Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They say they're taping One Night Only's even though they'll still have four in the can at the time of the taping. It certainly doesn't look too good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not a breeze what's actually going on. TNA is seemingly in turmoil with more bad news to come apparently. TNA IMPACT is live/nearly live tonight. While Jeff Jarrett has been tweeting the following:
    https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/613496853540179968
    https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/613568845220085760
    https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/613731478032261120

Jeff could be buying TNA, getting IMPACT's time slot, appearing on IMPACT or just Jeff is buying an Ice Cream van for those Baseball park shows GFW is currently running.

Could be something like Jarrett going into TNA's Hall of Fame.

Could be something like Jarrett going into TNA's Hall of Fame.

Nah I am very sure it is an Ice Cream van.

Or Goldberg to the GFW.

TNA at least have something worthwhile tonight!
    CIP45g6XAAANmqC.jpg

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

"Nature Boy" AJ Styles and Fourtune are coming back!!1!

Smart money is on an ownership flip and TNA rebranding to GFW. With the show staying on Destination America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So the company actually did fairly alright back when Jeff Jarrett was calling the shots, did it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Surprises a plenty on Impact last night

:
    Vader turned up to take on Bram, Matt Morgan Returned, Jeff and Karen Jarrett returned and declared taht Jeff is entering the King of The Mountain match,Matt Hardy returned days after being a Daddy for the first time to face Angle and Shawn Hernadez also returned to attack Drew Galloway.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Surprises a plenty on Impact last night

:
    Vader turned up to take on Bram, Matt Morgan Returned, Jeff and Karen Jarrett returned and declared taht Jeff is entering the King of The Mountain match,Matt Hardy returned days after being a Daddy for the first time to face Angle and Shawn Hernadez also returned to attack Drew Galloway.

CITxyoCVEAEXtS9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So the company actually did fairly alright back when Jeff Jarrett was calling the shots, did it?

Well it went from a ppv format to getting a national TV slot on a big channel in America, and had a pretty big buzz about it between internet fans and felt like something was gonna happen at one stage. ..... Then it went to the dogs in my opinion,

I always look at TNA like this: While it was Jeffs baby initially, it wasnt going to succeed without other finacial partners and help from others. Over the years it has suffered from 'too many cooks spoil the broth' syndrome, with too many people wanting having an influence on the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

****ing hell, didn't see any of this coming!

ALSO
    Low Ki is done with the company again

Sirsok wrote: »
    Well it went from a ppv format to getting a national TV slot on a big channel in America, and had a pretty big buzz about it between internet fans and felt like something was gonna happen at one stage. ..... Then it went to the dogs in my opinion,
    So I haven't been looking at any sites today, what is Jeff Jarrett's status with TNA?

So I haven't been looking at any sites today, what is Jeff Jarrett's status with TNA?

PWInsider:
    For those asking what's up with Jeff Jarrett and TNA, the story that he told last night on Impact Wrestling was pretty much the truth - TNA (I believe John "Big" Gaburick) reached out to him about appearing on the Slammiversary PPV. The appearance gives TNA a badly-needed hook for the Slammiversary PPV (although it comes at the last second) and for Jarrett, allows him to promote his GFW company.
    Jarrett will be working the PPV and I wouldn't be shocked to see the company announce him as this year's TNA Hall of Famer. They had attempted to get AJ Styles to agree to a deal where he would be announced as the Hall of Famer and wrestle but Styles declined due to his New Japan commitments and responsibilities, as NJPW works with ROH.

There was talk last night about TNA talent being able to work GFW events as part of the deal.

Update: 4:53 PM: PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources was that part of the deal was to allow TNA talents the ability to work GFW events.

I am told that the Jarretts' promos last night, especially Karen's, were pretty much shooting from the heart and they weren't scripted by TNA beyond Jeff pushing that he would be in "his match", King of the Mountain at Slammiversary.

Before the live broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING on Destination America James Storm and Magnus met in an empty arena to agree to terms for a match happening this Sunday at Slammiversary Live! on Pay-Per-View.

So it looks like things might be turning around for them a little bit after last night's tapings then?

So it looks like things might be turning around for them a little bit after last night's tapings then?

I wouldnt be so optimystic. I think its just delaying the end.

• Advertisement

Just two months ago, TNA Wrestling was well behind on paying its production staff. Fast forward to now and those problems still exist.

During a production meeting on Thursday night which followed tapings for several upcoming episodes of the company’s “Impact” television show, the staff of reportedly around 35-40 workers were informed that they will not receive their paychecks for the set of May tapings until July 15 at the earliest.

“It’s the same old TNA bulls—”, said one anonymous longtime TNA production worker.

That person, along with others, described everyone involved as being “hot” and “pissed off” following the meeting with morale very low.

