Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Libertadores 2012

• 17-05-2012 9:57pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Sure, might as well throw up a thread! Might be of some interest for some who are still up and need their football fix.

Into the quarter finals stage now, first couple of games were on yesterday. Low scoring draws both were. The big games are most definitely on tonight with Boca vs Fluminense and Valez vs Santos.

54ztjl.png

First game features the likes of Riquelme for the hosts. Flu's key players Deco and Fred miss out so you got to fancy Boca at home if you didn't already. The two teams were in the same group earlier on though which saw both pick up away wins.

Valez vs Santos should be a cracker of a game. Should be goals galore and hopefully one if not more for Neymar too. Hoping Santos with also the likes of Ganso and Kardec qualify. Have not watched anything of Valez bar the recent game against Boca, and they were quite toothless in front of goal it has to be said. Drawing 0-0 against 10 men Boca. Still, it's a cup competition and yeah, we all know the cliche of anything can happen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hopefully the games tonight will live up to the billing. I stayed up for both games last night and they were both pretty disappointing. Especially Vasco v Corinthians. I won my under 2.5 bet so that made me feel a bit better :).

I'm looking forward to Boca v Flu more than the Santos game to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

where do you guys watch these games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

the second game is on setanta ireland afaik. Betting websites usually stream them.

markie29 wrote: »

Al-Jazeera sport on Hotbird 13E, can't go wrong with it.

The Setanta commentator said on twitter that Premier Sport is free tonight, so if you have that on your sky box then you can watch the first game there. Second game is on Setanta Ireland.

Or internet streams/bet365, they are fine for South American football as there is no bans in the middle of matches for copyright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Al-Jazeera sport on Hotbird 13E, can't go wrong with it.

The Setanta commentator said on twitter that Premier Sport is free tonight, so if you have that on your sky box then you can watch the first game there. Second game is on Setanta Ireland.

Or internet streams/bet365, they are fine for South American football as there is no bans in the middle of matches for copyright.

thanks! will try to watch at least one of the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

markie29 wrote: »

Apologies lads for taking this off topic, but is Argentinian league football available to view over here at all? Channel 5 (I think) used to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Used to love watching this years ago. Santos had a super team then, Alex, Diego and Robinho on the same team, and a very tidy left back called Leo. Boca had Carlos Tevez. He was a looper back then too. He got a red card in a game against River Plate for doing a chicken dance. Ah the memories.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Apologies lads for taking this off topic, but is Argentinian league football available to view over here at all? Channel 5 (I think) used to have it.

Channel 5 indeed used to show it. No idea if they still do nowadays. I usually watch the games on betting sites (usually excellent quality) if not by other means.

If any of you's are in the UK..
    If you're in the UK and don't have a bedtime, Boca v Fluminense in the Copa Libertadores is free-to-air on Premier Sports now (Sky 433)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

This is great. Usually there's no football on this late to keep me occupied in work!

• Advertisement

Good game so far, both sides with great opportunities to score!

Why is he putting his arm out there! :confused:

Just got very difficult for the Brazilians.

Crazy handball by Carlinhos, but was the first yellow the result of a dive?

Don't let me down Boca, c'mon!

Boca have had so many good chances now. They just can't seem to find the net.

Internet went as soon as they scored!

Boca 1-0, nice finish after a lovely through ball from Cvitanich.

What a miss........

Should be 2-0.

FT 1-0, advantage Boca.

Valez v Santos kicks off at 2am for any people still up.

I'll probably catch the first half. Lets hope its an exciting one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

A Santos win hopefully

• Advertisement

Looks like a proper man marking job on Neymar.

Good start from Valez.

I'm watching the game on some Arabic channel, but my god is the commentator terrible. I've had to put it on mute.

Bar one attack from Santos, Valez have been dominant.

Velez take a deserved lead.

Nice header. That goal has been a while coming with Velez's dominance.

Can't believe how bad Santos have been, more than deserved lead for Valez though. Obolo's first goal in ages.

Went to bed at HT, but going off their first half performance Velez deserved to win. Both ties are close heading into the second leg so I'm happy about that.

Brasileiro is back this weekend too!

Same.

I see Neymar has praised Peruzzi, the guy who man marked him out of the game. Good of him, very impressive display from the kid. It's set up very nicely for the 2nd leg. Still Fancy Santos to get through, likewise Boca and Universidad Chile. Hard to call the all Brazilian tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

-Ade- wrote: »
    Channel 5 indeed used to show it. No idea if they still do nowadays. I usually watch the games on betting sites (usually excellent quality) if not by other means.

The league games are shown on public TV in Argentina ...Canal 7. If you search for Canal 7 plus the game you're after (e.g... 'Boca vs San Lorenzo') you'll find the site or a stream easliy enough. I've been watching River Plate in their second division all year. Stream quality usually grand.

• Advertisement

Boca v Flu about to start. Corinthians v Vasco on after.

Don't think either are on UK/Irish TV, just streams.

The 2nd leg of Fluminense v Boca (0-2) has just kicked off. Corinthians v Vasco da Gama (0-0) is on at 2am.

edit - curse you Oatesy.

Its on setanta :-)

Had a look on my guide but it wasn't listed. Only realised now I last updated the guide last Thursday so it probably wasn't on their listings then!

Good start for Flu so far, Neves almost got in a few minutes ago after a 1-2.

We're all square! 1-1 on aggregate. HUGE deflection from a 35 yard Carleto freekick.

Oh dear oh dear! Fluminense have blown it!

1-1 on the night, 1-2 Boca on aggregate in the 91st minute.

Great finish there, Boca go through. Too tired to wait up for the other game so I'll be recording it.

• Advertisement

Any of the games on tv tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

setanta ireland at 11.55 for santos game anf 2.25 for the U de chile game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Should Santos win tonight? Thinkin' of watching it...

BOHtox wrote: »
    Should Santos win tonight? Thinkin' of watching it...

You'd like to think so. I hope so for my wallet sake.

Brilliant home record... but against the best away side in Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Velez are a real good outfit, really like the way Ricardo Gareca sets his team up. I thought for sure they would go backwards this year having lost Ricardo Alvarez and Santiago Silva who were two of their most important players last season. They have kept at the same level though and maybe even improved which is a real testament to how well the club is run.

I think they can win this tonight. I think they are too strong in midfield for Santos and I think the game will be won there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

setanta ireland at 11.55 for santos game anf 2.25 for the U de chile game

sorry it appears the tv guide on my android was wrong. might be on paddypower site or one of those

Valez keeper has been sent off.

Good luck to them now!

c'mon Ganso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Haha, 3 men just swarm all over Neymar when he gets the ball

Santos only have themselves to blame if they don't find a goal. Another big chance spurned.

Nice timing, they finally score. Match is level as it stands.

We'll probably be robbed of penalties in the last 3 minutes like the 2 games last night! :(

Peruzzi has been very good for the most part again tonight btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

haha santos keeper.

Rafael is a beast. Santos go through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement