Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Rather randomly Unbreakable 2005, featuring probably the most famous match in TNA history, is on Challenge next Wednesday at 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Feck when did Snitsky and big Zek make their debuts in TNA:eek: A great addition as knuckle dragging heavies.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Feck when did Snitsky and big Zek make their debuts in TNA:eek: A great addition as knuckle dragging heavies.

They debuted two weeks ago and they're already gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They debuted two weeks ago and they're already gone.

Best use of former WWE knuckleheads in a while by TNA.

• Advertisement

The highlight of the whole thing is Spud's reaction when everybody shows up behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think the only complaint I have is the timing of the commercial for next week. Advertising Low Ki in the six way next week was pretty much saying he has no chance of winning the match that is up next. Show that after the match and it's fine.

Very happy they had the X-Division title match as the main event. Shows they are actually serious this time about putting some effort into it again.

That was also the most enjoyable ending in a long time. I'm assuming Dreamer played a big role in booking these shows. If that's the case, make him full time along with whoever else was involved. Easily the best run of shows they have had in a long, long time and the hot crowd makes such a difference over the half asleep Orlando crowds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I did found the whole Dixie table thing creepy. The man on woman violence just leads to so many unfortunate implications and there is no need for it in a form of entertainment already considered by a vast majority of people to be crass.

A heel getting their comeuppance is one of my favourite things in Wrestling however here in storyline, the entire babyface locker room emptied, surrounded this middle aged woman, assaulted and crippled her. So odd.

rovert wrote: »
    I did found the whole Dixie table thing creepy. The man on woman violence just leads to so many unfortunate implications and there is no need for it in a form of entertainment already considered by a vast majority of people to be crass.

A heel getting their comeuppance is one of my favourite things in Wrestling however here in storyline, the entire babyface locker room emptied, surrounded this middle aged woman, assaulted and crippled her. So odd.

Equal rights for all. Why does gender have to come into it?

Riiight.

Glad TNA edited out Devon forcing a kiss on Dixie.

• Advertisement

Riiight.

Glad TNA edited out Devon forcing a kiss on Dixie.

Great contribution as always.

Thought they should have ended on the TNA chanting instead of waiting for it to die down.

I'm not overly fond of the idea of a near 50 year old non wrestler being put through a table (as I said months ago somewhere in this thread) but honestly I don't care enough to get upset about it. If Dixie wants to go through a table who am I to say she shouldn't?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Great contribution as always.

Poster to poster please stop with the fighting and insults. It is beyond lame at this stage and totally counter productive.

Sorry but my contribution was better thought out and more sincere than the "equal rights for all" craic that doesn't come close to addressing what I said in my post. You aren't in the position to judge other's contributions, sorry mate. The segment was one of the more "rapey" in Wrestling history.
    I'm not overly fond of the idea of a near 50 year old non wrestler being put through a table (as I said months ago somewhere in this thread) but honestly I don't care enough to get upset about it. If Dixie wants to go through a table who am I to say she shouldn't?

I am not outraged - TNA just doesn't create that type of emotion for me. It is was so odd/pathetic. Vince making Trish bark like a dog was more bothersome for me.

Poster to poster please stop with the fighting and insults. It is beyond lame at this stage and totally counter productive.

Sorry but my contribution was better thought out and more sincere than the "equal rights for all" craic that doesn't come close to addressing what I said in my post. You aren't in the position to judge other's contributions, sorry mate. The segment was one of the more "rapey" in Wrestling history.

It's easily cut out if you'd stop the condesencing one word replies. Nothing to add? Dont say anything. Simple.

Where were the complaints about Brie slapping Triple H a couple of weeks ago? You complained about man on woman, so why not woman on man? This double standard is the reason why womens wrestling is seen as an afterthought.

I am not outraged - TNA just doesn't create that type of emotion for me. It is was so odd/pathetic. Vince making Trish bark like a dog was more bothersome for me.

It's Dixie having ultimate veto power that has me not really caring. If she didn't want to do it then that would've been the end of it.

It's easily cut out if you'd stop the condesencing one word replies. Nothing to add? Dont say anything. Simple.

I doubt you will cut it out. You have taken the same tact with me on longer posts. Like I said your response didn't address what my point was.
    Where were the complaints about Brie slapping Triple H a couple of weeks ago? You complained about man on woman, so why not woman on man? This double standard is the reason why womens wrestling is seen as an afterthought.

I don't even know where to begin with this argument to be honest. You are pleading ignorance seemingly on how problematic (as I outlined) the scene on IMPACT was. The double standard argument doesn't really come into it here. The Women's Wrestling point is baffling to me to be honest. Can you elaborate on such points?

It's Dixie having ultimate veto power that has me not really caring. If she didn't want to do it then that would've been the end of it.

That's kind of immaterial to the on screen scene in my opinion. The babyface locker room cheering on a middle aged woman being put through a table is problematic no matter how you slice it.

