Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I read a theory that because she acknowledged her pregnancy on television at the time, that they were reluctant to bring her back, not wanting to have to address a miscarriage. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Wasn't it more a case of she publicly told people she had the baby?

I haven't a clue. I just remember reading that she announced she had a miscarriage in an interview (maybe)?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would like to see her in the WWE just because she would walk straight into a program with the Bellas that was never finished off previously and would be a perfect anti-Diva for their current storyline.

Very curious to see how far in advance TNA are even planning at the moment. Inducting JJ now does scream of we don't know if we will make it to BFG. Similarily you would have to think what the talent are thinking, they may not be willing to wait around and see if TNA can get their sh!t together especially if they are already waiting on pay etc Japan, ROH, NXT etc could seem very tempting for people like Roode, Aeries etc

Austin Aries is someone who I would have loved to have seen in the WWE a few years ago, but haven't been following him all too closely in the last few years. However, if TNA are about to go belly up it is pretty exciting to see which of their alumni will turn up in NXT. The storyline with Kong and the Bella Twins would have been a great piece of long-term booking if it had ever come to fruition but WWE probably wouldn't bother with logical continuity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can anyone be able to tell me how TNA have gone so ****e financially in the past few years ?

From an outsider looking in, it seems that when Jeff Jarrett stepped back it turned for the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

ricero wrote: »
    Can anyone be able to tell me how TNA have gone so ****e financially in the past few years ?

They've steadily drove away any paying customers essentially. Bad, poorly promoted PPV's killed their PPV business, their live event business slowly and steadily declined over the last few years (along with the departure of Don West hurting the profitability of live events quite badly, he sold a remarkable amount of merchandise on those show), and they essentially killed any and all revenue streams aside from TV. They made a "big" move in 2013 and took Impact on the road and lost a boatlaod of money because the demand wasn't there and the shows were too expensive.

As a result costs had to be cut - Hogan, Styles, RVD, Sting, Mickie James, Bad Influence all left because TNA couldn't afford them. The quick departure of a lot of stars hurt the TV rating (TNA's only real remaining revenue source) so that they could no longer demand the TV fees they once could. As a result Spike dropped them and they had to move to Destination America, a smaller network for less money. Thus more cost cutting. Near irreparable damage has been done to the brand, they failed miserably at replacing the stars they lost, and relatively poor ratings on Destination America resulted in the reported cancellation by Destination America come September. Thus more cost cutting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Excellent summation; I'd add that Dixie lying about hiring Vince Russo to Spike had them furious and were cancelled shortly afterwards (it was the straw that broke the camel's back; Spike had delayed renewing iMPACT a few times already).

Longtime advertisers for Destination America specifically asked to not be aired during iMPACT. Dest USA think they can get the same ad revenue for a much cheaper show which isn't TNA. (Wrestling isn't a factor as they've brought in ROH, they just don't want TNA, which speaks volumes and is very sad.) Worth noting it's not just ratings that keep you on TV, but more importantly the ad revenue and demographics you can get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What MF and Jayk said. The general rule of thumb is that Pro Wrestling gets half the ad rates as other programming. You have to be more or less on the scale of or have the brand name of WWE or be owned by a TV broadcasting group like ROH these days.

• Advertisement

What's funny about Destination America is shows like Hillbilly Blood, Mountain, Monsters and Ghost Asylum are the bar Pro Wrestling can't reach for advertisers to buy ads.

Garrett's review was on point:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/617052954512658432

I was pretty disappointed in the many ways TNA let me down when it came to EC3's title win especially compared to Jay Lethal's recent ROH title win. I care way more about about "Michael Hutter" aka EC3 but the entire thing from beginning to end was bungled and poorly conceived. From his win streak to the roll up finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

now that EC3 has begun hus title reign...when and where and to whi dies he lose it??

Angle is surely not going to regain..
    Aries gone..
    Morgan gone..
    Lashley surely doesnt get another run..!
    Roode similarly to Lashley??
    galloway looks the fore runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

now that EC3 has begun hus title reign...when and where and to whi dies he lose it??

Angle is surely not going to regain..
    Aries gone..
    Morgan gone..
    Lashley surely doesnt get another run..!
    Roode similarly to Lashley??
    galloway looks the fore runner.

