Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weddings

• 18-05-2012 12:26am
    Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭

Why do people attend so many weddings? Most seem to attend at least 2 per year, the last one I went to was 12 years ago. I will never get married because I need to protect the capital I have accumulated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Maybe they have more friends than you?!
    I was at 2 last year (1 was my own).
    Before that, I think I was 8 the last time I was at one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I will never get married because I need to protect the capital I have accumulated.

I'm not so sure that's the only reason :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Why do people attend so many weddings?.

They have friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I have friends and I haven't been to any weddings in my life besides my sisters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Why do people attend so many weddings ?

Because they were invited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Why do people attend so many weddings?
    There is a strange pattern to these things which I have noticed happens. Someone gets invited, and then they go. Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Great places to pull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

irish-stew wrote: »
    Great places to pull.

What? A pint? A cart? :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

I have been invited but they suggest I should contribute some money. :mad:

I have dedicated my life accumulating money and I shall not give it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Most seem to attend at least 2 per year
    Pfft....try 2 in one weekend. Last weekend.

Im still in a heap...and so is my bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

I have been invited but they suggest I should contribute some money. :mad:

I have dedicated my life accumulating money and I shall not give it away.

Read about a guy like you once........Christmas was where he came a cropper......Scrooge his name was, but he saw the error of his ways and everything turned out all right in the end happily;)

There's hope yet OP, don't despair!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Can't stand Irish weddings,lash out the food put the veg on the plate and get the bar open til everyone falls around to a Credence Clear Water song or the seige of ennis.
    You end up dropping a fortune and dreading any invite to the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Pandora2 wrote: »
    Read about a guy like you once........Christmas was where he came a cropper......Scrooge his name was, but he saw the error of his ways and everything turned out all right in the end happily;)

There's hope yet OP, don't despair!!
    yeah OP, you might be getting a visit from the ghost of wedding presents, if you don't change your ways

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I was at one a couple of weeks ago. I looked really handsome in my suit.:)

As for marriage: I haven't decided whether or not I'll take a wife. Should I meet a maiden of virtue true I shall, with her assent, wed her.

So screw you, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I will never get married because I need to protect the capital I have accumulated.

Find someone who has accumulated more capital than you and take some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jennifer Parker

I can't believe that girl did what she did... she always said her boyfriend wouldn't have a stag night and she knew how she'd prevent that...

Just got a call from my boyfriend, who informed me that his best friend (who is engaged for about a year now) is going to get married (big surprise) and asked him whether he (my boyfriend) ist going to be the best man...

the wedding is going to be on the 8th october (not 2013, this year) (the day after my boyfriend and I return from our holiday in Turkey and the day before I'm going to sit an extremely important exam in university)... anyway, stag night is cancelled as we are not around for the next few weekends (and it obviously is the responsibility of the best man to organise it)... his fiance/girl friend knew damn well we weren't around before the wedding...

am I just a real bit paranoid because I hate this girl anyway or is it a little strange to invite people to a small wedding on such a short notice (she isn't pregnant or anything as far as I know)?
    and can someone be really so manipulating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

if the exam is so important why are you only leaving a day before returning for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jennifer Parker

qwerty93 wrote: »
    if the exam is so important why are you only leaving a day before returning for it?

because the exam was supposed to be two weeks earlier and was moved to that date months after we booked the holidays... but that's not my point really...

it's more about the stag night part, where I know his friends have put a lot of thought in up to this point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

because the exam was supposed to be two weeks earlier and was moved to that date months after we booked the holidays

ah , apologies for nit picking at the story

Advertisement