Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was delighted to see Head make an appearance. I hadn't seen Al Snow wrestling for years. Anyway, I think I might be sick, I'm being too complimentary. Goodnight to you all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A Nothingburger of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

iMPACT! is getting more like Smackdown by the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Why the hell is Anderson in consideration for next week? What has he done in..... months? His contract must be up soon too with the recent focus he's been getting.

Saying that, I hope its him or Angle that gets the title match next week since there is no way Hardy is losing already. Dont want them to waste Bully and especially not Storm. Storm should win his next title match, regardless of the opponent.

Hopefully Tara retains too so Tessmacher can feck off and learn to wrestle. ODB, Mickie and Velvet (who looks to be on the way back) will be plenty to keep Tara going. Even Sarita could be brought back as a babyface if needed.

Aces and Eights are starting to sound like nWo. Right now Devon wanting to destroy the company doesnt make sense. Jarrett would have been perfect: "I created it, now I'm going to kill it." Hopefully they have someone better revealed soon enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Why the hell is Anderson in consideration for next week? What has he done in..... months? His contract must be up soon too with the recent focus he's been getting.

Saying that, I hope its him or Angle that gets the title match next week since there is no way Hardy is losing already. Dont want them to waste Bully and especially not Storm. Storm should win his next title match, regardless of the opponent.

Hopefully Tara retains too so Tessmacher can feck off and learn to wrestle. ODB, Mickie and Velvet (who looks to be on the way back) will be plenty to keep Tara going. Even Sarita could be brought back as a babyface if needed.

Aces and Eights are starting to sound like nWo. Right now Devon wanting to destroy the company doesnt make sense. Jarrett would have been perfect: "I created it, now I'm going to kill it." Hopefully they have someone better revealed soon enough.
    Mickie James, who recently underwent surgery on an undisclosed injury, posted an update Friday via Twitter: “Check up w/ Doc Yesterday. Hearing I can drive again *as long as I’m not medicated* & start back in the gym *no heavy lifting/abs.”

Here is what happened before TNA iMPACT! Wrestling in Orlando last night:
    * Mr. Anderson faced Robbie E. in a match taped for Xplosion.

* TNA taped the finals of the UK Boot Camp reality show.

* Gail Kim and Madison Rayne defeated the Blossom Twins (from the UK Boot Camp show).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

iMPACT! is getting more like Smackdown by the week.

Thats a bad sign that. They don`t have the hilarious JBL on commentary either who is the only highlight on Skipdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

JBL has actually been making me watch all of SmackDown since he's been on there. A legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SD aint all bad can be much better than Raw some times imo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    SD aint all bad can be much better than Raw some times imo

No it's usually quite enjoyable but nearly always completely skipable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hard for me to watch TNA now after they put the belt back on Hardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hard for me to watch TNA now after they put the belt back on Hardy

I love if TNA gave Daniels or Ray a reign

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just watching impact now. Aj - Angle - Daniels was my dream match 7/8 years ago. That was horrendous though :(

Just announced on the UK airing of Impact on Challenge.

Both Manchester on Friday 25th January & London on Saturday 26th January will be 'double tv tapings' each. So a month of Television in front of a massive crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Melion wrote: »
    Just watching impact now. Aj - Angle - Daniels was my dream match 7/8 years ago. That was horrendous though :(

It was very much a going through the motions match alright. I'd be happy if we didn't see AJ and Daniels wrestle each other for at least another year or so. It just seems that they're constantly in a program together and it's getting a little stale.

Just remembered something, James Storm' bucket list was hilarious:

10. Kick Bobby Roode's ass
    9 thu 2: Drink beer :D

Didn`t enjoy this weeks show at all. Devon vs Sting in the main event was pure rubbish. Enjoyed Aries clever quips but hating the CM Punk-esque direction of his character. Why does Hogan stay adding an S to peoples surnames first Parks now Storms.
    I quite like Aces and 8`s music I must confess it sound a LOT like Ain't No Easy Way Out by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

This pic sums up my thoughts about the show.
    129124882476005426.jpg

GTR63 wrote: »
    Didn`t enjoy this weeks show at all. Devon vs Sting in the main event was pure rubbish.

