Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not perfect but I really liked the show and the focus seems to be back on Wrestling. I did find how it went off air a bit much though and a bit too real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think it'd be okay if they did the same angle with anybody else, but with Kurt it just makes me a little uneasy.

The brackets for what could be an excellent World title tournament:
    713a8540e6db58559c652a766f4c9757_L.jpg?t=1383291160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hopefully they dont go overboard with the stipulations.

The tournament has a tonne of potential but unneeded gimmick stipulations like Full Metal Mayhem next week could ruin it.

Magnus is the obvious winner, but I'd like to see Roode or Aries win it.

Cant think of any worthwhile complaints this week other than the gimmicks announcement. Guess I could say Taz but he is usually awful so it would be pointless.

I thought Taz was particularly bad this week. Like a level above his usual nonsense.

• Advertisement

Glad it wasnt just me so. He improved for a while but has quickly gone off a cliff again.

Oddly, he improved around the time JR became a free agent and went back down once JR said he wasnt interested. Seems he needs the danger of being sacked to make him do a somewhat good job.

I'll be very disappointed if these two aren't a full time team:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tna hired a impersonator of their old "Scary Voiceover Guy", after Don West thats the no.2 non wrestler Tna character I want to return.
    Jaysus I didn't even pay to see BFG but there are so many rematches I needn't have watched it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Jaysus I didn't even pay to see BFG but there are so many rematches I needn't have watched it.

Styles vs Bully rematch was better.
    Gail vs ODB was better than the three way.
    Roode vs Angle rematch wasnt far off being better.
    BroMans vs GunStorm wasnt far off either.

Doing a great job at showing up BFG anyway :pac:

For this week's show, Sabin vs Hardy in Full Metal Mayhem is advertised as the main event. Hope they just give them the last 30 minutes and say there you go, lads, have fun.

Also advertised is a state of the Mafia address from Sting, an update on Angle, Brooke vs ODB vs Velvet and Abyss is being teased too.

If nothing else, the main event should be great if given the time.

I really enjoyed both the Roode vs Angle matches, not MOTY quality but real strong. Awkward watching Angle drop like that considering how much he is clearly banged up.
    Btw Overly Developed Bussoms was an outstanding clean joke.

• Advertisement

Roode vs Angle at BFG was my MOTN, just beating out the tag title match. TNA hasnt had a tonne of quality this year so it could be in contention for TNA's MOTY but not the overall award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Kim & Tyrell already have MOTY sewn up.

Jarrett maybe? He's been back on the road lately. I doubt it's AJ or Hogan.

World title holder is vague. Does that include WWE/WCW/ECW? Styles and RVD are the only TNA World title holders not still around. Shamrock, Jarrett and Raven (and Rhino but he's in ROH) are the NWA champions not employed somewhere.

Not much help since it probably includes other companies. The returning part suggests it'll be a former TNA champion meaning one of the above.

Got this from the end of that video too:

Love Sabin's heel act.

Setting my expectations to "Bellator" so I wont be disappointed.

IF they are playing footsie with Billy Corgan using Raven would be good way to make Billy happy.

rovert wrote: »
    Setting my expectations to "Bellator" so I wont be disappointed.

Just checked and both Rampage and Tito are former UFC Light Heavyweight Champions. Would that count as a World title?

russo_1.jpg

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Xplosion this week features Kazarian vs Aries. That's the kind of match that they should be having on Impact every week.

This week featured Manik vs Sabin...... for the fcuking title!!!

It doesn't even air in the states so hardly anyone will see it. Why waste those matches? I can only think they might be trying to get a TV deal in the states but there are better ways to go about it than that.

Former World tag team champ Adam 'Pacman' Jones is making his triumphant return to TNA tomorrow in Ohio.

Former World tag team champ Adam 'Pacman' Jones is making his triumphant return to TNA tomorrow in Ohio.

Where'd you get that? Did a google and nothing about him since 2007.

• Advertisement

Hardly anyone seems to watch these videos as their is never any mention of what happens in them.

I assume she is taking the piss, isn't she?

According to Wiki tonight is the 500th edition of iMPACT!.

According to Wiki tonight is the 500th edition of iMPACT!.

Going by the number of weeks, it should be only 492.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Going by the number of weeks, it should be only 492.

If that's the case it should be even less, there's been a couple of periods where there were a few weeks without a show.

Was this weeks Impact any good?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Was this weeks Impact any good?

Seems like it was a very polarising show. Some said TNA is back to its best while others viewed it as a show riddled with issues.

There's a clever angle on the show that I would strongly recommend you watch unspoiled.
    The Aces & Eights attack on Anderson.

It was very unorganized.

The opening segment went far too long before following it up with a Knockouts match that ended up being pointless.

Way too much of Angle/Roode too. It should have been spread out over several weeks.

Friends of AJ was a little cheesy, but its a good way of getting it on air. Dixie actually being pissed about it airing was a nice touch.

The main event was obviously the best match, Bad Influence seem to have figured out the Abyss/Joseph Park thing but didnt say it outright. The lack of organization is the big problem with it. The content itself was fine.

Aces and Eights segment was great.

Starts about 2 minutes in:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I know you not suppose to think about these things but that segment made no sense. Ace & 8 pretend to break up to lure Mr. Kennedy out? How did they know it would lure him out? What were they going to do if he didn't? It was stupid for Kennedy to come out, could he have not watch it backstage? The People respond to Ace & 8 breaking up and then you swerve them. When you break them up for real, people won't respond as think it's another swerve or seen it before. Hate to nit-pick. But first TNA thing watched in a bit and just seem pointless.

Advertisement