Daniels and Kaz almost made me care about Claire Lynch, might even buy a scarf but doubt I could get away with it like Daniels.
    Kayfab you da man Park, Park & Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

GTR63 wrote: »
    Kayfab you da man Park, Park & Park.

The picture they took in that segment:
    AzVrcRpCMAAbrXE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wonder who his clients are. Can definitely see him doing something with Eric Young and Robbie E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How long do you think the Aces and Eights will go unknown for? BFG? Hardcore Justice?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How long do you think the Aces and Eights will go unknown for? BFG? Hardcore Justice?

Hardcore Justice would be way too soon.

I wouldnt mind one guy getting unmasked during a brawl. The rest of the group get a hold of him the next week and beat him for compromising their identity. He gets beaten so badly he refuses to talk and keeps their secret while the group move on without him, maybe even replacing him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The picture they took in that segment:

Nope. :p

G3TFk.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Fantastic sleuthing by the IWC. I'd like to think the pic they took was blurry etc so they just retook it again later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

He really was wasted under the mask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Whose ideas was it that changed 2 long term wrestlers' characters into something new and actually worth seeing? First was Bully Ray who didn't do much solo in WWE but is actually going well in TNA, and now Joseph Park, who I don't think I would recognise if I hadn't read it was Abyss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Impact Wrestling
    BREAKING NEWS - Sting during a commercial break ok Spike just invited Aces and 8s to "deliver their message" on Impact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good to see the tag titles getting defended again

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Good to see the tag titles getting defended again

Shame about it being against a random team. Could have given them some build up first. Also a shame they seem to have forgotten all about the weekly title defences for the TV title.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Shame about it being against a random team. Could have given them some build up first. Also a shame they seem to have forgotten all about the weekly title defences for the TV title.

Nah Devon sucks don't want to see him once a month never mind once a week. Would love to see Kaz and CD take on the GHC tag champs Joe and Magnus.
    Hope that Aces & 98's threat to Bully ain't a sign that he is going.

Devon and Garbage Bischoff have been teaming for a bit now but there isnt any actual tag teams left in TNA now, Kaz and Daniels are great the only competition for them in the tag division is perhaps Gunner and Kash and Hernandez and Chavo or someone from Ace and Eights

Personally I would love to see Styles and Aries team up for a bit to feud with Kaz and Daniels

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

GTR63 wrote: »
    Nah Devon sucks don't want to see him once a month never mind once a week. Would love to see Kaz and CD take on the GHC tag champs Joe and Magnus.
    Hope that Aces & 98's threat to Bully ain't a sign that he is going.

That would be a pity if TNA did let go of Bully . The one thing i feel TNA need to stop doing is having matches that it nearly always needs 2 finishers to win a match , it just seems to be happening way too much these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I exchanged a few Tweets with D-Von earlier in the week and I did that annoying mark-out behaviour with him, saying, will we see you back on Monday nights shortly? I was commenting on a match of his I was watching and he wrote back a few times, but ignored the question!

Has it been announced if Devon is wrestling this week? If he is, it could be a big indication of how the contract talks are going. Win and they are probably staying, lose and I can see Bully Ray being taken out for good later in the night.

I think the fact that both Devon and Bully won at Hardcore Justice are reasonable indicators that they've resigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the fact that both Devon and Bully won at Hardcore Justice are reasonable indicators that they've resigned.

Resigned or Re-signed? :p

• Advertisement

ImpactWrestling.com has posted the following preview for this week's Impact Wrestling:

- IMPACT will feature the aftermath of "Hardcore Justice" as the road begins to September's "No Surrender" event! STILL World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries will be there - but how will Bobby Roode react to what happened in the PPV main event? Also, NEW Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne is scheduled to appear, plus an update on The Aces & 8s and so much more!
    - It's the final weeks of the annual "Bound For Glory Series", and the competition reaches a fever pitch as 12 Superstars battle for a shot at the World Championship! Thursday's IMPACT broadcast features a huge double main event of BFG Series matches as "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy battles Bully Ray, plus AJ Styles goes for revenge against longtime enemy Christopher Daniels!
    - Plus, former tag team partners Samoa Joe and Magnus will face off in another Bound For Glory Series bout on the huge LIVE broadcast!

Brooke slipping off the stage step was hilarious :D

Madison losing the title already was a joke. So much more entertaining, better wrestler and better looking than Tessmacher. Basically, she beats her in every way possible. When they introduced Taryn I had to Google just to be sure who she actually was. They way over-hyped the debut of a nobody, acting like she was someone important.

Wonder if thats the end of Roode for a little bit. He put the title over big time by being completely lost knowing he cant get another shot. Think he might take a few weeks off before returning at No Surrender to cost Storm the BFGS and set up a grudge match between the two.

So much more entertaining, better wrestler and better looking than Tessmacher. Basically, she beats her in every way possible. When they introduced Taryn I had to Google just to be sure who she actually was. They way over-hyped the debut of a nobody, acting like she was someone important.

Tiffany sounds like a female Chavo big deal my ass. Speaking of ass thats the department Tessmacher beats Madison hands down and I love Madison.

Did Brooke Hogan really send the KO champion running, and stand up to Aces & Eights?!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Did Brooke Hogan really send the KO champion running, and stand up to Aces & Eights?!

She sent Madison running but she backed into a corner pretty quickly once Aces and Eights showed up.

Either nice timing with Madison leaving just before Aces and Eights showed up, or she knew they were coming ;)

Well that's good. I was getting Shane McMahon flashbacks lol. Maybe Hogan will send them running next week!

Who do you think'll face Aries at B4G?

I'm expecting Aces and Eights to be on top then the Hulkster shows up and clears them all off as he hobbles around the ring :pac:

BFG, I was thinking Bully Ray or Samoa Joe. With what happened on Impact, I think Joe might end up against Magnus leaving Aries vs Bully Ray. This is of course assuming Bully Ray stays. If he goes, I could see it being Angle. Right now I have him involved with Aces and Eights. What do you reckon, Jay? A couple of weeks ago everyone would have said Storm but now nobody has a clue which is how it should be at this point.

I'd guess Aries/Hardy, I'd be surprised (and rather disappointed) if they don't do Abyss/Bully at BFG.

I'm certain Storm will be revealed as the leader of Aces & Eights (much like Test being the mole, not the mole, and then the mole during the inVasion angle!) but I can't see Aries/Storm drawing although since the A&E angle is TNA's big one, it'd make sense. This is actually the most likely and hopefully TNA see that it'll suck!

Aries vs Angle would be my hope, he's still on 10 matches. Putting Aries against Hardy would have the fans turn on Aries and that's not what you want! RVD would be a great match as well so I'd be happy with that.

Definitely they gotta end the Joseph Park angle at B4G so maybe a triple threat with Abyss and Bully?

• Advertisement

If I had to book the BFG card tomorrow i'd go with this.
    Angle vs Aries Tna World Title,
    Rhoode vs Storm,
    Abyss/J.Park vs Bully Ray,
    Jarrett vs Sting(loser can never dye their hair again),
    Joe vs Magnus,
    Ion vs Dutt vs King vs Kash X Division title,
    Styles and Hardy vs CD and Kaz Tag Title Ladder match,
    Tessmacher vs Tara KO Title.

Advertisement