Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€490 an acre.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

i would like to head into a bank manager and ask for a loan .................the computer says no.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

i had to laugh looking at this. it says wind farm and forestry potential haha. its heather ground and in an SAC and NHA. not a hope in hell of getting either. to be honest i think its seriously overpriced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Comes with its own gas pipeline as standard.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

When I read the title, I thought the thread would be about some idiot of a farmer who paid 490/acre per year to rent land ha! I couldn't have been more wrong :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Timmaay wrote: »
    When I read the title, I thought the thread would be about some idiot of a farmer who paid 490/acre per year to rent land ha! I couldn't have been more wrong :P
    Them men do exist,they are like Santa and the Toothfairy,just because you haven't met them doesn't mean they don't exist.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

Pity it wasn't the hill in the distance with the quarry, that would be a different story ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Timmaay wrote: »

Thats exactly what i thought . Had minor palpations at the thought of it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

i had to laugh looking at this. it says wind farm and forestry potential haha. its heather ground and in an SAC and NHA. not a hope in hell of getting either. to be honest i think its seriously overpriced

I do not know about that after 2015 if you had a SP of 160/HA your total SP would be over 50k maybe a reps scheme, the government will definatly have to sort something out for SAC and natural Heritage area's and DA on top you be heading for 70K/year before you put a goat on it. Also you could set it up as a private shooting area there is money in that as well

It would be the best pension that you ever invested in if you were within 50 miles of it. Also there might be some of it not in SAC so you could afforest that. I am not sure if even in an SAC that they might still let you have a windmill or two they wont let you have 20 mind you they are the next white elephant.

There are only two thing stoping me one I am too far away and two I owe the bank too much already.

Hard to beat range as redser will tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

"Wheras the boundaries on the ground are generally not defined"

so you dont know what your are exactly buying then?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Someone elses land? :pac:

• Advertisement

"Wheras the boundaries on the ground are generally not defined"

When they say not defined it means that it is not fenced in. Happen all over the place on the west coast where you have open area's unfenced. Can you imagine the cost of fenceing land that will only carry 1-2 ewe's to HA. You are not too worried if the next fella stock get's a free bite, your only hoping that you's are eating plenty of his grass as well.

Also there might be some of it not in SAC so you could afforest that.

There are only two thing stoping me one I am too far away and two I owe the bank too much already.

cant plant either way in afraid. serious doubts about a windfarm too but i wont knock that completly,
    pension me backside. cant see anything like the money you mentioned coming along on a completly unproductive piece like this. the money aint there (nor will it be in 2015) to pay people such high figures on this land

cant plant either way in afraid. serious doubts about a windfarm too but i wont knock that completly,
    pension me backside. cant see anything like the money you mentioned coming along on a completly unproductive piece like this. the money aint there (nor will it be in 2015) to pay people such high figures on this land

Come 2015 all the farmers in reps 4 will be exiting it. The government are under pressure to bring in a envoirmental as is for SAC and Natura Land. Already Coveney is backtracking on Greening as he know that it will have to happen so the fund's will be there from the CAP. If when a person purchassed the land they bought SP up to 200/Ha at present you would buy it at it face value ( ie if you bought a mix at between 100-200/euro/HA). There is also chance that there will be a minimum payment/HA post 2015

You seem to know the area but I find it hard to believe that there is no way you can enter from either end for forestry even if the non SAC land was in the middle you would more than likly get premission for a forrestry road on it. Now I am presuming that there is some land not in SAC.

I be suprised if it did not make more than the quoted figure when sold

this is unenclosed land and is not suitable for the forestry scheme. unenclosed land can only form up to 20% of an afforestation application.

the land is completly ineligible for afforestation grants.

say if there is some not in SAC and NHA, unless your talking about trying for permission without grants it is not even possible to put in an application in. even if you did try plant it without grants you will be stopped by the NPWS

Well then it a case of 0.3 LU/Ha buy SP at between 100-200 euro/HA average 160 euro/HA. Post 2014 add 20% as this is where the minister stands and greening or agri envoirmental because post 2014 there will be one it will be funded out of the greening element of the SP. The fund will be targeted at SAC's. Add DA which will again be EU funded in the meantime apply to Leader to set up a Shooting project as they have a sh1t load of money they cannot spend it is a matter of thinking outside the box.

And yes it is a gamble and there will be winners and losers but as the journal alluded to last week the cute money is buying land at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭arctictree

And yes it is a gamble and there will be winners and losers but as the journal alluded to last week the cute money is buying land at present.

Interesting piece from the FJ on sales this week. Seems to be a slow down in selling in the SE:

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/site/farming-Waterford-farmer-wins-battle-at-Wexford-auction-15055.html
    Waterford farmer wins battle at Wexford auction

A 78-acre farm situated at Craigue Little, Duncormick sold in its entirety for €590,000 at last week's auction, writes Shirley Busteed.

Although generating a steady level of local interest prior to auction, it was a Waterford-based farmer that secured the sale of a 31.6-hectare (78.2-acre) non-residential farm situated at Craigue Little, Duncormick, Co Wexford at last week's public auction.

Before a full house, selling agent John Radford from Sherry FitzGerald Radford, New Ross initially offered the farm in three separate lots, all of which were subsequently withdrawn.

The first lot comprising a 4.61-acre site with planning for five detached houses didn't attract a bid; the yard on 52.8 acres was bid to €350,000 while the remaining 20 acres didn't receive any offer.

With that, the entire opened at €450,000 and briskly shot up to €560,000 with the help of five active bidders. It only took another €30,000 before the hammer fell at €590,000 (€7,500/acre) to a farmer from Co Waterford. The four underbidders were thought to be local farmers.

Once home to a herd of cows, the property came to the market with an extensive range of farm buildings that included a 10-bay double-sided slatted shed, and full planning for five detached houses. The land was guided at €7,000/acre prior to auction.

Kilmore farm open to offers

Meanwhile, it's understood that a 27.5-hectare (68-acre) non-residential parcel of land situated at Inish and Ballyteigue, Kilmore, Co Wexford was unsold at the recent public auction. It's believed the property was withdrawn at around €300,000 and is now for sale by private treaty.

Selling agent Kehoe and Associates, Wexford is currently open to offers. Set out in one block of four fields, about 25 acres is currently in grass with the rest in tillage. The land was extensively drained and reclaimed 30 years ago and was guided in the region of €7,000 to €8,000/acre prior to auction.

120-acre farm near Fethard unsold

Elsewhere, a 120-acre non-residential tillage and grass farm situated at Kilcloggan, Fethard-on-Sea, Co Wexford was withdrawn at last week's public auction by selling agent PN O'Gorman, New Ross.

This was the last of the four farm auctions that took place in South Wexford over the past fortnight. The farm comprised c.80 acres of grass, 40 acres of tillage and a farmyard. It's believed there was no bid at the auction.

Advertisement