Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

A couple of random iMPACT! observations: Bully's job just got a billion percent better. Devon's spear on AJ was pretty amazing, and thumbs up to the end of boo boo face AJ:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Brooke Tessmacher: owner of the tightest shorts in TNA. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Considering how little training he had, Rampage looked pretty good in the couple of spots he had. Keep his in ring time limited while he trains and it could turn out to be a good signing for them. Also credit where it is due, I don't think he has missed a show since signing. Compare that to King Mo, and yeah....

Noticed SoCal Val was missing myself, thought she had been told to stay at home for these tapings. She does a fair bit of online material so didn't expect her to have been cut.

The tag to open showed how needless an authority figure is for the most part. If four guys want to fight, get a referee and let them. No need for someone to come out and make an announcement of a match every single time.
    I know they want to create their own ecosystem and breed a certain culture in their wrestlers coming up, but limiting your talent pool like that seems silly to me. They'll be fine but surely a roster with a variety of different backgrounds and wrestling experiences would make for a better roster (or have the Sin Cara's of this world scared them off).

Plus describing TNA as a high spots promotion (these days anyway) is a fairly off the mark (outside of the X-Division). Most of their TV matches follow a very basic formula almost to a fault. And RVD had bad matches with Chris Daniels, which is pretty much impossible (I couldn't help but take a shot at RVD).

The best wrestlers in WWE are Bryan and Punk. Two of the most traveled guys they have. Insisting on the exact opposite of that is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone get a sexual tension in that TJ Perkins/Dixie Carter vid.
    No? Just me

iMPACT! next week has the long awaited return of Hulk Hogan, plus Styles vs. Roode, Daniels vs. Aries, Hernandez vs. Kazarian and Hardy vs. Magnus.

• Advertisement

iMPACT! next week has the long awaited return of Hulk Hogan, plus Styles vs. Roode, Daniels vs. Aries, Hernandez vs. Kazarian and Hardy vs. Magnus.

Hogan back urgh. The first two matches there look great on paper just hope that they aren't ruined by interference.

Three potentially great matches there. Replace Hernandez with Joe and it's four potentially great matches.

Hopefully Hogan is only back to start his farewell storyline.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Three potentially great matches there. Replace Hernandez with Joe and it's four potentially great matches.

Hopefully Hogan is only back to start his farewell storyline.
    Yeah not a fan at all of Hernandez the singles star, turn them (him and Chavo) heel and up against the nondescript Storm & Gunner who have nothing better now that they beat Bro-Mans 50x. The latter have lost a fair bit of momentum without the smoldering Tara.
    Have to laugh at your Hogan swipe, if only.

I dont get why they dont just bring Homicide back in place of Chavo. He's bound to be cheaper and works incredibly well with Hernandez. Seems like a perfect fit. Alternatively, have Homicide come back and drop Chavo on his head. Hernandez comes in for the save but sides with Homicide. May as well make use of Chavo while he is there.

As for Tara, pairing her with two guys so young REALLY showed her age. Could use the Blossom Twins or someone instead since they wouldnt look so obviously out of place due to age.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to say i kinda popped when AJ went back face ha . God Tito is a terrible acter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh TNA never change:
    New twist for Bound for Glory series

The entire thing is a mess because time is running out and of the 11 matches that would be necessary for each guy in a 12 man round-robin tournament, the guys have ranged from four to six matches completed with time running out.

So they are essentially dropping everything, doing the four matches this coming Thursday, and ending it from there with the top four point getters going to the 9/12 final four show.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/32854-new-twist-for-bound-for-glory-series

So the BFG wraps up on this weeks taping. I expected a boatload of tags, multi person matches, injury angles and a lot of head scratching.

GTR63 wrote: »
    So the BFG wraps up on this weeks taping. I expected a boatload of tags, multi person matches, injury angles and a lot of head scratching.

Russo needs to book next year's:
    its-vince-russo-o.gif

rovert wrote: »

Could they not just pretend they did them at house shows/Xplosion?

