Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD on the PS3

Options
  • 17-05-2012 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

I downloaded Resident Evil 1 The Director's cut on the PS3 but it plays terribly on my HD TV.

How is this dude playing it on such high quality on his PS3?

Any suggestions on how to improve the quality on my PS3 would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are you using a HDMI cable or just using the pack in yellow white and red cables? If you aren't using component or HDMI then you aren't playing in High Definition. In fact you're playing in worse quality than Standard Definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sorry if this is too obvious, but I assume your HD TV is much bigger than your monitor?

The picture would look worse the bigger the screen I would have thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well the guy in the video claims he's playing it in HD but the video is only 360p (the lower end of the SD spectrum) so that doesn't really count :pac:

You can play PS1 games in HD on PS3, but honestly they're just the original assets blown up. They might have a better colour contrast / resolution, but there's not a chance they're going to look significantly better. As noodler says, the likelihood is it will look worse. That's simply how the tech works. The game needs to be rebuilt entirely for a full HD resolution.

Resi 1 on the Gamecube isn't 'HD', but it's sure as hell going to look nicer than Resi 1 PS1 is.

Advertisement