Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I wanna go with a 50cc scooter and ditch the car

• 17-05-2012 10:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Yes I know chicken chaser

Been commuting on the busses but moved to new place no good bus service

Anyway the rule for the bikes if i am correct the full car license is good to 50 cc and that big enough for my needs as my mileage will this year be reduced a lot for various reasons

So any idea with no recent car driving history so starting without any no claims bonus of what it will cost in third party only Insurance for over 50 old codger like me on a scooter 50cc

All these automatic online forms demand a reply for renewal section to be filled to give quotes or they wont quote you

I know the price for the car but want to save money as car looks to expensive

yes I have extensive experience many years ago with many 50cc mopeds in Europe and Ireland so I know the craic on them and yes I am a cheap skate and don't want to fork out the mega bucks for bigger engines on bigger bikes

derry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Unless you're only driving in complete rush hour the licence you have will be a nightmare. Assuming you got your full B before October 2006 you are licensed to ride a Moped, these are restricted to < 45kph and) <49cc.

You'll be bullied into the gutter on every road unless you're very assertive.

Just stick BS details into the sites but use your correct DoB and a made up number on a local road, that's what I usually do when not really looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Del2005 wrote: »
    Unless you're only driving in complete rush hour the licence you have will be a nightmare. Assuming you got your full B before October 2006 you are licensed to ride a Moped, these are restricted to < 45kph and) <49cc.

You'll be bullied into the gutter on every road unless you're very assertive.

Just stick BS details into the sites but use your correct DoB and a made up number on a local road, that's what I usually do when not really looking.

yeah been a long time with 50cc you dont reach my age with 20,000 miles of 50cc chicken chasers under you unless you fight back
    rule one hog the middle of the road until you see a it it is clear for them SOB behind you to over take you with no left turn ahead they gonna do on top of you and there is no pot holes in the side of rad for you to fall into while they overtake you

A bike shop say that with AON insurance the quotes are never less than €300 euros as they have some policy that that is the minimum policy amount they ever do .With that kinda logic what is to stop car policy insurance to say the minimum policy will always be €1000 a year

The SOB in liberty didn't reply yet but word is they don't even try to compete against AON so I expect its gonna be €300 or more

My friends in France with AXA policy for 50cc mopeds and scooters pay something like €50 a year

Poxy rip off.

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

Me, 30 year old male, 0 ncb, on B licence, 50 cc in Quinn (now Liberty), outside Dublin - 312e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There are four companys you know. Adelaide and Carol Nash can give quotes too. I would be surprised if Adelaide didn't beat both the above with third party and no extras.

Advertisement