Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Seals in Double Glass Windows

Options
  • 17-05-2012 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all, anyone know of anyone who can replace the inner seals on double glass windows? (In Grange, but any Sligo leads appreciated). Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

how old are the windows? if their new enough you could try munster joinery? or there's a guy called 'the window doctor' i've seen his van around, he deals with windows that are past their warranty. he's from ballina but works all over. his name's james mchugh i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

artyeva wrote: »
    how old are the windows? if their new enough you could try munster joinery? or there's a guy called 'the window doctor' i've seen his van around, he deals with windows that are past their warranty. he's from ballina but works all over. his name's james mchugh i think.

Cheers Artyeva...good question, less than 10 years I'd say, prb 8 years old and prb still under warranty.

But as we're on the coast and get a hell of a blast during the winter, I thought it might be a wee bit pushy to ask for work to be done under warrantly...maybe I too soft in the head:o....I wouldnt be surprised if the company no longer exists...

thanks for the info...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i have to say, the doors and windows in our house are from munster joinery and they've been great for after sales service. came out and replaced the lock in the front door cause it had seized [due to salty rain/wind!] and replaced bits on the patio doors cause they had changed supplier for that part [or something - i'm hazy on the details]. my husband's in the construction industry and he's dealt with the window doctor too so he's worth a call anyway. and even if he doesn't cover grange he probably knows who would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Hi op,
    You can try this link, they have a man in the Grange area. I've dealt with them, and a first class service.
    http://www.groganandcurrid.com/

Advertisement