Ron and Don Harris — who recently rejoined the company and were put in charge of the production staff — told the workers that “if you’re not happy, just shake our hands and walk away."

“I don’t blame (the Harrises),” said an anonymous source involved. “They’re back after 10 years and don’t know what’s going on.”

TNA Wrestling held a live edition of “Impact” on Wednesday night at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla. and is taping upcoming episodes of the show which began on Thursday and go through Saturday. On Sunday night, the company will hold its “Slammiversary” pay-per-view from the theme park sounsdstage.

This is the latest pay issue involving TNA Wrestling and its production staff of freelance workers. In April, the company was more than two months behind in paying many of them for a set of pay-per-view tapings that took place in February. Everyone was eventually paid but in most cases that was after more than 65 days with some also shorted on pay.

The industry standard in television is that freelance workers should be paid within 30 days. Many companies pay within 14 days.

These same freelance workers were also paid anywhere from 65-70 days late after working on the TNA UK tour which took place on Jan. 29-31. This now marks the third year in a row that members of the production staff have had to wait more than 60 days to receive their paychecks.

“They don’t give a s—,” said the same longtime worker.

www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2015-06-26/tna-wrestling-impact-tapings-production-staff-pay-issues-universal-studios-orlando

Scummy

he twists and turns continue as it relates to Slammiversary and the return of The King of The Mountain Match. Last night we announced who will be competing and you heard from Bobby Roode, Matt Hardy, Eric Young, Drew Galloway and even Jeff Jarrett. Now we can announce that those competing Sunday will be competing for The BRAND New King of The Mountain Championship!

What does this mean for the future? What does it mean if, Jeff Jarrett, The Founder of Global Force Wrestling wins The King of The Mountain Championship?

Don’t miss Slammiversary on Sunday, exclusively on Pay Per View to find out.

:rolleyes:
    Sunday will be Magnus' last match with TNA. Nothing has been said publicly because of the PPV on Sunday and because he will be on Impact on Wednesday. But it will be announced at some point very soon that Nick Aldis will be with GFW.

Weird collection of news.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wouldnt be so optimystic. I think its just delaying the end.
    It just seemed like more people were talking about it in a somewhat positive light.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Prowrestling.net are also reporting Magnus leaving as well as James Storm after Slammiversery.

Prowrestling.net are also reporting Magnus leaving as well as James Storm after Slammiversery.

PW Insider said they're leaving and will continue to work with the company on a per appearance basis (assuming nobody else snaps them up). TNA can't afford exclusivity these days anyway. There's only a handful of people they should have under exclusive contracts. What per appearance deals lack in stability is made up for in flexibility and the ability to surprise.

Eh:
    Our correspondent at tonight’s Impact Wrestling tapings mentioned that Kurt Angle came out for a segment and announced that he has a tumor in his neck and it will require surgery.

After he made the announcement, Eric Young attacked him and Melendez attempted to make the save, however EY delivered a pile driver to Melendez on the floor.

With the attack following the announcement, this could be storyline, but we can’t confirm at this time. It’s been well documented that Angle has had neck injuries in the past.

More details at this story develops…

Angle update:
    PWInsider has learned that the tumor is something Angle has known about for about a year but of late it has been causing him some issues leading to muscle atrophy, which is why he's having surgery.

There's actually to much to document. Add Austin Aries to the list of people gone or that is now freelance that may return in the future.

Taryn and Amazing Kong are both rumoured to be gone too.

TNA at the tapings inducted Jeff Jarrett into their Hall of Fame which doesn't speak well of if there's going to be a Bound for Glory.

So who do they have on exclusive contracts, do they have anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Interesting about Kong. She only just came back a few months ago. Long shot but I doubt there is any interest from WWE is there? I'd love to see her back. It's really unfortunate what happened the first time and I'm still not sure why she never returned

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was actually at universal yesterday. Hadn't realised there was a taping till near the end of my visit, and after 7 hours in the park, I really couldn't be bothered waiting round another 4 for the tapings to begin.

But what did strike me was the difference in how they were getting crowds in. A few years back, by 3 o clock, the queue was massive for the 7 o clock taping. People queuing in the heat for hours, a real buzz of excitement. And a certain air of arrogance amoung those organising the queues. But yesterday, there was no one at that time. Maybe it grew as the day went on, but the queue was empty, and they had people with megaphones near begging people to attend, promising the Hardy Boyz, Mr Anderson, angle and Bobby Lashley, repeating those names over and over, to little or no reaction.

Was kind of sad; the difference was striking. People just passed them by, and this is somewhere that queues form for fun.

I haven't kept up with TNA at all. But I still find it sad it seems to be on it's last legs :(

Advertisement