Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Why did Sting suddenly start doing a impression of Hank from Me, Myself and Irene then Hogan started growling? like a dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hogan's return was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Styles vs. Joe in a BFG Series match added to IMPACT (which already has Storm vs. RVD and Angle vs. Hardy).
    prev1.jpg
    prev2.jpg
    prev3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With only two weeks left in the annual "Bound For Glory Series" for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, the stakes have never been higher! Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast will feature THREE huge BFG Series bouts as "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy faces Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam battles "Cowboy" James Storm, and longtime rivals collide as AJ Styles takes on Samoa Joe!

What is the condition of World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries after the brutal attack by The Aces & 8s gang this past week? Tune in for an update on the champ! The TNA roster has gone to war against The Aces & 8s...and the IMPACT Zone will be the battlefield this Thursday at 8/7 on SpikeTV!

The last two BFG series matches, Hardy vs. Joe and Bully vs. RVD have been officially announced for next week.

• Advertisement

Anderson pinned Bully Ray last week, but why didn't he try to win by submission? If he won by submission, he would have gone joint 4th with Styles.

Anyway that's a moot point now because Bully Ray pinned Styles last night and so leap-frogged him from 5th into 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This BFG series reminds me; whatever happened the King of The Mountain match? Wasn't it a BFG main event? Or do they need Jeff Jarrett for it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Charisteas wrote: »
    Anderson pinned Bully Ray last week, but why didn't he try to win by submission? If he won by submission, he would have gone joint 4th with Styles.

Anyway that's a moot point now because Bully Ray pinned Styles last night and so leap-frogged him from 5th into 4th.

He doesnt have any submission moves in his arsenal so was likely just going for the win and hoping someone ahead would get DQ'ed.

Thats something else, loads of DQ's last year, none this year. Still a few kinks to iron out but they have shown massive improvement from last year.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This BFG series reminds me; whatever happened the King of The Mountain match? Wasn't it a BFG main event? Or do they need Jeff Jarrett for it? :)

Slammiversary main event and went bye bye as soon as Hogan and Bischoff came in.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Slammiversary main event and went bye bye as soon as Hogan and Bischoff came in.

Too bad. Was a unique event for the non X Division wrestlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Good crowd tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I can't see storm winning it. I think it be far to predictable .

399620_10151087474521026_313396551_n.jpg

Wrestling on this show was really great.

Did anyone get a decent look at the guy with the flapjack? I watched on YouTube so the quality wasn't great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did anyone get a decent look at the guy with the flapjack? I watched on YouTube so the quality wasn't great.

It is apparently
    a local level Indy star called Mason Beck he is wrestles for AAW in Illinois: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsafXMkdJFw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

thechin.jpg

There's only one man with a head shaped like that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

the chest protector is a dead giveaway :pac:

Son: Aces and 8's are going to suck aren't they?
    Dad: Yup

• Advertisement

I was wondering if D-Lo and Al Snow were two of the guys making up the numbers. And what about King Mo, has he even debuted yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/r_acid6/thechin.jpg

There's only one man with a head shaped like that :D

It might not be. They are making a point to cover up his arms so maybe he has some distinguishing tattoos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    Son: Aces and 8's are going to suck aren't they?
    Dad: Yup

Ha ha ha, when has a big reveal not sucked the bad one though? The Survivor Series 90 egg hatching was lame, Higher Power was lame, Who ran down Austin was lame, who's McMahon's son, never found out who lifted the briefcase (KOTR99) or behind Nexus....The only decent one afaik was the nWo....and this is not that :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, when has a big reveal not sucked the bad one though? The Survivor Series 90 egg hatching was lame, Higher Power was lame, Who ran down Austin was lame, who's McMahon's son, never found out who lifted the briefcase (KOTR99) or behind Nexus....The only decent one afaik was the nWo....and this is not that :pac:

I always assumed the briefcase was just some crew guy that McMahon paid off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

jaykhunter wrote: »

don't forget savio as the mystery partner at nwo 98 or fake razor/diesel

I always assumed the briefcase was just some crew guy that McMahon paid off?

If that happened nowadays they'd just say it was Hornswoggle.

- Thursday's IMPACT will feature the final two matches in the annual Bound For Glory Series! "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy will battle Samoa Joe in one featured bout, while Rob Van Dam goes against Bully Ray in other! The stakes have never been higher. Who will be eliminated and lose their chance at the TNA World Title?
    impa1.jpg
    impa2.jpg

- Plus, whoever finishes the Series with the most points on Thursday's broadcast will earn the opportunity to select who they face in Semifinals at the "No Surrender" Pay-Per-View! Don't miss the culmination of the Bound For Glory Series on Thursday night on SpikeTV!

- The broadcast will also feature an update on The Aces & 8s gang and the carnage they continue to unleash on TNA Wrestling! The war is on between The Aces & 8s and the TNA Roster, and the battle continues Thursday in the Impact Zone! Plus, how will World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries react to what happened this past week? Tune in and find out!

- Also, World Tag Team Champions (of the World) Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are being forced to defend the gold on Thursday's IMPACT broadcast! Who will General Manager Hulk Hogan select to face the duo in the big title bout on SpikeTV? Don't miss it!
    impa3.jpg

Essentially (bar any shenanigans with DQ's or draws) if Hardy beats Joe, Storm will top the Series, Hardy makes the top four and the winner of RVD/Bully makes the top four. If Joe beats Hardy, Joe tops the Series and RVD and Bully go through regardless of the result.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see RVD not get in the top 4 but i think we will sadly see him there :mad:

Joe and Storm are in regardless. Cant see them having an all babyface final four so Bully gets in too. Hardy is way more popular than RVD meaning RVD is out for my money.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    It is apparently
    a local level Indy star called Mason Beck he is wrestles for AAW in Illinois: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsafXMkdJFw

Yeah looks like, same as last week, they made the numbers up by using locals and the main guys are wearing the masks that are harder to remove.

Seeing the posters in Hogan's office made me wonder why Crimson wasn't in the BFG series.

And what's with Sting saying "kayfabe" to Joseph?

Advertisement