Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Airtricity sales guys..

Options
  • 17-05-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm in Blanchardstown and lately our estate is getting frequent "visits" of Airtricity sales guys, 4 in the last 3 weeks alone. The most annoying part of it is that I actually am with Airtricity since years and still they keep on knocking at my door. One of them actually didn't believe me when I told him that I was already a customer, he kept on babbling that it couldn't be and he didn't have any records - I got so annoyed that I nearly shoved the last invoice in his face to prove it. He just left without a word. Anyone on here has similar experiences with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,672 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have had a few visits myself, although not as regular as yourself.

They love to point out how cheap their unit rate is v BG, who I am with.

However I had a good read of their documentation, and they have a charge which is higher (think its standing charge), so by the time I worked it out, I'd be saving 2Euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

theres sum ammount of threads on boards about airtricty sales guys wrecking peoples heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mlink73

NIMAN wrote: »
    Have had a few visits myself, although not as regular as yourself.

They love to point out how cheap their unit rate is v BG, who I am with.

However I had a good read of their documentation, and they have a charge which is higher (think its standing charge), so by the time I worked it out, I'd be saving 2Euro per month.

I am more annoyed that they still come around even I am already a customer and on top of that refuse to believe me. Maybe I should nail my welcome letter to the door to keep them away......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Last winter at about 8 p.m. on a freezing cold night I had two young ladies knock on my door selling Sky. I swear to God it was brass monkey night and I had to point out to them that they hadn't a hope of engaging with people on the doorstep on a night like that but they just laughed and kept up the sales pitch. I had to just tell them I was happy with UPC as I had their broadband and TV, wasn't interested and closed the door.

You have to admire their perseverance I suppose.

Airtricity, now that's a different matter. Those guys are getting a reputation that puts them in the same league as the Jehovah's Witnesses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Phone up Airtricty and tell them you're going to leave them - when they ask why tell them about the sales guys.

Also never under estimate the power of being a mentler. Grab a bible and ask them if they have heard the great word of out Lord and Saviour.

Alternatively - and this is my fave - ask them to slip their ID under the door as you are 'scared' then don't return it.

Seriously though - 15 years in sales I have to say that I feel perfectly justified in ending any engagement with people I don't want to talk to. Normally the chuggers around the City. Politely saying No Thank you is as much as any sales person deserves; beyond that they can expect the door closed in their face. Realistically you are doing them a favour as they probably have a script they have to run though and if you shut the door at least they can move on to the next house.

Telesales - I always put them on hold - if they're still there after an hour I'll listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

mlink73 wrote: »
    I'm in Blanchardstown and lately our estate is getting frequent "visits" of Airtricity sales guys, 4 in the last 3 weeks alone. The most annoying part of it is that I actually am with Airtricity since years and still they keep on knocking at my door. One of them actually didn't believe me when I told him that I was already a customer, he kept on babbling that it couldn't be and he didn't have any records - I got so annoyed that I nearly shoved the last invoice in his face to prove it. He just left without a word. Anyone on here has similar experiences with them?

Once again Bear Grylls to the rescue.

<SNIP> Please do not advocate violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This topic has been done to death in the past, and I don't think we're going to go anywhere new with this one.

Thread closed
    dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement