Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bound For Glory will be in a 5,000 seat arena in Charlotte, NC on October 4th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bound For Glory will be in a 5,000 seat arena in Charlotte, NC on October 4th.

Also of note:
    https://twitter.com/glasgowkjh/status/623880882189955073

I watched the last two episodes of IMPACT and they were too dire to comment on. Not even the bad IMPACTs I used to know. The light gets dimmer and dimmer.

Yeah, Impact has been irredeemably bad for the last couple of weeks.

Jarrett's Hall of Fame video:

I honestly don't know what Impact has been supposed to achieve over the last few weeks other than fulfilling the commitment of two hours of weekly television.

• Advertisement

For the cynical among us Jarrett's Hall of Fame speech could double as TNA's eulogy.

Jeff and Jerry reconciling is a full circle moment.

Top matches at BFG look to be
    EC3 vs. Galloway, Roode vs. Lashley and Kong vs. Kim.

Impact was actually rather good this week. EC3/Hardy was very good and I REALLY liked Spud/Aries.

I feel the need to a roll call of current IMPACT watchers (seriously show yourselves, seriously)

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/08/06/impact-wrestling-on-destination-america-august-5-review/

Thougfht he mildy overstated the match rating on Aries-Spud and EC3-Matt Hardy but Garrett nailed it on Aries.
    Aries has been, easily, the best thing about TNA for the last four years. Without him this show would have been much worse off. Greedily I’ll miss him because he made reviewing this show more fun, but I know he’ll do some pretty great stuff outside of TNA. But for the last few years, he truly was the greatest man to grace a TNA ring.

Still waiting on EC3 carrying someone equal or below him until I get behind him.

• Advertisement

Yeah, while the booking has done EC3 few favours, the Spud match aside he has yet to consistently deliver World champion caliber in ring performances. But then again he hasn't exact had an abundance of opportunities to do so either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I used to watch TNA religiously however soon after hogans interaction which initially I was excited for I tuned out. It just compleatly changed from the TNA I loved. And I genuinely loved that old TNA ( Kurt Angle being my favourite wrestler I all time aside) , it just seemed so fresh.

Nowadays I don't even read the results I am that disinterested. It's the same way I am with Smackdown, I strived for something different from Raw, Smackdown originally was my alternative as a young teen, then when that dropped off TWC started showing alternative wrestling (TNA stood out due to their high production values which to me are a must due to being an avid WWE fan all my life) then TNA subsided. After a huge devoid I have found NXT. This gives me the same felling TNA did , but it's such a shame how far, in my eyes, TNA have fallin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Aces & Eights was the last straw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I watch it in fast forward these days only stopping for Aries, X Division, Kong, Kim Mickie/James Storm and the occasional Wolves match.

Everything else is either tedious or embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mxph3 wrote: »
    Aces & Eights was the last straw for me.

When Styles left it died imo. So much talent there 7/8 years ago.
    Loved some bits now like EC3 vs Spud but stuff like the bargain bin X Division and mass exodus of talent has put me right off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

challenge tv showed slamiversary 2005 a few weeks back, i forgot how good it used to be. I rarely watch it now esp since aj, joe and other long timers left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I watch in fast forward. Trying to pinpoint where it all went wrong and I'd say it was with Hogan/Bischoff coming in, ignoring the TNA originals and others who made their name in TNA after WWE, running the place into the ground and then leaving the TNA stars to try and rebuild on what was left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive been back watching the last 2 months or so, (Id say 3 weeks prior to Slammiversary )

Its been a trainwreck for most part of it.

I did love Spud v AA from last week a lot and thought it was the best thing Ive seen in TNA for a good while. With AA gone, TNA has lost, as been said by MF and Rovert, their best performer for the past few years.

With AA gone theres not much to look forward to I fear. I love EC3 as a charcter but I feel his reign will be a poor one, not down to any fault of his own though.

Bad news:
    Discovery Communications has begun pulling Impact Wrestling off their schedule for overseas airings. Discovery En Espanol does not have any more episodes of the show listed on their schedule. The show was airing on Saturdays at 1pm but Impact has been replaced with back to back airings of a show called “Curiosity.” TNA had only been on the air in Latin American markets since June.

TNA has also been pulled from the schedule in Romania and Finland on Discovery-owned Eurosport.

This is probably a sign of what is to come since the word is that, according to an internal memo sent a few months ago (shared with Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer newsletter), Destination America was exercising their right to use their “opt out” clause in their deal with TNA and they do not plan on airing Impact after September.

Review An Impact podcast is ceasing after Bound for Glory which is disappointing as it was really good.
    http://fightnetwork.com/news/59208:august-29-edition-of-review-an-impact/

There's very few quality reviewers or reviewers left full stop.

Bram Arrested in Florida, Suspended Indefinitely

TNA has been advised by the Gulfport, Florida Police Department that Thomas Latimer, known as Bram, has been arrested and charged with two felony counts of domestic battery and false imprisonment. TNA is working to gather facts and obtain additional information related to the arrest.

“The charges against Thomas Latimer are serious, and he is immediately and indefinitely suspended from any future TNA-sanctioned events awaiting the outcome of the case,” said TNA Executive Vice President of Television and Talent John Gaburick.

Not sure if Charlotte was involved but they are married. They've been living apart for the last 6 months.

EDIT
    https://twitter.com/prowrestlingnet/status/638386442058747904

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd say they regret giving him those 15 new multi-year deals in the last six months now.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'd say they regret giving him those 15 new multi-year deals in the last six months now.

If you must

https://twitter.com/TNABreakingNews/status/638386271245758464

Having just watched the latest episode, so they've turned the King of the Mountain title into a title that can be won in a regular match now? Bit stupid

TNA ran through four weeks worth of TNA/GFW angles in the first hour of Impact this week.

TNA ran through four weeks worth of TNA/GFW angles in the first hour of Impact this week.

Impact wasnt bad this week, but its still got plenty wrong with the product. This GFW angle does nothing for me at all.

Lashley looked great. Keep his speech to a minimium and let him show his in-ring talents and hes a great asset.

Roode turned again though which is damaging his credibility to a point where I don't care about him. And believe me I want to care about him, hes a great wrestler.

I bet they are regretting having Bram squash the newly face Kenny King in hindsight.

It's also baffling that they're doing the TNA vs. GFW blowoff match in two weeks rather than at Bound For Glory.

Just finished Impact from last week and it was much better.

EC3 was in good form and his shtick with Hardy was entertaining. The tag team match with the Wolves v Trevor Lee and Myers was good. I like Lee and TNA could do with holding on to him. The whole GFW angle is going too fast, and I have no idea why. Everything is so rushed and messy as a result.

It's also baffling that they're doing the TNA vs. GFW blowoff match in two weeks rather than at Bound For Glory.

Ive no idea why they need to book it sooner, the angle would be served better if it was drawn out longer and would have more impact at a big show. I dont see the logic

I don't see why they had EY come into the ring and turn. Bobby Roode was the more likely candidate since he was talking about being a TNA original and all, while EY was a heel anyway.

Kenny King was confusing though. Didn't he just cut a face promo last week, yet seemed to be heel again?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't see why they had EY come into the ring and turn. Bobby Roode was the more likely candidate since he was talking about being a TNA original and all, while EY was a heel anyway.

Kenny King was confusing though. Didn't he just cut a face promo last week, yet seemed to be heel again?

He seemed so out of place with the heels after turning.... It just confused me.

Whats worse,now I could eb wrong, but werent all these matches over teh last 2/3 weeks taped at the same time

Advertisement