Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Angron wrote: »
    Well someone hates fun.

this is exactly what that match (and TNA) is:
    db0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Have to give credit where it's due to TNA. This Hardy fued, for good or bad, is the most I've seen the company talked about in a very long time. No such thing as bad publicity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have to give credit where it's due to TNA. This Hardy fued, for good or bad, is the most I've seen the company talked about in a very long time. No such thing as bad publicity!

Viwers up by 88k so its all positive.... no can they keep some of them.

so their way of garnering success is by being comically bad?

This is whats known as the bottom of the barrel

BMMachine wrote: »
    so their way of garnering success is by being comically bad?

This is whats known as the bottom of the barrel

Impact are far, far from perfect. But they have begun to do somethings right and Im all for that.

Final Deletion was fun. Different and not to everyones liking, but it was fun and they promoted it well enough to get more viewers. Hopefully those who watched saw some of the good also on offer (X div match, Galloway/Lashley/EC3) will come back next week and they can capitalize.

Impact is a damaged product, but its slowly rehabing.

• Advertisement

Its been a "damaged product" which is "slowly rehabing" for a 5 years now. Watching the Hardy's on it is like watching some of the cast of Saved by the Bell on their own reality show - they used to be relevant and famous but that time has long gone, so instead they act like morons on TV. There are good wrestlers on it no doubt but christ it presents them in the worst possible light. If its to "slowly rehab" it needs a white phosphorus enema. A joke company which will very quickly lose those "new viewers" (ever think they are old viewers coming back to watch the car crash?) because they are run by morons.

These are the people that secretly hired Vince Russo and tried to keep it from the fans and the network. That form of stupid is hard wired

BMMachine wrote: »
    Its been a "damaged product" which is "slowly rehabing" for a 5 years now. Watching the Hardy's on it is like watching some of the cast of Saved by the Bell on their own reality show - they used to be relevant and famous but that time has long gone, so instead they act like morons on TV. There are good wrestlers on it no doubt but christ it presents them in the worst possible light. If its to "slowly rehab" it needs a white phosphorus enema. A joke company which will very quickly lose those "new viewers" (ever think they are old viewers coming back to watch the car crash?) because they are run by morons.

These are the people that secretly hired Vince Russo and tried to keep it from the fans and the network. That form of stupid is hard wired

I could be considered one of the old viewers. From 06-maybe 2011, I enjoyed TNA as much as Ive enjoyed WWE. Some fantastic matches, great feuds and creativity was there to be seen. It was a great alternative to Vinces product, even though I watched both, TNA did alot of right back then. It still had its flaws and awful face palm moments, but thats wrestling I guess

Hogan and Co drove me away. I still watched but I slowly lost faith in the show as it got worse and worse and it was hard to tolerate the bad to watch or enjoy any of the good.

But Since 2 years ago Ive started to watch again when EC3 began his rise. He was one of the success stories of TNA and I tuned in just to see what all the hype was about. Most of the show was still bad, but it did have its good moments too. But sadly more bad than good.

I watch as much as I can. But they are surviving for the minute and they are in better shape as a product now than this time last year. Good wrestling is good wrestling no matter where its on, same goes with entertainment and its all subjective. Yes they have been badly mismanaged and that continues to this day and its a farce at the best of times.

But TNA is rehabing on screen, thats the main thing now. The bad is still there, but theres a lot more good than there was 12 months ago.

This Broken Matt Hardy v Brother Nero feud is bonkers. But they are trying and judging by the ratings they had success. A gain of 88k is fantastic. A gain is a gain and I hope they keep getting better.

Im just going to let time do its thing and watch as it shrinks until it eventually goes bankrupt.

Don't want to see anyone out of a job but if they carry on like they are, thats whats on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

There's always one. TNA have tried something different and it seems to be getting them a lot of attention. How that will relate to viewers long term is anyone guess but at this stage they have to take risks like this one. Haven't seen the show yet but I haven't seen this much (mostly) positive talk about the company in years. Impact isn't perfect but since the start of 2016 it has consistently been one of the most entertaining every week.

Who knows whats happening next week viewer wise.

Those extra viewers may tune out. They may stay and they may get extra eyes on them because of all the positive reviews. Tna is in a great position to grow now, build on the positivity and shake off a little of its stink if they follow up with a great show this week. If TNA continue to promote these matches as much and as well as Final deletion, and if it then it is possible to successfully capitalise on the buzz.

Next week with Lashley and Edwards is the main event. And those extra viewers who tuned in now know its happening. It, on paper at least, plus Galloway v EC3, will have me watching next week as I imagine I will enjoy both if done well.

TNA stink and bad rep wont go away over night, and the backstage issues and even the uncertainty over the future will continue most likely, but if they put on a good product despite all their problems, then the winner is the fans. Like I said, good wrestling is good wrestling no matter what show its on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gnfnrhead wrote:
    There's always one. TNA have tried something different and it seems to be getting them a lot of attention. How that will relate to viewers long term is anyone guess but at this stage they have to take risks like this one. Haven't seen the show yet but I haven't seen this much (mostly) positive talk about the company in years. Impact isn't perfect but since the start of 2016 it has consistently been one of the most entertaining every week.

In fairness, the positive talk is mainly people being entertained by how goofy and stupid it is. The acting is atrocious and it's not likely to get any wider attention beyond wrestling fans used to this type of thing.