Apparently they never intended this years to be a round robin, and apparently everybody will at least wrestle the same number of matches. It's been a mess from the start this year.

From The Vault: ImpactWrestling.com takes a look back at some of the most acclaimed matches featuring Devon and Team 3D

Team 3D vs. Rick Steiner and Road Warrior Animal - Fair enough

Team 3D vs. Beer Money - Definitely

Devon vs. Robbie E - Wait.... what?

Magnus is off iMPACT! tonight, they didn't say why but I'd guess travel issues, so it's Kaz vs. Hardy instead with the Kaz/Hernandez match moved to Xplosion. Apparently everybody wrestles/d seven singles matches this year, they never announced that at the start (though they never said they'd all wrestle each other either).

This is awfully complicated now but I'll give it my best shot.

By my count:

(Name Matches Points)
    Magnus
    5---39 - No more matches
    Roode
    6---34
    Daniels
    4---33
    Aries
    5---28
    ==============
    Joe
    7---26 - No more matches
    Hardy
    5---24
    Anderson---7---24 - No more matches
    Styles
    6---22
    Kazarian----5---22
    Park
    6---17
    Hernandez--5---07
    Bradley
    5---00

So that's Joe and Anderson out of matches and as such, eliminated unless a lot of DQ's happen. Park, Hernandez and Bradley cant catch up without the DQ's which I dont think would be possible anyway.

Styles is an outsider now with only one match left. He may also need DQ's for Aries or Daniels.

I reckon the top three are in, leaving the final spot between Aries and Hardy. Kazarian could get in, but I dont think he will.

That's assuming I am understanding it correctly.

AJ's pipebomb promo died a death

Derrick Bateman worked a dark match before iMPACT! last night, and the BFG Series semi finals will be
    AJ Styles vs. Austin Aries and Magnus vs. Bobby Roode.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    AJ's pipebomb promo died a death

I bet Russo loves pipebomb promos. I'd only want to hear one ever again if its someone giving a genuine assessment of the Hogan/Bischoff regime.

Poor old Allen Jones:

Someday, somebody will realise how easy it actually is to book AJ Styles and they'll actually do. The sooner Bischoff and Hogan leave at this stage the better.

Someday, somebody will realise how easy it actually is to book AJ Styles and they'll actually do. The sooner Bischoff and Hogan leave at this stage the better.

Look at this video. :rolleyes:

Nothing says sound business like spending an unlimited amount of money and handing the keys to a man who has proven that he has no idea how to make stars in 2013 over and over and over again.

Holy fcuk Brooke looked amazing.

Guess that gauntlet is how they sneak Styles into the final four.

Where the hell has Sabin gone? I thought he would have been the one getting the title match at No Surrender. You know, his rematch. Anderson is the only Aces and Eights guy with even a chance of winning and that's a very small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

It was very confusing the way they were doing it. After the Styles match Taz was saying that Styles had to get across the red line into the top 4 to qualify yet this was before the gauntlet match was announced but it seems that AJ had no other matches scheduled. Also didn't Styles win by pinfall in which case it would have been no good to him. BFG series seems to be a bit of mess this year. I'm still hopeful that TNA have the talent to put on a good show at BFG if used right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Hogan calls them Aces of Eights?

And really don;t understand him announcing the matches. In 2 weeks Bully has to defend the title against a member but next weeks he defends the title against Sting. So if he loses against Sting will he still have to fight the following week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

CastorTroy wrote: »

And really don;t understand him announcing the matches. In 2 weeks Bully has to defend the title against a member but next weeks he defends the title against Sting. So if he loses against Sting will he still have to fight the following week?

In classic Hogan fashion he was meant to announce a non title match but messed it up

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »

The Sting match isn't actually a title match, Hogan is just really bad at his job.

I only watched the AJ promo there and god was it awful. Way to take a guy who they crowd were happy to see and chanting for him and kill him dead with one promo. It's mind bogglingly stupid how little Bischoff knows what he's doing. How do you take a guy who's over and kill him like that? It's like they deliberately sabotage themselves.

Advertisement