Devon obviously didn't work on his punches or cardio in his TNA off. :rolleyes:

a6eab51a7068cefac7709d0e968987f7_L.jpg?t=1351023795
    - "Championship Thursday" is back, and the World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as new titleholder "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy defends the gold against an opponent to be select by "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan! The contenders that Hogan will pick from are: Mr. Anderson, James Storm, Bully Ray, and Kurt Angle
    600imp1.jpg

- What do The Aces & 8s and Devon have planned next after their assault last week? Can Hulk Hogan, Sting, Bully Ray and the TNA roster find a way to turn the tide against the biker gang? The war continues on Thursday's broadcast on SpikeTV!

- In a "Bound For Glory" rematch, new Knockouts Champion Tara (with her Hollywood boyfriend Jessie Godderz) will defend the gold against Miss Tessmacher on Thursday's broadcast
    600imp3.jpg

- Also as part of "Championship Thursday", new X Division Champion Rob Van Dam will put his title on the line against former champ Zema Ion!
    600imp2.jpg

If they are going to do that many title matches every Championship Thursday they need to time it better. The second show after a PPV is too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If they are going to do that many title matches every Championship Thursday they need to time it better. The second show after a PPV is too soon.

2 weeks from a ppv is 2 weeks to a ppv,is there really a good time?

• Advertisement

I like the announce team change, and Hardy/Angle was typically great.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Highlights were being able to read Jeff Hardy's mind, someone off camera saying 'cut' during the aries anderson backstage brawl, Taz and his replacement announcer not knowing whether to shake hands or fist bump and Devon saying 'Oh I have balls.'

Wow, the Angle/Hardy match was an absolute belter, some fairly crazy bumps for a TV match and Angle look to have gotten destroyed by that swanton.

Bully Ray's promo was gold too.

Been wondering who the long haired guy in Aces and Eights was. Briscoe. He was missing for the attack on Angle and I just noticed his hair is the same colour. The two big guys I'd assume are Gallows and Knox. Other two could still be anyone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Daniels and Kaz were also great pity about them having a feud with Chavo Mex .

Dos Stereotypicos what a name, Cd and Kaz great as always. Really liked Aries loitering outside the door, more Mr.Nanny jokes pleez. Pity Chevy Chase turned up and the cameraman yelled cut. Main event was real good too. Liking the odd couple pairing of Ryan and Morgan would MARK out like hell if Al Snow got Steve Blackman to come back and help him take them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And so another member of the Aces and Eights is unmasked
    Luke Gallows
    I noticed Tazz and Mike didn't name him. So maybe not going by his own name.

I thought there was some kind of deal with Spike that guys could hit the knockouts on tv, but yet ODB fought Tara's man. I know it's ODB but she's still a knockout

Was expecting it to be Briscoe that got unmasked since he was shown earlier with Angle. Along with Mike Tenay making it out to be some huge shock to end the show, so I was surprised it wasnt him in the end.

Hope Christian York gets a contract. He's been the best thus far.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought there was some kind of deal with Spike that guys could hit the knockouts on tv, but yet ODB fought Tara's man. I know it's ODB but she's still a knockout

He didnt hit her did he? Pushed alright, but I dont think he actually hit her so they are likely allowed that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure it was a bit more than just pushing.

If York doesn't get a contract, I'd be surprised. Though they usually try and draw out the suspense so I wonder who would say "No" to him since I don't think he should get any "no"s

• Advertisement

Anyone know why they've started mixing up the commentary teams? I can't imagine Tenay and Tazz are too pleased about it, unless of course they get the same money for less work :pac:.

Advertisement