Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have a theory that both Roode and Bully are behind Aces and 8s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So why is Joey Ryan attacking Al Snow all the time when, as we saw in the video package, Al was the only one who said yes? Is it simply because Al's the only one of the 3 that can wrestle and they have Joey take it out on the director of talent, or whatever his title is?

Joey accused Snow of being fake in voting yes. He claimed at least the others had the decency to say no whereas he lied to avoid hurting feelings.

Really though, it's because Snow is the only one who could wrestle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Ray had won, would he have Hardy's title shot at BFG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Ray had won, would he have Hardy's title shot at BFG?

Yep.

Thank God Hardy won. Hardy/Aries promises to be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I see they have D'LO wearing a hood now :D They planted some seeds for him to be the man behind the mask so hopefully they go with it, I'd love it if he was a part of it anyway.

How they can't see that Wes Brisco is a member of Aces & Eights is hilarious too.

Sonjay Dutt on top form this week, really enjoyed the match and hope they get the belt on him soon and bring in some others to the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Perhaps it's a bit....what's the word, revisionist, of me, or conservative. But being the long-time fan (as are most of the posters on here, I gather) that I am, I believe that were D-Lo to make a return to television I'd be more inclined to tune into Impact each week. I was always a big supporter of his, all the way back in 1997.....which feels like yesterday.

Perhaps it's a bit....what's the word, revisionist, of me, or conservative. But being the long-time fan (as are most of the posters on here, I gather) that I am, I believe that were D-Lo to make a return to television I'd be more inclined to tune into Impact each week. I was always a big supporter of his, all the way back in 1997.....which feels like yesterday.

He is rather fat these days.

I couldnt help but laugh at the dramatic face shots when Pritchard was talking during that segment. Sooooo bad it was funny.

Also laughed at how Tara turning heel got a bigger reaction than anything Brooke did or said beforehand.

I was pulling for Bully Ray to win. I think he makes far more sense than Hardy. We seen earlier in the show how Hardy is way more popular than Aries. Unless Aries is turning heel, thats not the situation you want for your champion. Every match delivered again this week and I actually thought Dutt was on his way to winning the title, something that almost never happens in throwaway title matches on TV these days.

Bound for Glory is shaping up quite nicely, and early too unlike No Surrender:
    Aries vs Hardy
    Storm vs Roode
    Kazarian/Daniels vs Styles/Angle vs Chavo/Hernandez
    Brooke vs Tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

He is rather fat these days.

He was always a little non-slender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

CMpunked wrote: »

Dont you have a room to refart?

• Advertisement

Preview Thursday’s huge LIVE IMPACT broadcast on SpikeTV at 8/7c as the road to “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View continues!
    - It’s the return of the monthly Open Fight Night on Thursday’s broadcast, Where any member of the TNA Wrestler can call out anyone else and they must fight.
    -”The Cowboy” James Storm revealed his plans for Open Fight Night on Thursday’s broadcast. Storm said he would be calling out Bobby Roode this Thursday to continue their heated rivalry. Roode will have no choice but to answer the challenge.
    - Also on Thursday’s broadcast, it’s the return of the TNA Gut Check, as one wrestler gets the opportunity of a lifetime to earn a contract with TNA Wrestling! Can they prove they have what it takes to join the roster?
    - Hulk Hogan has put the Aces and 8s on lockdown. However, last week Aces and 8s sent a message that they may be locked in as well. How will Hogan respond to the threats of Aces and 8s?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Headshot wrote: »
    Dont you have a room to refart?

Gene Belcher phrase ;)

anyway

I think they have let the aces and 8s go to far, the leader should of been revealed by now I feel

Headshot wrote: »
    Gene Belcher phrase ;)

anyway

I think they have let the aces and 8s go to far, the leader should of been revealed by now I feel

If anything they have gotten better now. Having the odd guy get unmasked would have been nice but having the leader unmasked takes away a lot of the intrigue about the group.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If anything they have gotten better now. Having the odd guy get unmasked would have been nice but having the leader unmasked takes away a lot of the intrigue about the group.

When I mean leader, I mean someone like Bully. Not the masked guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If anything, I would expect them to unmask the other members before unmasking the leader

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

422759_10151114175801026_436467472_n.jpg

And then he did nothing! :pac:

Three great matches again this week. They have really improved on the wrestling these past few months. Hopefully that doesnt change any time soon.

One small thing that annoyed me was Tenay and Taz saying Hemme was only an announcer. She used to be a wrestler, I'm sure she could defend herself for a bit if needed. SoCal Val would have been a better choice for that segment since I dont think she has ever wrestled in TNA.

