Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The Sting match isn't actually a title match, Hogan is just really bad at his job.

I only watched the AJ promo there and god was it awful. Way to take a guy who they crowd were happy to see and chanting for him and kill him dead with one promo. It's mind bogglingly stupid how little Bischoff knows what he's doing. How do you take a guy who's over and kill him like that? It's like they deliberately sabotage themselves.

It's like they booked him to fill a gap last week then reverted back to what they actually had written/booked for him this week, ignoring the reaction he got last week and failing to capitalise on something hot, sometimes you have to rip up the script and go with what's hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking that. Are they going to do the moody AJ song followed by the usual AJ song every week now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Think they will do a slow transition back, rather than a quick jump which would make zero sense. Styles will be back to himself once he wins the title and is carrying the company again. According to last night, that's what he wants to be doing.

Dont know if it's been mentioned, but Hogan gave an interview recently and suggested giving Bischoff 100% control and even suggested TNA werent providing enough funds for them to succeed. The guy is living in dream world. The funds doesnt even need to be discredited, we all know the financial woes they are having. The Bischoff thing is the real kicker. TNA have done practically everything Hogan and Bischoff came up with. Signing their buddies, changing the ring, going on the road, moving to Mondays, everything.

I wish we could go back four years to Russo booking Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe as a big deal and tell Hogan and Bischoff to fcuk off. I honestly believe that was a major turning point for TNA. They should have taken the right hand side turn, instead they look the left hand side turn and threw the map out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

rovert wrote: »
    Poor old Allen Jones:

Shocking. Who decided to give this guy a live microphone for 7 mins? He's rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I love the Aces & Eights theme. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Zema Ion is returning on this weekends house shows.

Zema Ion is returning on this weekends house shows.

That's great news. Hopefully he is back on TV soon aswell. I wasn't a fan at first, but he won me over big time with his previous title reign. I wouldn't mind another story where they bring in random opponents for him to injure to establish him again. Ion vs Manik could be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This is awfully complicated now but I'll give it my best shot.

By my count:

(Name Matches Points)
    Magnus
    5---39 - No more matches
    Roode
    6---34
    Daniels
    4---33
    Aries
    5---28
    ==============
    Joe
    7---26 - No more matches
    Hardy
    5---24
    Anderson---7---24 - No more matches
    Styles
    6---22
    Kazarian----5---22
    Park
    6---17
    Hernandez--5---07
    Bradley
    5---00

So that's Joe and Anderson out of matches and as such, eliminated unless a lot of DQ's happen. Park, Hernandez and Bradley cant catch up without the DQ's which I dont think would be possible anyway.

Styles is an outsider now with only one match left. He may also need DQ's for Aries or Daniels.

I reckon the top three are in, leaving the final spot between Aries and Hardy. Kazarian could get in, but I dont think he will.

That's assuming I am understanding it correctly.

The final 4 are AJ Styles (he won 20 points in the gauntlet match), Magnus, Bobby Roode and Austin Aries

The gauntlet got a lot of time. About 20 minutes showed, but it had what felt like 100 breaks. Easily 30 minutes with the breaks counted. Hopefully they give the same amount of time to Styles vs Aries next week.

Sabin vs Knux was a great watch. That's the match he should have had with Bully at Destination X instead of being destroyed for 95% of it. Knux also sold the hammer shot better than anyone else to date.

The Anderson turn was a bit meh. He isnt very good as a face because he always acts like a heel. Will probably also see a return for the asshole crap. Thankfully his main event stint is only going to last the one week.

Forgot to post this a couple of week ago but a nice video of Devon getting a standing o from the crowd after he lost the fall in the ten man tag:

• Advertisement

Four very good matches last night. Magnus vs Roode was a bit short but still good. Thought Roode would pick up the win since he has nothing else going but I don't have an issue with Magnus winning either.

Aries vs Styles was as good as you'd expect. Match of the Night for me, but the Anderson vs Bully match is a close second.

Anderson had his best match since the Angle cage match a few years ago. I know his contract is up soon and it seemed like a way to write him out. Bully ripping the patch off him and a pile driver after being stretchered out. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you come back from in a hurry.

Pretty much everyone called Styles winning after he lost at BFG last year. It was the obvious, but right, thing to do. The post match promo has me thinking they will do something similar to Punk leaving with the title. Dixie isn't great, but can't be as bad as Hogan. He didn't seem to be listening to Bully early in the show and just said his lines regardless.

Odd that Tito and Rampage were pulled with no send off. You think they'd have gotten into a brawl or something to explain it since neither man has done much to warrant being pulled. They won't be missed anyway.

