Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've never once noticed an issue with the picture quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I've never once noticed an issue with the picture quality.

He probably only wanted to see Tessmacher's buns in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

In a battle of two grossly mismatched teams Joe, Magnus and Sting vs. Knux, Bischoff and Brisco has been added to iMPACT!. Already set is Manik vs. Sabin for the X-Title and Bro Mans and a mystery female vs. EY, Joseph Park and ODB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Could also be 'The Immortal' Hulk Hogan's last ever TV taping for TNA. I believe his contract expires on October 1st.

Maybe the end of an era. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    Could also be 'The Immortal' Hulk Hogan's last ever TV taping for TNA. I believe his contract expires on October 1st.

Maybe the end of an era. :(

I really don't think he is leaving. SPIKE probably want him still and Meltzer had a theory that IF the Carters are looking to sell TNA the company it would be worth more with Hogan securely on the books than without. Especially to some mug who hasn't follow the Wrestling business since the 80s or 90s.

• Advertisement

Unpopular wrestling opinion alert, but I hope he stays, still love seeing him every week, and still cuts one of the best promos out there.

Even if he's on the fence though, if TNA actually promoted this weeks Impact as "Hogan's last Impact??" it may have generated a slight ratings boost.

Unpopular wrestling opinion alert, but I hope he stays, still love seeing him every week, and still cuts one of the best promos out there.

Even if he's on the fence though, if TNA actually promoted this weeks Impact as "Hogan's last Impact??" it may have generated a slight ratings boost.

Next week would be the last. They record two at a time.

Wrestling is in a bad state if Hogan is considered one of the best in regards promos. He managed to announce Sting getting a title match a few weeks ago.

Next week would be the last. They record two at a time.

Wrestling is in a bad state if Hogan is considered one of the best in regards promos. He managed to announce Sting getting a title match a few weeks ago.

Ah yeah they shoot two at a time, forgot that.

Well yeah he did announce the Sting title shot but it's viable that he was fed that erroneous line from some writer who scripted the promo. The same people that made a balls of the B4G series this year.

X-Division is looking pretty stacked right about now.

Manik, Sabin, Aries, King and Hardy. Along with Ion, Dutt and Petey. Great line up.

I liked the short promo video for Leila Tapa, is she supposed to be the new Awesome Kong or something?

• Advertisement

I liked the short promo video for Leila Tapa, is she supposed to be the new Awesome Kong or something?

Imagine Kong, taller but really green. I think she has does have potential but will likely get overpushed early on.

Minus the talent.

Lei'D Tapa shouldnt be anywhere near a TV taping. She looked absolutely clueless. At least Velvet isnt the worst anymore.

Felt bad for Kenny King being ignored considering he was right there! Why not do a five way?

Thought this week was a decent show but not helped by the dead crowd. When Magnus says "Who's gonna put me on the map?", and Sting replies "Me, at Bound for Glory!!" to ZERO reaction from the crowd, I felt so embarrassed for them. It took AJ Styles going into the crowd to liven a few of them up. I can see Sting putting him over at B4G and then Magnus main eventing the European tour shows in January.

Aries as a face and Sabin as heel is so backwards, probably why they made it a 4-way now with Hardy and Manik.

Dixie's promo delivery was very good again I thought, something about that sexy southern belle accent and she delivers it with impressive conviction.

The Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle promo videos were decent too, brought back some good memories there.

Tapa looked kinda awkward, her kicks on Velvet when she was on the floor looked like they barely made contact. She does have a great look though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea the crowd were fairly crap for the whole show bar Hardy getting a pop and AJ's jump into the crowd . Nearly laughed when Lei'd tapa came out tbh , although that could have been down to the crowd reaction or there lack of . Her attack on Velvet just looked weak and good luck to ODB to get a good match out of her.

Loving Dixie and Sabin(as said by other people he is a way better heel) as heels so far . Thought it was weird that King didnt get in the Ultimate X unless they add 2 more into it but doubt it because it could get messy

Gail Kim wouldn't even manage to get a good match out of Tapa. ODB is fairly bad in straight matches. It's going to be awful if that's the way they go.

Not a single match advertised for this week.

Watched the last 3 weeks of Impact the last few evenings much worse than I was expecting. Its clear to the viewer that some things are as a mess behind the scenes. The matches for Bound for Glory just seem thrown together at the last minute & the crowds are so fúcking dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I haven't seen much chatter about Hogan skedaddling and taking Dixie's dignity with him last week. What's the consensus?

0wga.jpg

• Advertisement

A blatant creative control move for me.

And what's worse is that Hogan pulls something like that and they even consider continuing to do business with him.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I haven't seen much chatter about Hogan skedaddling and taking Dixie's dignity with him last week. What's the consensus?

The saddest thing is its lining up Hogshít to be the saviour again. Kinda confirmed to me that he ain`t leaving anytime soon.

Aries announced on Twitter that he's wrestling Jeff Hardy tonight. You know it might just be me but that should be the kind of match you actually announce in advance.

Aries announced on Twitter that he's wrestling Jeff Hardy tonight. You know it might just be me but that should be the kind of match you actually announce in advance.

You probably found out around the same time as Austin did, get that vibe from them. Last week they mentioned Leidi Tapa got a promo video the week before but I sware I didn't see it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    You probably found out around the same time as Austin did, get that vibe from them. Last week they mentioned Leidi Tapa got a promo video the week before but I sware I didn't see it.

She did. It lasted about 15 seconds and she looked more confused than scary.

She did. It lasted about 15 seconds and she looked more confused than scary.

Ah feck it, missed it and deleted them from my Sky+ in disgust after Hogan killed heel Dixie, must find it for a laugh on Youtube.

Again the highlight of the show (particularly the video package):

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Guess Kurt wasn't in rehab for muscle enhancers or tanning.

• Advertisement

Poor Kenny King, still ignored. Even Joe, who has had nothing to do with the X-Division in years, gets in ahead of him.

Advertisement