Tara should have taken out Brooke Hogan

Anyone else kinda sick of the no contest ending to matches even though I enjoyed Roode V Storm

Bully Ray was awesome especially with Hebnver

I think Aries might go heel at B4G

One of the things that makes TNA great:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

God I LOVE Bully Ray's character even if that 'forget it' moment was quite awkward to watch. Him celebrating with Hebner after insulting him was a absolute riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTR63 wrote: »
    God I LOVE Bully Ray's character even if that 'forget it' moment was quite awkward to watch.

Yeah, that was a bit awkward alright. Can't imagine what was going through Ray's head when he turned around :D

The woman screaming at James Storm that had to be bleeped was quality too.

I was a little worried about Kurt at the start though, he seemed to be slurring his words a little :(. I hope he's doing ok.

I was a little worried about Kurt at the start though, he seemed to be slurring his words a little :(. I hope he's doing ok.
    Hogan was the same and by the way its Park not Parks Hulk.
    Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, that was a bit awkward alright. Can't imagine what was going through Ray's head when he turned around :D
    I genuinely think it caught him by suprise that the guy was disabled.
    Gutted nobody mentioned that hilarious Tna skit last week with the autority figures gathered in the room with close ups. I laughed my ass off at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

loved the Storm crowd interaction, getting them to put their feet up to throw Roode at.
    the crowd in general seemed alot more into it, was that in the Impact zone or on the road?

c1f40f2fc0051907e417d36ab482a038_L.jpg?t=1348703141
    NEW TV CHAMPION TO BE CROWNED ON CHAMPIONSHIP THURSDAY!

“Championship Thursday” returns to Impact Wrestling on Spike TV this Thursday with an added wrinkle; there is no defending champion. Negotiations between TNA’s current TV Champion Devon and TNA have been ongoing over the last month and have reached an impasse. As of today, The TNA TV Championship last held by Devon is vacated. TNA hopes that Devon returns to the active roster in the future. A new TV champion will be crowned LIVE on Impact!

Usually, in the “Championship Thursday” format, four challengers meet with IMPACT WRESTLING GM Hulk Hogan and plead their case as to why they deserve the shot at the champion. This month, one of the four men is guaranteed to be the new TV Champion! The challengers selected to compete in this “Championship Thursday” are Samoa Joe, Garett Bischoff, Magnus and Mr. Anderson. Hulk will hear these men’s arguments why they should be the one to get the title shot and then Hogan will make the hard decision of which two will face off. Tune into Spike TV at 8pt/7ct this Thursday night to see a new champion crowned.

ALSO ON THURSDAY'S BROADCAST:

-Last week on Impact, the Aces and 8s invited Hulk Hogan to come and meet with them face to face on their own turf, in their clubhouse. Hogan agreed to their demands before they brutally attacked Joseph Park. What will happen this Thursday on Impact? Will Hogan still enter enemy territory with Aces and 8s? Plus, we hope to find out the latest on Joseph Park's physical condition.

-Will "TNA Gut Check" prospect Evan Markopolous earn a contract and a spot on the TNA roster? The newcomer faces the judging trio of Bruce Prichard, Al Snow, and Taz on this broadcast.

-TNA World Champion Austin Aries and Jeff Hardy will both appear on Thursday's telecast. Less than 3 weeks ago from their TNA World Title Match at Bound For Glory, what will happen next in this developing rivalry between the champ and the BFG Series winner?

- All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV LIVE at 8/7c, including the latest news of the "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View event!

Has to be a Joe vs Magnus main event. They are actually feuding and both men would make a great champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As long as it's not Bischoff. What would his case be? He knew the Devon and was taken under his wing? Deserves the shot to prove himself as a young up and comer? Or the classic Wrestling is in his blood?

Don't know about the gut check guy. He basically just showed he could sell the moves. Don't think he got many in himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Can I bump my rant about Aces and Eight's again? :P What a brutal show.

Bischoff's phrasing, intonation and pauses are pretty distinct aren't they?

Could mean zero as Ole Anderson voiced Black Scorpian and Vince McMahon voiced Sara Undertaker's stalker only for those to end up being someone else.

Haven't watched this weeks show but i'm so jaded of the Aces and 8's angle its gone on too long and has turned into a bit of a camp angle. With the close-ups, rubber hammers and a overall cheap Sons of Anarchy wannabe vibe to it. It took waaaaay too much tv over the last few months. I just hope that Jeff Jarrett comes back with it.

• Advertisement

Only a little bit into the show myself, but I agree on the Aces and Eights, the trigger should have been pulled a few weeks ago on it. It's a little cheesy with the hammers etc but I think Hogan has done a decent job with the material so far. If it results in a Jarrett/Steiner return then I'm all for it.

I found it refreshing the way they addressed the real life contract issues with Devon this week. The previously on segment at the beginning of each show is great too.

Advertisement