Chavo needs to stay away from mic's. He is better than Hernandez, but that isn't hard to do. Chavo was woeful and just further showed why he wasn't worth the money. ODB's promo was awful too, but at least it was short and to the point.

Manik vs Hardy could be great if they give both men decent time on offence. If Hardy dominates, it will suck. Manik vs Sabin from a couple of months ago is the perfect blueprint. Speaking of Sabin, he was MIA again this week. Considering what happened last week, you'd think he would be looking for revenge but nope, he got the week off.

Mickie vs ODB, Gunner/Storm vs Chavo/Hernandez and possibly Manik vs Hardy for next week. No clue what the main event will be but it's a decent enough line up but has no hope of matching up to this week.

I don't know if it had anything to do with Jim Ross recently becoming a free agent but Mike Tenay was fantastic last night. On a whole different level than he's been on in years. Taz was very good too for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I don't know if it had anything to do with Jim Ross recently becoming a free agent but Mike Tenay was fantastic last night. On a whole different level than he's been on in years. Taz was very good too for that matter.

Taz very good? Must of been a miracle.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Taz very good? Must of been a miracle.

He played it straight for most of the show (even the Anderson/Bully match for the most part) and he was so much better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Excellent Impact.

Wrestling could be their strength. Who knew?

He played it straight for most of the show (even the Anderson/Bully match for the most part) and he was so much better.
    He was so bad the last nite on the knockout special I had to turn it off.

rovert wrote: »
    Excellent Impact.

Wrestling could be their strength. Who knew?

MUST watch this Sunday nite, haven`t even watched all of last weeks show yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    He was so bad the last nite on the knockout special I had to turn it off.

Except for all the "oh yeah I am in the Aces & Eights" stuff it was his least problematic call in memory. Which is all the more impressive as according to Bryan Alvarez:
    -- I wouldn't have believed this had I not seen it with my own two eyes, but I was sent a photo by reader Drew from Impact last night taken from behind the announcers, and they've got two monitors, one of which is showing Impact and the other of which is airing the NFL game. Tenay and Taz were watching the game all night while doing the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Something very familiar about the triple power bomb.

Had to laugh at the treatment of Anderson after the match. The medical personnel think he may be injured enough to warrent a neck brace then just pull him out of the cornr by the legs followed by more or less throwing him on to the back board instead of rolling him onto it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sorry (well going by how you talk about him despite his last match supposidly being decent)TNA fans but it seems Anderson has re-signed http://www.tnainsider.com/view/tna-news/mr-anderson-re-signs-with-tna-r386?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sorry (well going by how you talk about him despite his last match supposidly being decent)TNA fans but it seems Anderson has re-signed http://www.tnainsider.com/view/tna-news/mr-anderson-re-signs-with-tna-r386?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Lol at the first comment.

• Advertisement

He's had two good matches in roughly four years with the company.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really enjoyed this weeks Impact , All matches were top notch and the crowd really helped aswell . Since im the only one that seeems to like Anderson his match with Bully was great . Can see Anderson returning during AJ vs Bully as Aces & 8's try to help Bully making sure Aj wins . All 3 BFG series matches were great and looking forward to next week . Lets hope TNA actually build up BFG over the next few weeks

– Dixie Carter’s heel promo on iMPACT! this week is said to be the starting point of TNA moving forward in a very different creative direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hopefully a positive step, these shoot promos on TV never lead to anything good in TNA, it's back to the grind. I'm shocked at the amount of let's turn heel/face characters, it's like the writers give up on having a storyline, and take the easy way out by having them change sides. And then what? No decent storyline, just turn again!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hopefully a positive step, these shoot promos on TV never lead to anything good in TNA, it's back to the grind. I'm shocked at the amount of let's turn heel/face characters, it's like the writers give up on having a storyline, and take the easy way out by having them change sides. And then what? No decent storyline, just turn again!

Yea especially with Sabin turning this week , Came out of the blue tbh but hopefully they actually do something good with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jaykhunter wrote: »

Heel Magnus as Dixie's "face of TNA" Vs. TNA champ Styles after BFG

Yea especially with Sabin turning this week , Came out of the blue tbh but hopefully they actually do something good with him

I think Sabin is better as a heel, so I don't have an issue with that. At least he had a reason, in his own mind if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

The picture quality is not good, Sky must be able to do better.

The picture quality is not good, Sky must be able to do better.

Its HD in the US but over here its just standard def cause Challange ain't a HD channel I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Not being in HD does not bother me. The picture last night was not even good sd, not even as good as other weeks on challenge .

Advertisement