Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ego C cleaning

Options
  • 17-05-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

So how do you guys (and girls of course) clean your ego C atties? Mine's performing a bit on the weak side and tastes like sh1te too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

rubbing alcohol or similar

videos

have a look at a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, soak in alcohol is a good way. I used to pop the spike off and rinse the wick in water first. It will come back white again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

What I do is unscrew the battery from the atomizer cone, unscrew the underside of the atomizer cone, remove the under performing atomizer, replace with a new atomizer and put it all back together. Hey presto, vapour production and taste back to acceptable levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

'Cleaned' an ego-c atty tonight with vodka. Probably didn't need it as there was no gunk in the remaining vodka, so i stuck some ginger ale in there. Mild taste of vanilla from it (the last juice the atty was used in). Lovely! :D

Edit: Or maybe i just imagined it... anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I use a jewellery aka ultrasonic cleaner. Not worth buying it just for this but it works a treat. The wick gives out but the coil works great for ages so if you get some wicking material...fiberglass or mesh...you can make your own. There are several videos on Utube showing you how.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

TinCool wrote: »
    What I do is unscrew the battery from the atomizer cone, unscrew the underside of the atomizer cone, remove the under performing atomizer, replace with a new atomizer and put it all back together. Hey presto, vapour production and taste back to acceptable levels.

This is indeed what the removable atty heads are about -throw out the atty head and get a new one. The original Ego T design wasn't as good as the "C" but they were easy to clean.

I actually have a working Ego T atty that is a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Thanx for all the replies lads. I figured out why the performance was lacklustre even after changing to a new atty and cleaning the old one....a simple change to a new blank cart and it's vaping like a champion.

Advertisement