Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Take out Hogan and that was a very good episode. Hogan drags it down these days. His rambling at the start, his segments with Brooke, he added nothing of value.

As said, it was a very good episode but whoever decides what titles get used needs to be taken out back and shot. The Knockout tags havent been mentioned in months (before last week anyway) and could have just been disbanded. They have 7 Knockouts including ODB who hardly wrestles. Nowhere near enough for two divisions. They should have just retired them without saying anything.

Yeah, how can you work a division on 5 wrestlers? (not counting ODB)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yeah, how can you work a division on 5 wrestlers? (not counting ODB)

Who else are you leaving out?

Mickie, Gail, Velvet, Tara, Taryn, Tessmacher.

Taeler Hendrix and Madison Rayne too but I dont think they can be counted, especially not Madison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wasn't counting Tessmacher because it'll be a while before she's finished filming that movie.
    it's still pathethic compared to what they did have (Rosita, Sarita, Angelina Love, Winter, Jackie, etc)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If you dont want to know who wins the X title match tonight, dont go to the website for the preview. They tell you who wins.

Retards.

Ha i was wondering to myself aswell "did i see Impact last week because i dont remember
    suicide being X Division champ
    . Very stupid of TNA .
    What are the chances it being Alex Shelly? under the mask

Didnt know she was filming. Thought the reason she wasnt out for the State of the Division segment was because she wasnt getting a match so would have been left standing there doing nothing. Tara is obviously supposed to be injured, explaining her absence.

• Advertisement

Ha i was wondering to myself aswell "did i see Impact last week because i dont remember
    suicide being X Division champ
    . Very stupid of TNA .
    What are the chances it being Alex Shelly? under the mask

They really should have let it go for two or three weeks at least. Doing it all in the one week is even stupider than giving away the result before hand.

As for who's under the mask, it's
    Austin Aries. (Extra length so it's not obvious from the size of the spoiler)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any chance Jarrett will return and join Sting's MEM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any chance Jarrett will return and join Sting's MEM

Jeff Jarrett coming back for any reason would be awesome.
    Did I see the Lesnar fan in the crowd last week in that shirt that must reek of BO.
    Quietely impressed with Jay Bradley, I know its early doors with him.

I'd still have rathered it last more than one week but it was a great reveal anyway.

I'd still have rathered it last more than one week but it was a great reveal anyway.

Did they reveal who was Suicide before his identity was stolen last nite?

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did they reveal who was Suicide before his identity was stolen last nite?

Suicide wrestled and won the title. Hogan came out with TJ Perkins claiming TJP was always Suicide. Suicide did a legger but Hogan told him to unmask or be stripped of the title. Suicide unmasked to end the show.

With the reveal of TJP, I'm guessing thats the end of the Suicide character again.

Just seen next week's spoilers and it seems they have given up on the longer term booking and gone back to making it up as they go. Ratings havent been great lately but I was hoping they wouldnt over-react and change what they were doing. Guess that's too much to ask.
    Sabin re-gains the X-Division title, making last week a waste of time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Good god that big lad in the Gutcheck was truelly terrible in the ring even worse then Rob Terry , Which probably means he is getting the contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

^^ I felt for for the "rocker" guy he was paired with. His promo sucked ('I play 27 instruments', so what?), his whole gimmick was stupid and he was clearly there just be squashed. Even the commentators were barely mentioning him during the match.

Good god that big lad in the Gutcheck was truelly terrible in the ring even worse then Rob Terry , Which probably means he is getting the contract

It's obvious he is getting picked at least. Howe got hardly any time on offence but did a decent enough job I thought. Ohriner's gimmick is exactly the same as Rob Terry it seems. A better talker maybe.
    Hematocyte wrote: »
    ^^ I felt for for the "rocker" guy he was paired with. His promo sucked ('I play 27 instruments', so what?), his whole gimmick was stupid and he was clearly there just be squashed. Even the commentators were barely mentioning him during the match.

I thought it was good. Unlike the majority of the guys who appear on it who are playing the sympathy card. Joey Ryan is one of the few I can think of with an actual gimmick for his Gut Check match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

he's zack ryders' buddy the big o from the you tube series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Caught iMPACT this week. My thoughts :
    PROS:
    • TNA's promo packages explaining the B4G series & storylines are clear and informative
    • Bully Ray is a convincing Bully. Intimidating wrestlers backstage was actually quite believable. A+8s look much better in backstage vignettes rather than jobbing clean in the ring.
    • Happily surprised to see Magnus get the upset win over Roode. I'm surprised he's over as much as he is.
    • Even though it won't help anyone get over, the new MEM angle is interesting enough.
    • Aries in the main event is great, and as a one night storyline, 'who is suicide?' was pretty cool. Aries having his mask misaligned (because he's not used to wearing a mask) was a nice little touch.

CONS:
    • Taz, by God, I hate him amusing himself on commentary. Wow.
    • Gut check stars Ryan Howe and The Big O are poor wrestlers. Every 2 months is more than enough.
    • Hogan bringing out the 'real' suicide TJ was disappointing - killing the real Suicide reveal. It means there's absolutely no reason for him to wear the mask/suit from this point forward. (It was a means to hide his identity/strike fear into his opponents)
    • It's not news, but Velvet is a poor wrestler & actress. Mickie James couldn't do much with her. Some of the stalling exchanges were cringe-worthy!
    • People (especially James Storm) need to stop yelling into the mic. And the "bro-mance" joke was horrendous.
    • No AJ, Hardy or Bad Influence. The latter need to be on every show.

Even though there's a ton of negatives, the overall show is pretty decent! It's just a cold product right now.

When the BFG series is on its a bit like Smackdown in that its a good show but is entirely skipable.

Tenay mocking Taz' stutter was gas dut-dut-dut-dut-dut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

IMG_7425.jpg

• Advertisement

Bad Influence are FABULOUS.
    Was Kim vs Tarrell II on last nites show?
    Thats right near the top of my most anticipated matches.

Was Kim vs Tarrell II on last nites show?

That's next week, this week is Sabin vs. Aries vs. TJP.

The Sabin/Aries portion of the main event this week is just tremendous. A better show than usual overall.

Once Manik went, that match was awesome. Hopefully they will give the X-Division more focus in future after that showing. It's a great tool for them to have instead of forgetting about it for months on end.

Gail vs Taryn in the ladder match is tonight. No reason it shouldnt be the main event, but they are also doing a Joker's Wild thing in the BFGS so I'm guessing that will be the main event instead.

The next Main Event Mafia member should also be revealed. It's
    Rampage Jackson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Last night they had a 6-man Gauntlet match. All 6 competitors were announced beforehand. 5 have already entered the ring. Then Tenay says "We are just five seconds away from finding out who's next ...... "

Incidentally in the same match Taz described AJ Styles excellent tactical reading of a particular situation as "predetermined". He was trying to compliment Styles but probably could have used a better word, Tenay all but took him to task on it. :D

I have to say I am genuinely entertained by how amateurish TNA Impact is. It's like watching a real life version of that 'WTF' episode of South Park :D

Have to say Taz was right about Tenay taking too long. He was rambling on and on and on and on while saying very little. Someone of his expierence should know better.

Was the Kim vs Tarrell ladder match good?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Was the Kim vs Tarrell ladder match good?

Very good match.

Whoever put together the match deserves special praise as does the Knockouts for executing it they rolled back the clock ladder psychology wise and made it relevant to modern times, the feud and to female performers. Owed more to Wrestlemania X than Wrestlemania X7.

Advertisement