If he has to lose it and this might sound crazy to some,but rockstar spud

He fired guy as cheif of staff,cut his hair,etc. But spud never got his big moment, Imagine next year in England, spud finally gets his win,breaks the streak and wins title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

themick wrote: »
    If he has to lose it and this might sound crazy to some,but rockstar spud

He fired guy as cheif of staff,cut his hair,etc. But spud never got his big moment, Imagine next year in England, spud finally gets his win,breaks the streak and wins title

Hes putting Jarrett over in the GFW Invasion angle.....

I joke but in all seriousness I wouldnt be surprised

rovert wrote: »
    Garrett's review was on point:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/617052954512658432

I was pretty disappointed in the many ways TNA let me down when it came to EC3's title win especially compared to Jay Lethal's recent ROH title win. I care way more about about "Michael Hutter" aka EC3 but the entire thing from beginning to end was bungled and poorly conceived. From his win streak to the roll up finish.

The finish was awful. The match wasnt bad but the roll up seemed so forced and came from nothing, with no real build up. It just happened.

Im delighted for EC3 though. My problem is what was said above, where does he really go. After Matt Hardy or Drew Galloway, who don't blow me away by any means, who really is there?

Welcome back darlin'

ULBye6a.jpg

I really disliked this weeks Impact.

Tigre Uno is calling out Donald Trump: http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6491

• Advertisement

I really disliked this weeks Impact.

Havent seen it yet, Ill watch it later to see what next for EC3

The Trump stuff surely won't go anywhere. A vain attempt at main stream coverage.

rovert wrote: »

Hes such a likeable guy, inside and out of the ring.

LOL TNA:
    An issue between TNA and Lucha Underground has led to a number of planned TNA TV segments being pulled from upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling, storylines being dropped and one recent TNA signing being dropped from the company, PWInsider.com has learned

At the center of the controversy with Shawn Hernandez, who recently returned to TNA and became part of the Beatdown Clan after appearing on the first season of Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.

TNA sources indicate that Hernandez was signed to a deal by the company after informing TNA that contractually, he was free and clear to do so. After Hernandez made a number of appearances at TNA TV tapings, Lucha Underground approached TNA and informed them that contractually, Hernandez was still their contracted talent, that he was not released from his obligations to their promotion an that he could not legally appear on TNA broadcasts.

As you might imagine, this put TNA into a legally actionable position and with Impact Wrestling already pre-filmed well in advance, to boot. I am told that TNA management attempted to work out an agreement with Lucha Underground that would allow the existing footage to be used, including offering to pay Underground for Hernandez' appearances, but Underground turned down all those attempts. Given that the producers of the series come from a film and TV background, I was not surprised to hear that.

Since TNA cannot use the footage, the decision was made to pull anything involving the BDC and all of their current storylines are completed and done. TNA will be replacing those matches and vignettes with existing material, including some matches from the TNA Slammiversary PPV from a few weeks ago. TNA also intends to film material at their TV Tapings later this month that they can drop into the segments that are no longer available to be used. The matches that were filmed are, for now, completely scrapped and TNA will have to re-edit all of their TV.

Hernandez, obviously, is gone from TNA and until Lucha Underground begins filming additional material, is now in a position where he's losing work as TNA wanted to use him and cannot.

As far as the rest of the BDC, MVP, Kenny King, etc. will effectively be off those TV episodes until TNA can get new material with those talents so a number of talents who worked those tapings are now off television for the next several weeks as well.

Stuff they can't air:

some of 7/15 (may have already aired, was done at the same time as last week's aired stuff)
    Wolves beat MVP/Kenny King by DQ

Rest of 7/15 and 7/22
    Galloway wins battle royal for world title #1 contender spot
    Wolves retain over Hernandez/Kenny King

Part of 7/29
    Matt Hardy beats Bram/Hernandez/EY to be #1 contender to world title

Rest of 7/29 and 8/5
    Hernandez beats Lashley in a cage

https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/622175566419095552
    https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/622192975418818560
    https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/622193158844104704

MVP's stated aim for the next year or two is to take more Wrestling bookings to finance a sports bar he wants to open.

For a variety of reasons the BDC has to go down as one of TNA's worst ever stables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

For a variety of reasons the BDC has to go down as one of TNA's worst ever stables.

I'd put world elite up there to, while the premise was good the execution was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

The Rising
    The revolution
    The menagerie

I would place those 3 worse than BDC IN recent times.

Advertisement