Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picking up cold poop

• 17-05-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

greetings

as a dog owner i do what i have to do and clean up after my dog once it does the business but the other night i seen her in her pooping position and went over to pick it up, it wasn't till it was bagged and i was putting a knot in that i realized it was a cold one. i had picked up some other dogs poop, i couldn't find my dogs poop to pick it up as it was dark. but here is the question would you, or do you pick up other dogs poop whilst walking your dog? when you see dog poop that hasn't been picked up you probably give out about the owner but would you pick it up yourself as you have the bags on you..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

If I was in your situation in that you couldn't find your own dogs poop I would pick up the nearest poop I could find, think someone here once called it poo karma!
    My guys always on a lead so I can always find his poop and I always pick it up, but no I wouldn't pick up another dogs poo. I'd be stopping every 6ft and never finish the walk if I did. But I see what you mean, it's tempting when your picking up your own dog's poo to pick up another one right beside it but the way I think of it is I do my bit by cleaning up my mess from my dog but I'm not cleaning up someone else's mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I do pick up other dog's poop - on my shoes :mad: I really wish more people would be conscientious when it comes to poop, it takes 2 seconds to bend down, put it in a bag and go on your merry way! Not only is it disgusting, it's also harmful, what if the dogs had any diseases or god forbid parasites that get passed on to people?! I agree with zapperzy with the 'poop karma', if you can't find one belonging to your own dog (it does happen!) pick up someone elses! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

Zapperzy wrote: »
    If I was in your situation in that you couldn't find your own dogs poop I would pick up the nearest poop I could find, think someone here once called it poo karma!

i had the nearest one to my dogs in a bag,

i walk my dog off the lead but she is very good, she normally does her business in the same area every day and she has a bit of a pre poop ritual so its easy to know i have to take out the bag.

but i do agree with poo karma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I'm a firm believer in poo karma. If I happen to have my poo bag out to pick up my own and see another near I'll grab it too but like Zappery I'd be stopping every few feet

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

I picked up a 'cold' poo recently in the park as my dog had stopped in a wooded area and ran off and I presumed what I picked up was her mess - of course when I realised it was cold I knew it was the wrong poo lol. Strangely I found it more disgusting to pick up a strange dogs poo then my own dogs - a bit like changing another babies dirty nappy - yuck but fine when it was my own baby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement