Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Watching Impact now and jaysus Garett is just awful. Just as well Wes won the match as otherwise he wouldn't have a hope of getting a contract with such a crap opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Watching Impact now and jaysus Garett is just awful. Just as well Wes won the match as otherwise he wouldn't have a hope of getting a contract with such a crap opponent.

I think Jesse is the absolute sh*ts aswell. A pea green poser as my brother put it. WTF is he at using the Stunner aswell?
    How did Wes look btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

More importantly, where was Christy?

GTR63 wrote: »
    I think Jesse is the absolute sh*ts aswell. A pea green poser as my brother put it. WTF is he at using the Stunner aswell?
    How did Wes look btw?

Decent but not much more. A better opponent would have made him look better. Bischoff is not the kind of guy you put against someone who is looking to impress.

Jesse hasn't been on yet but I don't think he is too bad. A few more months and he should be ok. I'd have given him a at partner though to help him along.

Later on, Christian York put in one hell of a showing against Hardy. He'll probably never be world champion but he could be a very useful upper card wrestler if TNA get behind him. Sam Shaw needs a lot more work but is showing potential. Silva likewise but he badly needs a different ring attire. He is way too tall to wear low boots and no knee pads. Your look is important on TV.

Also, love how Aries used the actual TNA belt instead of Hardy's and now Roode is doing the same. Both ignore Hardy's and only use the real one :D

EDIT: What the hell is Brooke like? "hey Tay Tay!" You are WAY too old to be talking like that. Also, she is the only female winner because she was the only female contestant!

I said it a few weeks ago but I'm going to say it again. Where the fcuk are Angle and Bully Ray when these Aces and Eights attacks are happening? Add in Brisco and Bischoff who are always quick to say they have Angle's back and yet none of them bother to show up? Hogan too. RVD, Chavo and Hernandez used to be a part of the run in crew also. All of them too busy?

Ending sucked this week. Bully has really lost his edge since Bound for Glory. The character doesn't work as a babyface so I reckon he needs to go heel again. Putting Brooke trough a table would be acceptable :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

- The countdown continues to December's "Final Resolution" event, featuring Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode for the World Heavyweight Championship! Both Hardy and Roode will be on the huge broadcast - what will happen when champion and challenger go face-to-face?

-Thursday's IMPACT also showcases the return of CHAMPIONSHIP THURSDAY! X Division Champion Rob Van Dam will defend his title on the broadcast - who will IMPACT General Manager Hulk Hogan select to face RVD? Tune in and find out!

-Last week, Austin Aries dropped a bombshell on Hull Hogan with his accusation about his daughter, Brooke Hogan. How will Hulk, Brooke and Bully Ray react this Thursday night on SpikeTV? Is Aries ready for the potential war he just started with Hulk and Bully Ray?

- Did second-generation star Wes Brisco pass his TNA GUT CHECK? After his tryout match, Brisco will face the judges on Thursday's IMPACT! Will Brisco realize his dream of earning a spot on the roster - or is it back to the proving grounds for the young star?

-Plus, it's a huge tag team war on IMPACT as "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles teams up with "Cowboy" James Storm to take on Christopher Daniels and Kazarian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Please let Ray take out both Brooke and Hulk and not on a date but with his steel chain

I hope Brooke dont turn out to be the "real leader" behind Aces and Eights, Ray on his own I could take as leader

Mickie James vs. Gail Kim announced for iMPACT!.

Really enjoyed Aries promo to call out brooke. Bits like that and CD & Kaz calling out Hector & Urbina makes the fight night concept worth it. Not a must see show last week but I enjoyed Hardy vs York, Kaz vs Styles and Wes Briscoe looks a lot like Mexes. Aces and 8's still bore the hell out of me though.

So Aces and Eights big goal is the TV title? :confused:

Wonder what is up with Al Snow. Did he really not show, or is a part of Aces and Eights. D'lo was playing one of them so could end up involved for real. Take out Al so D'lo can go in to ensure Brisco gets the contract. Obviously taking a chance and hoping he didnt get two no's before it got to D'lo.

Aries on Hogan's desk was hilarious :D

• Advertisement

Aries on Hogan's desk was hilarious :D

Going by the PWInsider report the man was on fire last nite.

It really doesn't need to be said but AJ Styles is such an awesome wrestler.

- Thursday's IMPACT will be the final countdown to the "Final Resolution" event! With just days before the PPV, what chaos will erupt on Thursday night?

