Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Trying to pick winners without spoilers which is hard because they havent told us who is in the match. Preview only gives six names but says plus more.

I think Chavo will be getting the fired case. I'm surprised he lasted this long considering he likely isnt cheap.

I think Storm will get the tag titles shot but wont pick Gunner due to recent weeks.

That's all I got. The other advertised names are Gunner, Joe, Anderson and Ion. If I had to pick, I'd say Joe for the X-Division and Anderson for the World.

Full line up for anyone who wants to know:
    Austin Aries, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Sabin, Curry Man, Dewey Barnes, James Storm, Norv Fernum, Hernandez, Ethan Carter III, Gunner, Samoa Joe, and Zema Ion.

I really hope
    Carter
    gets the fired case. That would be such a great storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I really hope
    Carter
    gets the fired case. That would be such a great storyline.

As long as it isn't
    Fernum or Barnes
    I don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it'll go to
    Curryman again

Or another possibility
    Sabin hands the case to Velvet and since she opens it, Sabin says she's the one getting fired.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe it'll go to
    Curryman again
    They are essentially getting two wrestlers for the price of one. Wouldnt make sense to get rid of that considering their money issues.

Did a certain knockout return on impact last nite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Just went on Lords of Pain and got the results in one of the headlines,Really have to stop using that site.Anybody know a better one for news where shows aren't spoiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did a certain knockout return on impact last nite?

So happy to see Madison back :D

Wasnt expecting her back at all, so to have her back so soon is great.

Curry Man was brilliant in Feast or Fired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Lost a good bit of weight by the looks of things,not for the better either.

Lost a good bit of weight by the looks of things,not for the better either.

She had a kid so I expect she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Ah,I thought she quit to do bodybuilding or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Ah,I thought she quit to do bodybuilding or something.

She was building a baby inside of her body if that applies...

It's amazing she had the kid a little over 3 months ago, and is already back in such amazing shape.

Forgot this week was the World title match. That 10-10-10 segment really should have happened last week. Way too much happened this week for the one match. Should have been spread out over a few weeks at least. Was expecting Styles to return and face Magnus at the end of the show, that's how quickly they were moving.

Chavo getting the fired case was the right call. His claim of having to work harder due to being a Guerrero was laughable though. His name is the only reason he was even employed in the first place. Was hoping Zema would get the Tag title case due to BroMans being champions, but Carter trying to find a partner should be good also. Gunner getting the World title shot was a nice touch considering how he got the case.

It's amazing to think Madison had a baby less than four months ago. She must have lived in the gym since then to get back to such good shape.

I hope there is never another 2 out of 3 falls match on weekly television again. The first two falls are always pointless. Would have liked Roode to win 2-0 but a win is a win in the end.

Could have done with featuring Aries in some way since he did win the X-Division title only last week. Even a promo video would have done.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That was a great Main Event with Hardy and Magnus , even though it was obvious Magnus was gonna win .

They should have had Spud go to some indie show AJ was on and while he was wrestling he should have jumped the rail and grabbed the belt or something

Havent watched this week's Impact yet, but Xplosion is worth a watch. A solid Joe vs Kazarian match followed by Abyss vs Styles from Lockdown 2005. Easily the career match for Abyss and a very strong match from Styles.

Impact was good also. Not a tonne of wrestling but Madison vs Gail was very, very good. Aries vs Sabin was decent but they have had much better. The Beer Money reunion was great for what it was. Would have been better not to make it so obvious beforehand tho.

With better planning they could have used Genesis as a real Sunday PPV instead of another FPV. Styles vs Magnus, Sting vs EC3, Roode vs Angle, Storm vs Gunner, Bully vs Anderson, Gail vs Madison, Aries vs Sabin and it would have made a very strong PPV.

Sons of Anarchy inspired crowd gone so now on to a Dexter inspired wrestler.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy inspired crowd gone so now on to a Dexter inspired wrestler.

Samuel Shaw? It's more American Psycho.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Samuel Shaw? It's more American Psycho.

I was going more by what he was wearing
    http://img1.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/r/8/r8qw89u1da6aada9.jpg?kj8as6ye

That last 20 minutes was pretty great. Would have been better if I hadnt known who won before hand though.

Next week is a live show with a very strong looking line up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

SHOW FOR THE AGES

Someone on Twitter said of the main event:
    Closest thing I can compare it to is Jimmy King v DDP from the end of Ready to Rumble.

You just NEED to watch this show and after a few beers preferably.

Genesis is on Thursday from the birthplace of TNA:
    Steel Cage Match - If Angle Loses He Can't Enter the TNA Hall of Fame
    'Olympic Gold Medalist' Kurt Angle vs. 'The 'It' Factor of Professional Wrestling and Leader of the Selfish Generation' Bobby Roode
    genesis1.jpg

'The Icon' Sting vs. Ethan Carter III
    genesis2.jpg

Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson
    genesis3.jpg

TNA Knockouts Championship

Madison Rayne vs. champion Gail Kim (w/ Lei'd Tapa)
    genesis4.jpg

Unfortunatly they did the usual of whoring out the cage match on last weeks show so now it means less. I really don't get that logic. They used to always do it for Lockdown. Pretty much no cage matches all year, Lockdown is one week away? Let's have seven of them on Impact! Stipulation also makes it rather obvious who is winning. Only way I don't see an Angle win is if he is on his way out of the company.

His contract isn't up until August and even then I doubt WWE will touch him after last year.

He has talked about retirement after this contract for the last couple of years now. But it's Kurt Angle, hardly the most reliable source. I'll be very surprised if Angle loses, but if he does, it could be the start of a retirement storyline for him.

• Advertisement

Oh he's definitely not losing. It's the blowoff to a feud where the pay off is Angle finally beating Roode. Fair play to them for not feeling the need to give Angle a win too early for the sake of even steven booking.

Advertisement