That's kind of immaterial to the on screen scene in my opinion. The babyface locker room cheering on a middle aged woman being put through a table is problematic no matter how you slice it.

I get what you mean but the presentation is clear it's that the Dixie Carter character is being put through the table that's making them happy rather than seeing a woman put through a table. I'd like to think that most of the fans there were cheering the same thing, but that's probably not entirely the case. It's not like this will lead to a trend of women being put through tables.

I get what you mean but the presentation is clear it's that the Dixie Carter character is being put through the table that's making them happy rather than seeing a woman put through a table. I'd like to think that most of the fans there were cheering the same thing, but that's probably not entirely the case.

That's what Bryan Alvarez said more or less. They kept angle genderless as possible on TV - live it was a different story with the Devon kiss and it was in front of the "ECW mutants" who were/are the most chauvinist audiences in history.

But in general in Wrestling and other forms of media that depicts violence against women, the perpetrators are shown to be the bad guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Riiight. Glad TNA edited out Devon forcing a kiss on Dixie.
    Great contribution as always. Thought they should have ended on the TNA chanting instead of waiting for it to die down.

Rovert, that was intentionally looking for a reaction. gnfnrhead, you responded equally snarky. You're both stepping over the line - if you can't discuss civilly, just ignore him. Report it, don't react. Either of you - Next snipe will earn you a few days off. PLEASE don't make us hand out bans, you're both respected long-time PW boardsies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd like to know whose idea it was. Like if it was a long term plan by Dixie to get her off tv or if it was someone else's idea.

But I personally didn't see it as putting a woman through a table. It was just Bully having a table for everyone that wronged him and she was last on the list.

I know it won't be seen that way by some and will simply be taken as violence against women.

On that note, I thought Spike wasn't allowing man on woman violence and it was limited to PPV only. Or was that the WWE shows?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Rovert, that was intentionally looking for a reaction. gnfnrhead, you responded equally snarky. You're both stepping over the line - if you can't discuss civilly, just ignore him. Report it, don't react. Either of you - Next snipe will earn you a few days off. PLEASE don't make us hand out bans, you're both respected long-time PW boardsies.

I do apologise but his prior post was looking for a reaction in kind. I thought his response to my post was unnecessarily flippant and didn't address want by actual point was. Essentially it was driven by whatever issue he has with me which he doesn't seem to want to drop and I personally believe it was driven by the intention of sniping at me yet again and the trap of endless contrarianism he has fallen into. I find it hard to believe is sincere in his points as he is replying to but not engaging in what I said. Simply feel free to disagree with my opinion but treat it with respect and I will do so in kind.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd like to know whose idea it was. Like if it was a long term plan by Dixie to get her off tv or if it was someone else's idea.

But I personally didn't see it as putting a woman through a table. It was just Bully having a table for everyone that wronged him and she was last on the list.

I know it won't be seen that way by some and will simply be taken as violence against women.

On that note, I thought Spike wasn't allowing man on woman violence and it was limited to PPV only. Or was that the WWE shows?

SPIKE had probably a stricter policy on man on woman violence but SPIKE seemed to be ok enough with it as long as they aired an advisory.

You can own a piece of the table Dixie was put through for the low price of 200 dollars: http://shoptna.com/bully-ray-dixie-carter-table-collectible.aspx

Last week's show was the highest rated since February. It helps that it was a very strong show which should mean a lot of the viewers will watch again this week.

They deserve it based on the recent shows and is proof that if they can remain consitant, people will watch. I feared they would fall into their old pattern of having a few good shows then being awful again but they are on a much longer than usual streak lately so I'm starting to get hopeful that they have turned a corner.

This weeks iMPACT! has The Hardys vs. Team 3D for the first time in twelve years, Tigre Uno vs. Low Ki vs. Manik vs. Crazy Steve vs. DJZ vs. Homicide, Gail Kim vs. Angelina Love vs. Velvet Sky vs. Tartn Terrell for the KO title and MVP, Lashley and King vs. Aries, Roode and EY.

509bac5aa5.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

509bac5aa5.png

Interesting. Potentially trying to establish themselves on Wednesdays before Smackdown moves to Thursdays.

Or Spike trying to see if it works on Wednesday nights before officially cancelling.

509bac5aa5.png

WE ONLY NEED WEDNESDAY NIGHTS

BvB5QsKIgAEyjp9.jpg

Doing a legger from Smackdown I guess.

On the plus side, would Spike even bother moving them if they weren't planning to keep them around? Or is that reading too much into this?

• Advertisement

On the plus side, would Spike even bother moving them if they weren't planning to keep them around? Or is that reading too much into this?

Was thinking the same. Surely it's a waste of time changing your regular schedule if you are dropping something in about two months time?

On the other hand, they started out on Wednesday so could also be finishing on Wednesdays to come full circle.

Advertisement