I enjoyed it in a 'so bad it's good' kind of way.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

its not anyones guess. they will continue to slide in the ratings and this time next year will probably be looking for another tv deal. This slide has been ongoing now for half a decade, I really dont understand how people cant see the writing on the wall. Its honestly amazing that its managed to stay alive the past 2 years.
    and it isnt "theres always one". Its "this show has lost viewers at a steady pace over 5 years on account on the programs ****tiness"

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I love it so much you guys. Whatever happens to TNA in the future I'm glad it lasted long enough to provide the final deletion. So many beautiful moments. Mostly from the first 47 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Haven't been able to watch impact since moving house and haven't really heard much about it. Heard the hype for this and finally watched it last night. I watched it with my Girl Friend who's a casual fan and we both loved it. I assume Matt behind this and despite a level of camp to it, I think his really trying to tell a story. It works for me and love see more of this type of stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I haven't watched tna for a while now but the love/hate noise being generated here and other websites made me look it up and I have to say I loved it. Totally mad but in a way this is the perfect antidote for the blandness of wwe at the moment. Fair play to Matt for his creativity and vision

Sure It's total skub for fans, but I'll be tuning in to see what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Final Deletion was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

The Final Deletion was funny. Also, is Matt's gardener also his father-in-law?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

764dak wrote: »
    The Final Deletion was funny. Also, is Matt's gardener also his father-in-law?

Yeah thats Reby's dad playing the role of the Gardner in all their final deletion bits.

The more I thought about this the more I liked it as it was just so much fun, from Matt's almost South African (but never just 1) accent at times to the very small hilarious things like how Jeff is just mowing mad Hardy art crop circle type things into his lawn before the drones show up.

Obviously its not serious in anyway but I think I would watch all the directors cuts and commentaries on this before I'd watch and actual TNA episode. That said I am glad they got somewhat of a bump in viewership on the back of this as they deserve recognition from the cmpany as well as the IWC.

imagine being Matt's son and watching this stuff back when your older.

The Destination X show was one of the best shows they've had in a long time.

Being vague to avoid spoilers but it was a nice debut at the end that made him look like a monster right off the bat. Wasn't who I was expecting so I was a bit surprised having not read much news recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

You really must have been avoiding all wrestling sites for the past week or 2 if you didnt know who the debut was gonna be! I am on record as saying I dont think TNA is long for this world (hows its still here is beyond me), but saw an older Boards poster say this feels like TNAs WCW 2001 run.

I will say I have no problem with people enjoying TNA but for me personally it will take alot more than Matt Hardy being "Broken" to invest time into the product. I have ZERO faith in the management to not screw things up. Also Josh Matthews is a ***t

LeeJM wrote: »
    You really must have been avoiding all wrestling sites for the past week or 2 if you didnt know who the debut was gonna be! I am on record as saying I dont think TNA is long for this world (hows its still here is beyond me), but saw an older Boards poster say this feels like TNAs WCW 2001 run.

I will say I have no problem with people enjoying TNA but for me personally it will take alot more than Matt Hardy being "Broken" to invest time into the product. I have ZERO faith in the management to not screw things up. Also Josh Matthews is a ***t

I had fallen a good bit behind on my wrestling viewing so had been doing my best to avoid obvious spoilers. Still seen bits and pieces like last week's Final Deletion before I had seen the challenge even issued. The weekly ROH show has gotten pretty bad the last few months so I think I'll drop that rather than trying to catch up. Especially with the G1 Climax starting next week.

On the subject of WCW, I've seen people describe this week's show as TNA's Nitro in 1995/96. The show format was certainly similar in a lot of areas. I'm pretty sure most consider that the high point of Nitro which is pretty high praise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

WhatCulture are hit or miss for me, but I thought their reactions summed it up perfectly for me:

I dunno they say they didn't enjoy it but they looked like the thing had 100% of their attention and that is not usually the case with wrestling these days.

That said if all wrestling was like that it'd be garbage imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So watching this week's impact. Didn't realise
    Sandow
    was signed

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So watching this week's impact. Didn't realise
    Sandow
    was signed

He looked a little out of shape/rough, like he hasnt been to the gym as much since his WWE departure. I like the guy, but I feel his aura has gone for now and he needs to reinvent himself more than just being a guy on Impact. Early days though

His promo seemed like TNA weren't expecting to get him, then got him. It felt like he was just given a mic and told to make something up until they find a story for him. The promo wasn't that good either and the fact that Galloway cut an awesome promo later on just made it seem even worse. Not a good start but we'll see where he is this time next month.

He kept saying he wasn't going to take digs at WWE then went on to take digs at WWE. I don;t know what to think of it. Will see when he gets his first feud/match

Meant to say after last week's Impact, but TNA really know how to devalue a title. The way they just had Lashley throw the titles on the ground, vacating them was stupid.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to say after last week's Impact, but TNA really know how to devalue a title. The way they just had Lashley throw the titles on the ground, vacating them was stupid.

Id actually say Lashley helped both titles depending on the next champion or two. Nobody gave Edwards a chance at winning at Destination X but during the match it looked like he was about to become World Champion. Lashley made the X-Division look equal to the World title in those two matches. Something that hasn't happened in a long, long time. Lashley throwing down the X-Division title was supposed to be disrespectful. That's his whole character. Plus, why would he want to wrestle three times a night instead of just the once? He only wanted the three titles so he could unify them and just wrestle once. I fully expect DJ Z to win the vacant title and challenge Lashley again in the future following their recent interactions. If someone like Sutter wins the title, then it goes nowhere.

I know what happens with the KOTM title so I'm not saying anything about that other than Lashley also made it look like Storm was about to become World Champion. Lashley has done a great job making you think his opponent is about to win and doesn't get enough credit for how much he has improved in recent years.

Advertisement