- The broadcast will feature a huge six-man tag team main event with World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy teaming with AJ Styles and James Storm to battle Bobby Roode, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian!

- After the recent accusations by Austin Aries about Brooke Hogan, tensions continue to build between IMPACT General Manager Hulk Hogan and Bully Ray! Will the situation reach a boiling point on Thursday on SpikeTV, just days before Final Resolution? Both Bully and Hogan will be live in the Impact Zone.

- Samoa Joe will defend the Television Championship on IMPACT against Devon from The Aces & Eights. Can Devon regain the title he once held?

- Plus, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle will be in action against D.O.C from The Aces & Eights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The following has been announced for tonight’s edition of TNA iMPACT!
    Wrestling, which is the go home show for Final Resolution

* TV Title Match: Samoa Joe © vs. Devon
    * Kurt Angle vs. DOC
    * Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and James Storm vs. Bobby
    Roode and Bad Influence (Daniels and Kazarian)

I think tonight Wes Brisco will be revealed as another member of Aces and Eights costing Angle his match

Velvet Sky is set to return
    tonight.

Velvet Sky is set to return
    tonight.
    Was there ever any reason given for her not being on TV? I dont remember one being said. She just disappeared.

Was there ever any reason given for her not being on TV? I dont remember one being said. She just disappeared.
    They couldn't come to terms on a contract so she just randomly disappeared and Tessmacher was thrown into her spot.

They couldn't come to terms on a contract so she just randomly disappeared and Tessmacher was thrown into her spot.
    I meant did they ever give a reason on screen, or did they just hope the most popular Knockout in the company would be forgotten about? She was more popular than the majority of the male roster too!

The version I watched kept cutting that commercial early so first time to see a date. No clue who it's for though, unless it's a Jericho type commercial and has nothing at all to do with the character.

In regards the show, Kazarian and Daniels should wrestle in that attire every week :D The tag division misses them something terrible. Hopefully they will be back after Final Resolution. Chavo and Hernandez are awful for champions, fine for challengers though. TNA really need a couple of new babyface teams, I think all the teams bar Chavo and Hernandez are heel.

Velvet didnt need to come back just yet. It only made the result obvious. She was talking to Tara or the camera pretty much the entire time. Mickie may as well have left the ring. No chance of a title change now.

Roode buying the services of Aces and Eights was a great idea. It's well known he has money but he never uses it. He should be doing stuff like that more often. Storm making the save was odd considering he hasnt been involved with the Aces and Eights. Angle and co must have went home early again :pac:

No clue what the logic was for Hogan refusing the match request. You dont like either guy, let them beat each other up, problem somewhat resolved.

• Advertisement

So genuine mistake by Brooke? I think so. Who calls him Mark?

Samoa Joe, so tough that he takes a hammer blow hard to his spine but is fine not long after to run in and help Angle.

As for the 1/3 thing, you'd think they'd start wrapping up the Aces and Eights thing before starting another.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So genuine mistake by Brooke? I think so. Who calls him Mark?

Idea was she's on first name terms because they're romantically involved (which normally I'd think is stupid but I suppose she'd hardly call him Bully).
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    As for the 1/3 thing, you'd think they'd start wrapping up the Aces and Eights thing before starting another.

Depends what it is, a debut/return wouldn't exactly clash with the big angle.

Austin Aries was an absolute riot on last weeks show, I popped something fierce with his priceless quips at Brooke's expense. Thought it was a real good show too Mickie vs G.Kim, WTTCOTW vs Storm and AJ and Rvd vs Aries were all great tv matches too. Liking the Morgan/Ryan tandem but loose the robe please. Can't wait for this weeks return...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Where are the Motor City Machineguns?

Where are the Motor City Machineguns?

Shelley left and is wrestling in Japan, and Sabin is out long term with another torn ACL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

1.3.13 =
    Heidenreich's debut

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Shelley left and is wrestling in Japan, and Sabin is out long term with another torn ACL.

Is there any plans for them coming back when Sabin is fit again? Or is his career pretty much over?

Is there any plans for them coming back when Sabin is fit again? Or is his career pretty much over?

Think Sabin was about to leave too before he got injured. He'll wrestle again anyway, just a case of where.

• Advertisement

When did they start showing Impact on Sunday night on Challenge, or is it just because of Final Resolution being on Wednesday?

Advertisement